Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 500hp Ugly Duckling Build! Audi A6 C5

Hi guys!

Let me introduce myself to you, my name is Rolf, owner of Mömus - #stuffforcarguys, a small shop in the heart of Luxembourg.
    We sell performance, premium and classic cars, as well as performance and upgrade parts.

To promote all this goodness, we are rescuing and building up this here ugly duckling: an Audi A6 C5 2.7 Biturbo.
    It has 330000 km, tons of vibrations, rear accident damage, and is in a general of disrepair.
    It is also in a very poor spec, with the sports steering wheel as the only noteworthy optional extra. At least the air con works a treat.

The plan for this is to upgrade its performance to be equal to an all time dream car of mine, the Audi C5 RS6.
    However, did I mention our Ugly Duckling is a 6 speed manual? A big benefit over the RS6 in my eyes.
    I want to keep the exterior and overall condition the same for as long as possible, and have it be a real sleeper.

Take a tour of our new project car in this little video that we made:

Last edited by Rolf@Mömus; 10-12-2018, 08:31 AM.

This has potential to get interesting.
    2 328i e36's
    Saabaru linear 2.5na
    Various projects.
    sigpic
    Intro;
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

What ever came of the E39?
      My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Hi Steven! The E39 was sold after I finished playing with it. For me a car is always most interesting, when it is still a project.

Comment

Loved watching your E39 build so i'm sure this one will be equally enjoyable!

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
          "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
          SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Thanks 19birel!

Comment

Had no clue those things could handle that much power

Comment

Apperantly this engine can withstand up to 500 crank horsepower, without difficulty. Upwards of that number it is wise to upgrade the rods, as they are the first to go!

Comment

The 2.7T can handle quite a bit, yes. For those who didn't know (or didn't watch the video) this is the exact same power plant as the B5 S4, just tuned a bit differently in the C5. Perfectly capable of 650whp+ depending on how far you want to go, and there are a few cars over 700whp. Mine is currently sitting at 518whp on a conservative tune for longevity's sake, daily driven for over 5 years. The same engine/configuration has previously made 597whp with room to go.

Rolf... I've seen your threads before. I know you guys at Mömus do good work, so feel free to ignore, but some advice from an Audi guy:

1) With 330,000km on the clock, I would suggest at least a refresh of the stock bottom end before going for 500hp.

2) The stock heads from the NA 2.8L 30v V6 will bolt right on and flow better than your stock 2.7T heads. They include a more aggressive intake cam as well. If the heads are coming off for any reason (like an engine refresh ), it's a cheap and easy upgrade.

3) Consider skipping the RS4 intercoolers. For similar money, there are aftermarket options that will be happier living at ~500hp pressures and IAT's.

4) Like all modified turbo engines, a catch can is a worthwhile addition. The PCV system on these specific engines really benefits from one.
                  '02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

Working...
                  X