Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 86 of 86

Thread: FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    This one was needed

    I just read about the ceramic coating wheels, I missed it previously, and can guarantee it works. Bad thing is it needs to be properly mantained with (expensive) aftercare products to keep its effect long lasting. I had all the car coated wheels included, then for three months washed it just with a garden hose and it would come out perfect, but I should have used the mantaining spray probably, because now it's working a lot less and I need a foam wash to get it squeaky clean
    ah, so basically a glorified wax job.


    i'll add it to my list of things that don't last:

    -qt azn gf
    -rotary rx7
    -summer tans
    -fruit roll-ups
    -ceramic coating

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Alright dudes I guess I was wrong. The rice trombone is beginning to rattle my brain. Top of third gear sounds like the second coming, and I can only hang in there so long before I have to shift up or down, just to escape the skull-splitting drone.

    This video has inspired me to chop out the hell-cannon and go with a straight pipe. Will try to get pics.








  3. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroteknik View Post
    Alright dudes I guess I was wrong. The rice trombone is beginning to rattle my brain. Top of third gear sounds like the second coming, and I can only hang in there so long before I have to shift up or down, just to escape the skull-splitting drone.

    This video has inspired me to chop out the hell-cannon and go with a straight pipe. Will try to get pics.







    I see some story about this dude on Vinwiki channel and... I'm only who thinks is looks the same as Ian Ziering? It's like his lost twin!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Took the rice cooker off the back of the exhaust and tried a straight-pipe.









    Here is the sound the cow makes.






    XXXX

  5. #80

    Default

    Noi$y boy

    FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Temple, PA
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Sounds good with the straight pipe
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    Noi$y boy
    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Sounds good with the straight pipe
    I really like it at idle and low rpm's, but it is terrible over 3k.

    Going to try to add a long glasspack to try and help the noise. WTF makes this noise, and why is it always the 4cyl imports that sound like this? I am actually interested in knowing if anyone knows the reason for the tiny trumpet sound.


  8. #83
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Temple, PA
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    I basically listen to that shit all day since I work in the city.....Also curious as to why they all sound so bad.

    I think the glass pack will definitely help. Hell with my car adding in the center resonator takes out all the rasp. I am always surprised it does anything since its still a 3" straight through design.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

  9. #84

    Default

    It is actually not just the jap 4cylinders as my damn 6cyl bmw with a straight center section sounded like a shitty trumpet too. ***** it so built a custom backbox and it got rid of almost all the rasp but got hella loud. I am a fan of loud exhausts but after a 300km round trip in a car that's unbearable at highway speed I'm putting a stock center section back in and hope with the custom rear silencer it will get rid of the rasp AND quiet it down a bit.
    I suggest you have a resonator AND a round straight-through silencer added too, for both your auditive and long-term mental health
    I see some jdm high end exhaust system also have a T-pipe resonator built in to eliminate a certain range of droning, but that's a weird subject and it needs some pretty precise calculations or trial/error to archieve good results

    FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Oregon, USA
    Posts
    9,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    I basically listen to that shit all day since I work in the city.....Also curious as to why they all sound so bad.

    I think the glass pack will definitely help. Hell with my car adding in the center resonator takes out all the rasp. I am always surprised it does anything since its still a 3" straight through design.
    I've really liked glass packs in the past, I've had them on a number of cars. I really **** the typical bzzzzzz bzzzzzzz top end sound we all know too well though. It makes me cringe. My last glass pack was on a V6 Nissan Pathfinder, with no muffler. It wasn't a short one though, it was like... 24" so I assume I may have to go with the longest one I can fit to get a similar result. In the image below, don't I already have a resonator in the straight section? I almost started suspecting that as the source of the buzz/rasp/whatevertf that noise is.



    Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    It is actually not just the jap 4cylinders as my damn 6cyl bmw with a straight center section sounded like a shitty trumpet too. ***** it so built a custom backbox and it got rid of almost all the rasp but got hella loud. I am a fan of loud exhausts but after a 300km round trip in a car that's unbearable at highway speed I'm putting a stock center section back in and hope with the custom rear silencer it will get rid of the rasp AND quiet it down a bit.
    I suggest you have a resonator AND a round straight-through silencer added too, for both your auditive and long-term mental health
    I see some jdm high end exhaust system also have a T-pipe resonator built in to eliminate a certain range of droning, but that's a weird subject and it needs some pretty precise calculations or trial/error to archieve good results
    Haha I've heard straight-piped BMW 6's and I didn't like them either, but they were still not as bad as the 4cyl buzz. I want the Eclipse to stand out from your typical rice-boi, by featuring classier modifications. I will definitely need to fix the exhaust. I tried driving it for a week, and it has completely rattled my brain.

    I know I won't be able to mimic the sound completely, but I have always liked how the Neon SRT-4 sounds lmao. I'm not turbo, but if I could come anywhere close to this, I'd consider it a win.




    Dude does mention in the video description its got a "vibrant ultra quiet resonator" so maybe that's my answer?

  11. #86

    Default

    4G63 swap this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •