No announcement yet.

Trying to adult! B8.5 Audi S5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a cool daily for sure it definitely needs the black trim pack, those silver accents stick out like a sore thumb IMO
    The plate frame would not be so off if you source a nice set of big jdm 3 piece wheels just because I love euro cars with jap styling LOL

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Not a ton to report other than getting a carbon duckbill spoiler and installing it back in January. Looking at a new set of wheels, like I said I really don't care for the RSE that much. Probably going to need 20s unless they're 19s with meaty tires.

I actually bought Airtekk struts for a great deal but due to other priorities I have them up for sale currently.

Here it is with the spoiler!!

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

That looks like such a cool daily, perfect height for those wheels
        grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

Little bit of an update. Have the forums been jacked up for anyone else? Glad they're back now.

Anyway, on 285 one day after I installed my RS5 grille, a piece of.... something? Debris? shattered the emblem section so the car looked stupid. I ended up finding an OEM gloss black optics grille for $100 and threw that in until I figure out what I want to do long-term. You'll notice the fog light trim is still silver. I sort of think it works with the DRL pattern in the headlights, and also with the new wheel color (more on that below).

Anyway, I've always kind of disliked dark colored wheels. I work in logistics/operations management for an auto parts company and we stock a Duplicolor kit in our warehouse that's intended to replicate hyper silver so I picked it up and gave it a try! I wouldn't call myself a talented painter, spray paint or otherwise, and powdercoating would have been better but it's tough to justify $400+ for wheels you don't like anyway. These RSEs will be my spares when I end up getting other, more interesting wheels. For $20 worth of paint and an afternoon of drinking beer and maybe 10% working they turned out nice and look a lot better.

Here's a few shots:

Finally took the car to Riverside Chattanooga this past weekend. We had a ton of fun and it was the first "show" for the new car! I haven't really done much sceneboi stuff in a few years so it was great to get out and see people I haven't seen in forever. Here is @Kenz bothering our buddy who is just trying to make his aftermovie in peace. He gave us his vlog camera to get some B roll footage so God knows what will end up on there.

I think I am almost low enough to where I could get away with 19s if I drop the front maybe 1/2". What do you guys think?

Comment

Wheel look so much better in that silver now. Are they 20s? I think the size is perfect, these cars need a bigger wheel. I wouldnt mess with the stance at all.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
              Wheel look so much better in that silver now. Are they 20s? I think the size is perfect, these cars need a bigger wheel. I wouldnt mess with the stance at all.
              Yeah, they are 20s. 20x10 et25 with M E A T Y 275/30 tires all around. The fenders aren't even rolled! It's insane that on my Mazda I had to pull the living shit out of the fenders to fit 225 width tires on a 10" wheel at a similar offset. Anyway... It's about time for a new set of tires so I'm thinking of stepping down to a 255 (closer to OEM diameter anyway) and spacing the wheels out 10mm or so. I am still looking for something more interesting wheel wise but I should be picking up my Avant soon so the S5 will go on the back burner unless I find an insane deal!

Comment

These cars are so beautiful. Don't get another RS5 grille, somehow the S5 grille looks much.... better?

Comment

Love the way theses look. Pulls off those rse pretty well ��
                  E34 build thread link
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...42#post1613542

Follow me on insta
                  e_dirty_4

Comment

Love the color change on the wheels, gives it a classier look!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                    "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                    SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

this thing is a beast, especially with the silver wheels. think i like the original grill more if im honest(never thought i would say that) keep it up, look sweet

Comment

Been on the RSE for a few months, never really liked them and wanted to get back to my roots with something a little more ignorant. Enter these. Waited about a month for them to arrive from Japan and be rebuilt.

Here they are in the back of the S6 on the way to get mounted. Very impressed the Avant can carry 4 20" wheels and 4 20" tires.

The wheels are 20" Weds Kranze Bazreia, 3.5" lips and 6.5" barrels. Chrome faces, polished lips, and redrilled to 5x112. The pics are pretty self explanatory, going to dial in the fitment with 5-10mm spacers and wind the front down a little lower but here's where we are at right now!!

Comment

Yes!

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Damn, so much better

Comment

I would've never thought that those wheels would suite the car so well. I dig!

Fitment looks pretty good as well

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                              "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                              SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
                                I would've never thought that those wheels would suite the car so well. I dig!

Fitment looks pretty good as well
                                +1 like the car/wheels combo

W201 LOW STATIC DAILY

Comment

Working...
                                X