Bottom of the barrel E39 M5 build -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom of the barrel E39 M5 build -

At the start of the year I picked a car that has been on my bucket-list for a long time

2001 M5 that was advertised on CL.
    I drove it and it ran really well however needed so much work that I thanked the owner and said that I would pass on it.
    He said if he could take the huge speaker box and amp out of the trunk he would sell it for $7,000. I tried to walk away but my legs wouldn’t let me.
    180,000 miles

The plan for the car -
    I would like to drive it and track it - it is too far gone to try and make it original and I want to make my own creation. Also weight loss plan. Would like to get it around 3,500lbs or less.

The thing is a beast and is so fun to rip around in.
    The day I bought it - crusty peeling off vinyl on the roof - and almost a cheeky vanity plate.

Back tires

one muffler from each side and resonator had been removed lol - it's pretty loud

Extras! including a vape pen! - Oh and the car reeks of air freshener and pina colada vape.

interior shot

getting cleaned up

Stripping stuff out

new tires 275/35 squared (VMR wheels 18 x 9.5)

Did a bunch of preventative maintenance, love these throttle bodies!

solid brake lines, complete brake overhaul

made a custom spitter out of a universal ABS one -

Did a ECU flash
    Just found a 6lbs carbon trunk that I really want - so not rational but cool
    I'm going to pull out all of the audio stuff head unit nav factory amp, ect. and just put in a bluetooth amplifier.
    more to come.

oof this looks like its gonna be a fun thread.

Comment

In for more, love e39s, m5 is a dream and even tho I'd keep it as a luxurious street car I love to see them tuned and abused

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

impatiently waiting for my seat brackets.......

Comment

Seats in!

Comment

Working...
          X