Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FWD In Time, RWD In Mind. The Trappings Of A Failed Drifter.

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Glad to see you found the wing
    Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    Epic end of quest picture!
    Happy you found a wing
    Thanks dudes... Bit embarrassing the fuss I've made over it but I've got to keep my mind occupied with something...

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonLiri View Post
    You're best picture so far, please use this in the forum signature

Well mates I have good and bad news but because bad news should always come first, here she goes.

I pulled the fuel pump and witnessed the rustiest, crustiest, most un-trustiest fuel pump I've ever seen.

Good thing I had this new trusty, non-crusty, or rusty replacement on-hand.

I slapped that in, and haven't stuttered since.

Now for the good news? No. More bad news.

After closer inspecting the wing I traveled to the ends of the world for... I realized it did not come off of a GSX or GST. It most recently came off an Eclipse WITHOUT a wing (likely an RS), by a HACK just like me, trying to do exactly what I am trying to do.

The last guy tore all the OEM mounting hardware out like a drunk pirate dentist pulling teeth in gale force winds, so here's what all the holes looked like.

So if he tore the mounting hardware out, how did he mount the wing you might ask? Hahaha, well with wood screws of course!!

Situations like this would have the average man throwing the wing away, but I am a hack. No challenge is too great for a hack, and no feat is impossible. A hack is like a crackhead, and most hacks-heads do crack. I don't do crack, but I am definitely a hack.

One night this week all was calm in the house, not a creature was stirring, my wife left me, (Susan I just want to see the kids), I am alone in the house. And so I dreamt up the sweetest solution, you ever did see, observe what I came up with, how impressive it be.

That's all fine and dandy, but what would I do however, when I bumped the wing during install, and lost the wing-nut forever?

Fine question my friend, so here's a fine answer. A trip to Home Depot! ...what do I see? A compressed can of Foam! With 4X more Density!

So I put the nut in the wing, with a bolt to keep it there, and sprayed the foam in, with precision and care.

Then gave it a night, to settle and cure, with hopes the next day, I could mount it for sure.

The next day soon came, and to my delight, I mounted the wing, and the wing-nut stayed tight!

With tears in my eyes, and a song in my heart, I hopped into the car, and took off with a start!

I shot like a bolt, through twists and through turns, the hills shake in fear of the day; this madman returns.

Sorry if cringe..... bro i didnt mean to come off that way... im serious... can deleted if not cool...haha..... unless?

XXXX
    Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-12-2019 at 01:00 PM.

Dude! I loved the rx7 and sad to see it's gone. That being said, eclipses/talons/lasers have always been a favorite of mine. So congrats on the new ride. It already looks fantastic with those meisters and the new wing!

Lol at the foam + wing nuts ingenuity that is probably the weirdest wing ever but it really completes the look
    Extra-lol at the hack-crack-head part, I laughed my ass off

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Man, you weren't kidding, wing transforms the look of the car, lovin' it!

Now I cannot stand this car without the wing, your fault!

Quote Originally Posted by 06RawRsx View Post
    Dude! I loved the rx7 and sad to see it's gone. That being said, eclipses/talons/lasers have always been a favorite of mine. So congrats on the new ride. It already looks fantastic with those meisters and the new wing!
    Thanks man... Letting the RX7 go was a shame, but I saw no end in sight, and that car just wore me out lol. Glad you like the Eclipse, it looks to be a bit more manageable for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    Lol at the foam + wing nuts ingenuity that is probably the weirdest wing ever but it really completes the look
    Extra-lol at the hack-crack-head part, I laughed my ass off
    Yeah... but I wasn't going to wait for another perfect wing to come along, this one was hard enough to find.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjk View Post
    Man, you weren't kidding, wing transforms the look of the car, lovin' it!
    Once you see it, there's really no going back!
    Quote Originally Posted by DawsonLiri View Post
    Now I cannot stand this car without the wing, your fault!
    Yes! Now you see what I was going through!

Just look at it! I'm going to burn these images into your mind!

Its amazing how one little detail completely changes how good the car looks. I wasnt sure at first as I usually like cars with nothing (I have a love **** relationship with my own wing) but this just totally completes the car. Well done Sir.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    Its amazing how one little detail completely changes how good the car looks. I wasnt sure at first as I usually like cars with nothing (I have a love **** relationship with my own wing) but this just totally completes the car. Well done Sir.
    Thank you man. My obsession goes back to my first Eclipse that had a lame low-rise wing, and changing it would leave holes all over the rear quarters, so I was unwilling to make the switch. As soon as I got this car, no power natural, nuclear, or political could stop my diabolical plan.
    Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-19-2019 at 11:40 AM.

Ah.... black cars. My first car was black. The villain's color, the antagonist. The threat in the dark, that cannot be seen. The unknown. That which all day-time creatures fear. The cloaked figure that lurks in the shadows; the polar opposite of white, the striking contrast of nothingness at the absence of light.

My first car was a BMW 7-Series, I was... 17? Super proud, excited, and starved for freedom. The day I bought it, I waxed it in the afternoon. By the time I was done, I could see the setting sun in the reflection on the hood. That night was unforgettable. I drove to town in the warm summer night with all windows down, sunroof open, music blasting. I drove in loops through town, seeing reflections of streetlights, headlights, and even the moon! I was in love.

The next morning I came out to admire by car... and I saw specks of dust. I was pissed, but I was just starting to experience the labor of keeping a black car clean. I was still in highschool, and my school had a gravel lot. To keep the car sparkling at all times, I would often drive the car home for lunch, just to wash it and drive it back spotless. Sounds exhausting doesn't it? It was. But I was young, full of energy, and had so much to prove. A couple years later I sold the car, and quietly vowed to myself I would never buy another black car.

Hmmmmm.

I've washed the Eclipse 3 times this week.

So ANYWAY.... I actually have a question. Does anyone have any life-hack pro-tips for cleaning 3-piece wheels? The little areas between the wheel bolts specifically. Every time I wash the car, the most time is spent drying/scrubbing water spots off of the tiny spaces between the 40 bolts on each of the 4 wheels. It was cute and adorable heehee the first time but now that I've fingered these wheels all week, my fingers are getting tired, and I'm starting to wonder if this is even for her pleasure or mine... Yall savages got tips?

XXXX
    Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-19-2019 at 11:54 AM.

I am a monster and don't properly clean them. When they get too dirty in that awful area, remove the bolts, polish, put bolts back in.

Also in the same boat with black cars, said I'd never get a black car as I'm the worst detailer ever, then got the e36. I washed it more times than I washed all of my previous (grey) cars. I **** gray cars but man are they easy to mantain looking good.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Man that is clean, good job!
    The Eclipse is a great looking car. A friend of mine actually designed the gen 4 eclipse. I rather have a Gen 2 thought - GSX please, thank you

You need some need NOZZZZ
    and also, watch out for that "danger to manifold"

Quote Originally Posted by Miroteknik View Post
    ...life-hack pro-tips for cleaning 3-piece wheels?
    I use a paintbrush, but you can use a feather.
    Whatever you are into...

Also the car came out beautiful!