Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    This one was needed

I just read about the ceramic coating wheels, I missed it previously, and can guarantee it works. Bad thing is it needs to be properly mantained with (expensive) aftercare products to keep its effect long lasting. I had all the car coated wheels included, then for three months washed it just with a garden hose and it would come out perfect, but I should have used the mantaining spray probably, because now it's working a lot less and I need a foam wash to get it squeaky clean
    ah, so basically a glorified wax job.

i'll add it to my list of things that don't last:

-qt azn gf
    -rotary rx7
    -summer tans
    -fruit roll-ups
    -ceramic coating

Alright dudes I guess I was wrong. The rice trombone is beginning to rattle my brain. Top of third gear sounds like the second coming, and I can only hang in there so long before I have to shift up or down, just to escape the skull-splitting drone.

This video has inspired me to chop out the hell-cannon and go with a straight pipe. Will try to get pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroteknik View Post
    Alright dudes I guess I was wrong. The rice trombone is beginning to rattle my brain. Top of third gear sounds like the second coming, and I can only hang in there so long before I have to shift up or down, just to escape the skull-splitting drone.

This video has inspired me to chop out the hell-cannon and go with a straight pipe. Will try to get pics.

I see some story about this dude on Vinwiki channel and... I'm only who thinks is looks the same as Ian Ziering? It's like his lost twin!

Took the rice cooker off the back of the exhaust and tried a straight-pipe.

Here is the sound the cow makes.

XXXX

Noi$y boy

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Sounds good with the straight pipe
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Noi$y boy
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Sounds good with the straight pipe
    I really like it at idle and low rpm's, but it is terrible over 3k.

Going to try to add a long glasspack to try and help the noise. WTF makes this noise, and why is it always the 4cyl imports that sound like this? I am actually interested in knowing if anyone knows the reason for the tiny trumpet sound.

I basically listen to that shit all day since I work in the city.....Also curious as to why they all sound so bad.

I think the glass pack will definitely help. Hell with my car adding in the center resonator takes out all the rasp. I am always surprised it does anything since its still a 3" straight through design.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

It is actually not just the jap 4cylinders as my damn 6cyl bmw with a straight center section sounded like a shitty trumpet too. ***** it so built a custom backbox and it got rid of almost all the rasp but got hella loud. I am a fan of loud exhausts but after a 300km round trip in a car that's unbearable at highway speed I'm putting a stock center section back in and hope with the custom rear silencer it will get rid of the rasp AND quiet it down a bit.
    I suggest you have a resonator AND a round straight-through silencer added too, for both your auditive and long-term mental health
    I see some jdm high end exhaust system also have a T-pipe resonator built in to eliminate a certain range of droning, but that's a weird subject and it needs some pretty precise calculations or trial/error to archieve good results

I basically listen to that shit all day since I work in the city.....Also curious as to why they all sound so bad.

I think the glass pack will definitely help. Hell with my car adding in the center resonator takes out all the rasp. I am always surprised it does anything since its still a 3" straight through design.
    I've really liked glass packs in the past, I've had them on a number of cars. I really **** the typical bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz top end sound we all know too well though. It makes me cringe. My last glass pack was on a V6 Nissan Pathfinder, with no muffler. It wasn't a short one though, it was like... 24" so I assume I may have to go with the longest one I can fit to get a similar result. In the image below, don't I already have a resonator in the straight section? I almost started suspecting that as the source of the buzz/rasp/whatevertf that noise is.

It is actually not just the jap 4cylinders as my damn 6cyl bmw with a straight center section sounded like a shitty trumpet too. ***** it so built a custom backbox and it got rid of almost all the rasp but got hella loud. I am a fan of loud exhausts but after a 300km round trip in a car that's unbearable at highway speed I'm putting a stock center section back in and hope with the custom rear silencer it will get rid of the rasp AND quiet it down a bit.
    I suggest you have a resonator AND a round straight-through silencer added too, for both your auditive and long-term mental health
    I see some jdm high end exhaust system also have a T-pipe resonator built in to eliminate a certain range of droning, but that's a weird subject and it needs some pretty precise calculations or trial/error to archieve good results
    Haha I've heard straight-piped BMW 6's and I didn't like them either, but they were still not as bad as the 4cyl buzz. I want the Eclipse to stand out from your typical rice-boi, by featuring classier modifications. I will definitely need to fix the exhaust. I tried driving it for a week, and it has completely rattled my brain.

I know I won't be able to mimic the sound completely, but I have always liked how the Neon SRT-4 sounds lmao. I'm not turbo, but if I could come anywhere close to this, I'd consider it a win.

Dude does mention in the video description its got a "vibrant ultra quiet resonator" so maybe that's my answer?

4G63 swap this!

I added a Vibrant Ultra-Quiet resonator to the rear-most section of the exhaust. Now the exhaust has 2 resonators. I am still not happy with the sound, but it has dulled the noise down a bit.

Still really wanting to get the facelift bumper, headlights and side-skirts. Need caps for the Meisters.

It bugs me that I am already a bit uninterested by the car. I love these cars, but now that I have one, my imagination is no longer stimulated by the hunger of not having it. I know this is not the car's fault, but mine. This happens with every car I've had, and I'm sick of the pattern. If I were to sell this car tomorrow, I'd be wanting one again in a month or two. The trick now is to pretend I do not have the car. This is the only way to enjoy the it. Crazy how easily I take stuff for granted. One day I'm jealously drooling over it, two weeks later, I'm

Sounds better already, if you want to tune it further you could use a db-killer in the tip (does wonders for noise, nothing for rasp), or look into a fatter resonator that's not straight-through in place of your first one

Sounds better already, if you want to tune it further you could use a db-killer in the tip (does wonders for noise, nothing for rasp), or look into a fatter resonator that's not straight-through in place of your first one
    Yes! The next step is to swap the first resonator out for a fatter or longer one. **** to do it cause it wont be shiny lol but oh well.

This build gives me the notion that the Eclipse might actually make a comeback. It's certainly fallen out of focus for the past decade outside the DSM community.

Quote Originally Posted by naughtyaudi View Post
    This build gives me the notion that the Eclipse might actually make a comeback. It's certainly fallen out of focus for the past decade outside the DSM community.
    They'll definitely come back, and when they do, it'll be VERY hard to find a clean stock example.

Last weekend I tagged along with a buddy to pick up parts for his truck at a junk yard. They happened to have a 2G Eclipse bumper kicking around.

XXXX

Either that bumper is brand new....or one of the best looking junk yard scores ever.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Stonks
    Last edited by Fruttolo; 11-02-2019 at 04:52 AM.

Either that bumper is brand new....or one of the best looking junk yard scores ever.
    It was brand new, still in the packaging foam. Must have been an order a customer never showed up for. $40 lol

Stonks
    Speaking of which, I've invested in some more plastic...

What is that and also why is it yellow?

What is that and also why is it yellow?
    It is an aftermarket gauge cluster bezel. The stock cluster bezel is painfully plain, and I like the split-window design. I have no idea why it is yellow lol. It is made by a company I have never heard of, but I love that it exists; I've never seen it in the wild. I had one on my previous Eclipse but I wrapped it in carbon-fiber because I could not stand the yellow. It looked good cool from 10 feet away, but up close, you could see my poor wrap-job. On this car, I decided to try and leave it yellow. If it is terrible I might have to paint it or something...

As time goes on... I feel like this car is going to have a "black and yellow" theme. It started with the MOMO letters on the first steering wheel, and has been growing on me. Now I want yellow center caps for the Meisters. If anyone can help, let me know. It might be a sick attempt to mimic Ferrari wheels, it might be innocent, I will not say. I refuse to buy an expensive car, so I will take this plain, cheap car and I will make it as fancy as I can.

I have a long commute from work, and by the time I get home, the sun is down and I can't take pictures of the car in the leaves. I am really bothered by that because I got a reminder the other day of the pictures I took with the RX7 in leaves last year. That made me compare where I was in life then, to where I am now. Mentally. I was in a really lonely place back then. I'm less lonely now, and I find that it directly correlates with how much time I make to be creative (drive aimlessly around town taking pictures). I am not complaining necessarily, I'm just admitting I might have enjoyed misery a bit. Sometimes it feels like pain has more meaning than laughter. My parents used to always tell me as a kid, "After laughter, come tears". Maybe I will have time to be creative yet.

I was digging around in my glovebox for something and I found this old decal. The original owner must have bought it and never put it on. The decal was all but ruined over time; I could not tell whether it was meant to stick on the inside or outside of the window, because it was sticky on both sides. It is a bit cringe... but it has a redeeming quality... it is Yellow.

Imagine that... missing being miserable.

XXXX
    Last edited by Miroteknik; 11-06-2019 at 12:22 PM.