No announcement yet.

"beetle doesn't suit you" they say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are things I ordered from audi TT... (used my new polish colleague )
    Plan is to use them all, wire my open air roof to TTs convertible roof buttons and place the seat heating(I would like to fit heating to new OMPs later), hazard, esp... buttons where stock stereo is, I can print and weld in filler panel for it.

side vents are direct fit, center ones requires modification and lose their ability to be closed, maybe I can print a piece to keep this ability, not sure yet
    Not sure about center console rear end either, I'll figure something out I guess

📸 IG: PachezZ | My New Beetle 1.8t build thread

Comment

This is getting pretty cool. I really like it. Keep it up!

Comment

rear camber

we finally installed rear drop/camber plates... I dont have many pics of it as I was at work and my friend did the main part of it.
        -5 degrees, 1" drop and 1" shift to the rear + new

We used the opportuninty and painted rear calipers while it was disassembled...
        Pimp Purple + holografic glitter

I also used isolation tape on the second exhaust branch, it is right below gas tank and I dont want to puncture it in case of hitting something...
        Not best job, I should redo it and tighten it more... I also use spacers for exhaust-hanger mount and almost centered it and leveled both exhaust tips to almost same distance from bumper.

That led to this

but it was laying on this part...

there is charcoal cannister for EVAP system. I'd like to ditch it completely (with SAI etc...) but I dont have enough knowledge yet, I need to google it more So I made some new mounts and mounted it further in bumper. There was also some inner fender trimming involved, I still need to patch the top part with some rubber to prevent it from throwing mess behind it. Fixed some small rusty spots meanwhile.

and voilá...

Sadly the front is still like this, but I already have new headlight, new mounts and I am awaiting new fender. Will se If we can fix the bonnet, not sure about that. I may just order brand new...

and there is another challenge...

I wasnt planning to use that stereo cage but kinda felt in love with it... But first I need to mount the tunnel part and determine where it needs tu be cut...

Comment

Rear drop/camber plates look good. Beetle really needs the rear axle moved rearwards when lowered.

When you take apart the front clip, remove the air intake silence inside the fender. Also a great time to do anything you ever wanted with the lower grill/fog lights.

Comment

Looks sick! I love beetles

Comment

Awesome stuff.
              1976 VW Beetle
              Eine Gruppe für Menschen, die am Heizkörper spotten

Comment

Thanks all

Originally posted by white out View Post
                Rear drop/camber plates look good. Beetle really needs the rear axle moved rearwards when lowered.

When you take apart the front clip, remove the air intake silence inside the fender. Also a great time to do anything you ever wanted with the lower grill/fog lights.
                or lower grill - I already have projektzwo kit in the paintshop - I just told the guy not to rush

Got my fender today, yeah... We can finally start with front-end repairs...

But I already started tearing the lower dash down so I can go with TT parts. God this car is dirty af...

Center console will be easy, Mounting bolts/nuts positions are the same, I just had to order TT mounting bracket - I wanted to fabricate it but price of used one is good so - less hassle for me

Here I'l need to print the extension... I want to paint it all black with glitter in the end so no problem with that.

Comment

So, just a little bump since basically nothing moved forward as I am sick and spent a week in hospital and will probably spend more time there.

But now I am at home and feeling better so I hope I'll be able to modify some interior parts and create Beetle/TT hybrids
                  Also recieved my stickers and sides/stands for the big wing - If you remember that sketch

stock vs. mine

not sure if I'll use the side pods or not, but It will be 3D printed so its worth the try...
                  CAD:

Real laser cutted 5mm aluminium stands

Also not sure about color combo of the wing/stands
                  Black stands/yellow airfoil
                  Black everything
                  Yellow stands(and pods) / black airfoil?
                  Guess I need to mount it the way its now and try some photoshops...

Few random parking pics

Still need to find a way to lower the front for low-budget, well, more like no-budget...

I managed to scan TT center console at work before my hospital visit and made CAD model of extension which should be welded to the TT console... I may integrate cupholder and 12V/USB slots there before printing, not sure

Comment

Oh that's cool. What does the front look like with the dash in place?

Comment

looking forward to see how this goes!

Comment

Originally posted by white out View Post
                        Oh that's cool. What does the front look like with the dash in place?
                        Don't know I have a vision and sketch somewhere... it will be full TT center lower console and modified beetle center dash part with TT buttons and vents... That part will be hardest I guess...

Originally posted by MaikelW View Post
                        looking forward to see how this goes!
                        Thanks I'll try not to disappoint you and mostly myself

Didnt wanted to post as not much happened, but decided to do it so it wont be one big picture heavy post in a week or so
                        As I said, I am at home, not working this week, cant go outside because of pills I got... So I am working on the interior pieces...

Started with the main part of this revamp - TT lower center dash. TT had climatronic, beetle use good old one manual hvac controls...
                        So I bought golf 4 controls with bezel because its flat (beetles is rounded, cant mold it into TT part)

Started with TT and Golf bezels

Grinded the hole for golf part - made a lot of mess in my living room

3D printed red filler pieces and melted it all together with solder gun from the inside...

Then lot of sanding, filling and base paint which revealed more filling needed - this is where I am now... waiting for it to harden

Meanwhile - I want to use TT buttons for heated seats, window, hazard, esp... And only not electrically compatible part was the most important one - park anywhere buttan aka hazard switch. Fortunately you can take of the outer part and switch it to the beetle part... And voilá - fully compatible button module is born

Also mounted the shifter shroud and found out another problem - this is neutral - so I cant shift 2nd and 4th gear right now. I will remove the rubber boot to find out if its just the stick coliding with shroud or shifter mechanism...
                        We can cut and reweld the stick in different angle in first case. Or get complete TT mechanism in second case. Gotta find out

Also Tried to mount kneebars to determine center console height and it looks kinda easy... Still need to cut out some dash parts to fit this...

Comment

First things first Kinda finnished the main part of bottom center dash part. I may spray one layer of clear coat over it, waiting for my order
                          Black with holographic glitter as should be the whole center console, lower dash part and few more small covers...
                          Its not any near profesional finish but I am happy with it First time I did this type of mod...

Probably gonna use the knobs I already have in car, not sure

3D printed center console extension, fitment to the TT one is good. but I need to modify it to fit rear seats and reprint it.

Either way I am thinking about that "free space" it provides and maybe I will print cupholder like this with aluminium (CNC machined) top to keep TT style... not sure yet. I am kinda worried of it to look too cramped there...

Oh and I found out that modification of shift rod wouldnt be enough, so I ordered TT shifter assembly...

Comment

wing time...

Fitted TT side vents

And first tests of my very own wing design... Lot of people will dislike this It should flow the car better with front splitter and widened rear fenders in the future... Tanner Fousts beetle and RWBs and Slant nose porsche 997 were big inspiration for this design

I dont like the sidepod front view... its too - wide/massive I guess. So I already printed different version - the one I showed you before and it may be better.

Now to paint it all... not sure how, I would like to have stands and side pods in body color and the wing itself black with same glitters as in interior.

I am printing new extension for center console - I will make the cupholder, but different, just for one cup, It shouldnt look cramped there and the top aluminium frame will be easier and cheaper to make. No CNC, just lathe...

Comment

Almost finished the wing, only sidepods remains... I have to sand them a lot

You can say for sure I am not good at spraypainting... Tried a little stencil where the sidepod will be...

"Z" mounts installed

Stands/side plates installed

Dat A**

When you are the weird one here...

Of course we had to test its main function...

Tomorrow next step - Passat B6 valance used upside down as temporary splitter until I find and buy right material to make functional one..

Comment

Today when I was parked on a dirt road near local beach area I heard a guy saying "Its on bags, he will raise it and drive home"
                                Having static car as low as others things its on bags kinda made my day

Grinded the holes for side turn signals... VW made them look the same as common MK4 ones from the outside, but the hole is smaller... Well for using sequential turn signals I had to make them bigger

The new ones aren't as rounded as the old ones... 3D printer comes to help and I made this frame - It will be black with glitter (same as wing and interior pieces) while the lamp itself will get neochrome wrap as the stock ones...

Talking about glitter - I really messed up the wing, its not shiny as I wanted... I am shitty painter

Wing was pretty wobbly left-right direction and I dont want it to colapse at higher speed or bigger bumps. Here comes tension cable bracing...

No way I can use the passat b6 valance upside down as is... It will be to low and at weird angle...

So I plan to cut it a lot and use rubber lip (ali expres) on it

Oh and funny one - scooping dirt when backing up on unleveled dirt road is a thing

Comment

Working...
                                X