BMW 325 Turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW 325 Turbo build

Hello, i have been thinking about posting my car for a while now, but i have been holding back as there is so many nice e36 on here.
    Anyways since the car now is turbocharged i tought it was a good time to show what im doing with it over the winter.
    I also wanna inform you that english is not my naitive language and so there might be some incorrect spelling

The car is a 1994 BMW 325 Coupe, i bought it pretty much stock summer 2017. I will show you what i have done since then.

Same day as i bought it. Stock and boring.

Did some maintenance. EBC redstuff and brembo discs

Lowered it with some raceland coliovers and bought some rondell 0058 17x10 et20 in the rear and 17x8.5 et13 in the front.

Got some new fenders painted as the old ones where rusty

Changed my stock blue leather seats for m3 vader seats

Then i took the car of the road for some needed maintenance as the car failed the yearly inspection due to catalytic converter was bad.
    So over the last winter i did a few things:

Replaced racelands with some HSD dualtech.
    New hood and new m bumper and side skirts painted to match.
    Polished the lip of the rims and resprayed the face black.
    Converted to wheel studs and bought some fancy lug nuts
    Bought a LTW wing and painted it.
    Bought a fancywide diffuser

Now for some more pictures

GT Lip

10mm spacer in the front

Drove it like that to the end of the summer when i decided to do a "cheap" turbo build. Bottom mount GT35 on cast ebay mainfold. CX racing intercooler kit, custom hot side charge pipe and downpipe. New clutch to handle the HP. Tuned with miller war chip running 8 psi on pump gas. It was pretty much hacked together and i wasnt happy with it.

Intercooler mounted

Turbo

I had to run the charge pipe under the subframe so i had to raise the car ALOT :/

I was not happy with how hacked togheter the turbo build was and i wanted to make more power.
    So i decided to rebuild everything this winter and improve it.

Plans are:
    Rebuild the engine with new gaskets, coopering headgasket, ARP studs.
    Rear subframe/suspension overhaul with new bushings and paint everything.
    Clean up and repaint engine bay
    Remake the turbo setup, i have decided to go topmount instead.
    I also want to make some cosmetic changes, some new wheels and more

Teardown

Subframe out

Head off

Blocked painted

Oil pump nut drilled and loctited

an10 fitting welded in the timing cover for oil return

Engine bay is getting shaved and prepped for paint

Primer on, got some more sanding to do...
    Last edited by mackiiN; 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM.

Love it, but damn you guys and your left hand drive E36s and your extra clearance to run turbos lol
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Nice! You are doing the same engine setup I want for mine, will you use cxracing topmount manifold? I'd buy their kit but am not sure about quality.

Is the turbo return on the chain cover better than in the sump or is it just a matter of ease of install/space?

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
        Love it, but damn you guys and your left hand drive E36s and your extra clearance to run turbos lol
        Thank you hehe

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        Nice! You are doing the same engine setup I want for mine, will you use cxracing topmount manifold? I'd buy their kit but am not sure about quality.

Is the turbo return on the chain cover better than in the sump or is it just a matter of ease of install/space?
        Im considering trying the cx manifold but i havent decided yet.
        The reason i did the drain in the timing cover is because i think it will be easier running the return line

Comment

Working...
        X