Kyles C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kyles C10

I've had this in my back pocket for almost a year now while toiling away with other projects that I got bored with or was forced to move on from. Not entirely sure what direction I'm going with it but here she is.

1971 Chevy c10
    1/2 ton
    2wd
    307 V8 w/ 3 speed

It's got some interesting "add ons" from the factory like heavy duty front and rear springs. Rear step bumper, chrome trim, optional guages and 3.07 rear axles and chrome front bumper. For the price that I grabbed this thing for I don't think anyone would say no. While I love cars, trucks have always been my favorite.

One thing I want to stick to is keeping everything I can that's original to the truck while adding a bunch of modern stuff too without losing it's nostalgia.

The 307 is seized but I wasn't going to keep that anyway. There is rust but still cheaper and easier to fix than the Subaru I just got rid of. Time will tell but I'm beyond excited for this.
    Last edited by saturnstance; 11-18-2019, 12:48 PM. Reason: too many projects, keeping in one place.

you..... got rid of.... OBS?

Comment

Excited to see this, sad if OBS was sold
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

OBS is gone.I'm okay with rust but when I dug deeper into the car to get a better idea...rusting body seams are a no go for me.

Comment

Repair rust and raptorline over repairs, swap LS1 in, build rear 4 link and coilovers, wash the body keeping the patina and interior as is, profit
          I am a truck fan as well, wish I lived in the USA because here everything we get is stupid japanese 4x4 crewcab mini trucks and I love single-cab, short bed 2wd muscle trucks

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
            OBS is gone.I'm okay with rust but when I dug deeper into the car to get a better idea...rusting body seams are a no go for me.
            dang, was looking forward to you putting OBS all together. no worries though, not like i've ever given up on a project....

will be watching this.

Comment

Truth be told I've always loved trucks. Cars too but growing up next to a construction/paving company I just have a love for them lol I do have another car sitting in storage that one day I'll yank out but for now it's time to move on.

I know the truck is getting lowered and retain as much of the original stuff I can keep. Bolt pattern is fun but I think some billet wheels orrrr something trick. We shall see. My ultimate goal is a fun bench seat cruiser.

That does rowdy burnouts

Comment

Picking these up tomorrow. 15x7 / 15x8. Baby steps..

Comment

Awesome! hope you keep the patina, it looks awesome. Steel wheels are def the way to go with the patina.
                  I over engineer the solution to small problems while ignoring the big problems.

'74 Toyota Hilux (under construction), '74 Lotus Europa (low mileage, ALL original), '95 Mazda Miata (supercharged), '99 Chevy C2500 (ratty sleeper, 650 rwhp turbo LS), '01 BMW 540i/6, '76 Dodge Aspen (Lemons Race car)

Comment

Well. Some sort of an update. Snagged another truck lol It's a 62 C10. It's been sitting in front of a barn for a few years and finally stopped to ask about it this week. Owner told me all I had to do was pull the motor for him and it was mine..

So. this will go into storage for now. lol

Comment

facepalm

Comment

Pro tip: don't store it in front of a barn or under a tree.
                        "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                        Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

Definitely not lol

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                            Pro tip: don't store it in front of a barn or under a tree.
                            I almost choked

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Damn, the 71 looks dope. Great patina!

And I think it looks better than the 62...
                              Tut DAS denn Not, dass der Karren so tief is?

Comment

Working...
                              X