• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*cough*wheeldude*cough*

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
      *cough*wheeldude*cough*
      exactly.

there area few BIG retailers out there that sell mostly knock off stuff. Its companies like them that are hurting my business. people at waterfest this year looked at me like i had a penis growing from my forehead when i told them how much my wheels were. my average convo was "$500 per wheel, no they arent reps, no they arent bbs." lol

its also tough for me to sell a set of PSS10 or a brand name set of coils when all kids want is a $500 set of FK. thats they way the "scene" is going. people dont respect quality products anymore. I usually dont get involved in these debates about real v fake. but this shit hurts my wallet first hand. your reps (wheels and everything) take food right from my mouth.
      Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I was there when one of those people asked him how much those wheels were, except the set he had asked about was 300/wheel, and kid turned around like Dave had insulted his mother.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

good job mackin. lots of companies preach the "stop the copy" slogan, but being willing to take a hit for the good of the industry is walking the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
            exactly.

there area few BIG retailers out there that sell mostly knock off stuff. Its companies like them that are hurting my business. people at waterfest this year looked at me like i had a penis growing from my forehead when i told them how much my wheels were. my average convo was "$500 per wheel, no they arent reps, no they arent bbs." lol

its also tough for me to sell a set of PSS10 or a brand name set of coils when all kids want is a $500 set of FK. thats they way the "scene" is going. people dont respect quality products anymore. I usually dont get involved in these debates about real v fake. but this shit hurts my wallet first hand. your reps (wheels and everything) take food right from my mouth.
            Thank you, Raceland.

Comment

exactly.

What company are you? I feel like it's been mentioned but I have no idea lol

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
              Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Hahaha, finally. Good job, Mackin/Rays
                Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                Originally posted by Jedidiah
                he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                  What company are you? I feel like it's been mentioned but I have no idea lol
                  North American Motorsports and we are the North American importers for Oettigner parts also

Comment

Ohhhhh, that's you?! I've ordered stuff from you guys before, great to know

I'm on your website too, I remember I got an email a while back about you guys using the pic and giving me a coupon. Never used it though as I haven't bought shit for my car in a long time lol

Last edited by aar0n.; 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                      Ohhhhh, that's you?! I've ordered stuff from you guys before, great to know
                      yep, thats me. and thanks!

Comment

this is good to know

Comment

That's not the point. The point is Mackin is standing up for themselves and as a business, that means you won't take any shit and back your products.
                          Originally posted by Jesus Christ
                          if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
                          Originally posted by Jedidiah
                          he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

are there really shops that sell both real and fakes? thats kinda weird

Comment

This was in July but I'll add it in here too.

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
                              Originally posted by Oxer
                              You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
                              Originally posted by Average_Jerk
                              Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

exactly.

I'm not going to get involved with the whole replica wheel debate because people get way to excited and because I respect what you are saying about your business to an extent but c'mon with the FK statement...You've gotta be shitting me.

FK is not raceland, ddm, or some other bull shit. Your talking about a company that has been around for almost 20 years, which is based out of germany, and which is documented as a successful and reputable company. They sell a quality product and if you are selling products to people whose sole purpose is to get low on coils and telling them that Bilsteins or KW are a better product then your lying to their faces. If your clients are buying coils for handling purposes or for strict track use then maybe but A) I doubt that most of them are B) FKs perform fine on the track too.

I've been doing this for a while and have owned/driven on H&R coilovers, Ground Control coilovers, pss9s, FKs, and now KW v3s. NONE rode as good as FKs did low and both my pss9s and V3s needed to be maxed out or be customized to even compare. I'd trade my v3s in a heart beat to be back on a set of FKs.

I don't mean to get worked up but i'm not gonna sit here and watch a good company get shit on along with the garbage ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X