Dlux BMW E21 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scotto View Post
    You need a record player since thats what is cool again. Along with some crappy speakers. Gotta make everyone else happy before yourself.
    Thats the point, right? Make sure youre making everybody else happy, when thats actually impossible....

Who is the real douche or who is the real sellout if you change something that you like just to appease everybody else?

Take a look around... look at what is "normal". Now ask, do you want to be "normal"?

If somebody didnt like black out lights for parking lights and they criticize me, I dont think I would really care. What kind of person would criticize somebody for something like that? Probably somebody who wears girl pants, lives in their parents basement and cant find a job?

It just seems strange that society is leaning more towards accepting gay, trans or whatever (which I think is good too) but then they lean towards not accepting somebody because they have different color park lights? LOL. So silly.

Comment

• Hey man, I stripped the audio off two out of three of my e30s. Am I old now or what?

On topic: as said before - to each their own. Your car - do what you like to it. Always happy to see what other people do to their cars. I actually love the e30 light mod.
      If you accept my opinion on the topic though:
      People over here swap over to headlights from an e28. The euro headlights, where the low beam is larger than the high beam. That is probably the best upgrade to the e21 fascia if you ask me.

e21.jpg

Should you decide to go this route: I have a spare left hand pair of euro e28 headlights and I can find a right hand pair of those as well. If you are willing to pay intercontinental shipping, these will be my gift from me to you.
      "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
      Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Originally posted by gnmzl View Post

Should you decide to go this route: I have a spare left hand pair of euro e28 headlights and I can find a right hand pair of those as well. If you are willing to pay intercontinental shipping, these will be my gift from me to you.
        Man, thats really generous of you! I appreciate that a lot!

The headlights are a thing of preference for sure too! I cant say I dislike any of them but I do like the stock head lights the best. I am glad too because the other options look expensive! LOL

If I really want to stir the pot,... I will say I dont really mind the stock E21 diving board bumpers either. I do like the Euro bumpers best but I am not sure I would have spent the $1000 on them if I didnt get them with the car. Just tucked stock bumper does not look bad IMO.

Comment

• Go with the stock headlights in this case. I like them too if that matters. We experimented with some headlights on a buddy's e21 and I personally found the e28 mod looking best. His choice was stock e21 lights with e12 chrome rings around them - bolt on mod and ties very will with the other chrome bits on the car.
          On the US bumper topic - they may not look the bast, but I'll take them anytime on a car that is driven regularly. If I show you a picture of my euro 325e you'll know why. There isn't a single detail on it that survived parking damage or pedestrian stupidity. Including the roof!
          Anyways, my offer for the e28 headlights stands and if you want to give it a go - shoot me a PM.
          I don't want to derail the thread, so please remedy me by posting more pictures of the car. Now that you drive it, maybe some more with that same scenery with the maintains in the back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik D_lux View Post
            LOL. So people wont think I am cool? Shit!

I am going to do the build over so I can put 13's and white park lights in. Hopefully then people will accept me for the old man I am.
            Originally posted by Erik D_lux View Post
            Oh, and I will take out my 10" woofers too. Old people are too lame to listen to music with sound quality. Shoot, might as well delete all my music too since its old and not cool. Fuck, now that I think of it, I cant listen to new stuff either because its lame for an old person to try and fit in.... So, no music at all is the only solution..
            loved this

Comment

• Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
              Go with the stock headlights in this case. I like them too if that matters. We experimented with some headlights on a buddy's e21 and I personally found the e28 mod looking best. His choice was stock e21 lights with e12 chrome rings around them - bolt on mod and ties very will with the other chrome bits on the car.
              On the US bumper topic - they may not look the bast, but I'll take them anytime on a car that is driven regularly. If I show you a picture of my euro 325e you'll know why. There isn't a single detail on it that survived parking damage or pedestrian stupidity. Including the roof!
              Anyways, my offer for the e28 headlights stands and if you want to give it a go - shoot me a PM.
              I don't want to derail the thread, so please remedy me by posting more pictures of the car. Now that you drive it, maybe some more with that same scenery with the maintains in the back.
              You are 100% right. This thread is in some serious need of some exterior pictures and overall pictures I took some this weekend and will post them below.

Comment

• Post your build threads here! Keep us updated on what you're doing in your garage.

I was talked into the Zender rear valence a couple months ago. Before I bought one, I thought the rear looked "fine". It looked unfinished and a bit rough but I didnt think anything would really help it. I was wrong! This Zender rear valence really finishes the back end off especially with the euro rear bumper. I love it!

I also went on a drive up the canyon and grabbed a couple of shots.

Car is running really well, still trying to figure out the VSS and why I am not getting a signal. The VSS, a couple other mechanical issues and the rest should be cosmetic. Getting there though.

Comment

• Loving the shots! Looks great

Comment

• I really like that rear valance, is the second time I see one in the wild.
                    Not a fan of the front one, I think the BBS looks better

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                      Loving the shots! Looks great
                      Thanks mang!

Originally posted by DawsonLiri View Post
                      I really like that rear valance, is the second time I see one in the wild.
                      Not a fan of the front one, I think the BBS looks better
                      Thanks, me too!

You might be confused? That is the BBS front valence.

Comment

• Absolutely loving it

Comment

• That's more like it!
                          Love the car, great work. Rear apron ties it together really nice.

Comment

• I made up a new spare tire cover for the trunk as well as a rear strut bar. The trunk area is now nice and tidy...

Spare tire cover... I was lucky to have a torn up old one to use for a template so building this was not bad at all.

Rear strut bar turned out good as well. I didnt like many of the examples online where they bolt to the side of the strut housings. I wanted it to bolt on top just like the front struts so its easily removed and no modding to the car at all. It turned out really simple and really functional. And most important, it clears the amp/subwoofers really nice. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by MightyMouse133 View Post
                              Absolutely loving it
                              Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                              That's more like it!
                              Love the car, great work. Rear apron ties it together really nice.
                              Thanks guys!

Comment

• So Clean!! first car memories are in my dads safari beige E21, been in the family since new. E21's deserve more love!

Comment

Working...
                                X