Turbo E30, Azev Type A's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo E30, Azev Type A's

Hey guys got my hands on an E30 after lusting for one for years. Its a 1989 325i I bought from a good friend of mine who bought it and built it and lost interest in it as it was one of his many project cars. The mod list is fairly extensive (turbo, mspnp2, ground control coilovers, wasted spark, etc..) but still far from done. I plan to keep this car for quite some time and already started doing some work on it. Ive owned various other BMW's but nothing compares to the joy of driving this car.

Here are some of the previous cars I've had.

2011 135i (FBO, Airride, wheels) my early stancy days lol

2013 335i (FBO, coilovers, BBS RSII's) Had a lot of fun with this car although the slowest from the bunch it was probably my favorite.

2010 335i - I currently own this car as well upgraded turbo n54 with all supporting mods this car is a monster.

Onto the e30 the day I picked it up.

Got rid of the hideous oem wheel and replaced it with a wheel from Renown

Got rid of the amber up front, switched back to the chrome kidneys and installed euro headlight grills.

After a few weeks of owning it the turbo went out on me. I pulled out the old turbo to make way for the a pt5858. The oil feed line was way too long so re-made a new line to proper length. The oil drain line was fairly sloppy so I replaced with new fittings and line to replace that as well. While the turbo is out I replaced the spark plugs and wires and modied the oem wire braket to run them back to the coils. I also ordered a PTP lava turbo blanket and lava wrap for the downpipe to manage the heat under the hood.

Recently got a new set of wheels for the e30. I had been searching day in and day out for a proper set of wheels for the car wanted either futuras, Rs's, or Azevs type A's. Most wheels where 5x120 and didn't really want to do a 5lug swap and one lucky day I stumbled upon these on the UK Ebay. 17x9.5(f) and 17x10(r) in 4x100 I did not think twice about pulling the trigger. I had to add 15mm spacers to the front because the wheel was touching the coilover when I lowered it to the current height, and the rear still needs to come down about another half inch.

follow me on Instagram @add1ct
    pimpin aint easy, but its necessary

Always love e30s, and turbos
    Much preferred it on the 1552s tho, love Azev As but the polished lips always make them look cheap to me

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

So rad. Big fan of all your bimmers

Comment

Nah the Azevs look sick, love a turbo'd 30!

Comment

Damn, that looks like a lot of fun. Love it on the Azevs
          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Dang that's a lot of rear dish <3!!!! Great looking car man, really enjoyed the upgraded turbo posts, good reading
            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
              Always love e30s, and turbos
              Much preferred it on the 1552s tho, love Azev As but the polished lips always make them look cheap to me
              Same

But the rest of the car is very good!

Comment

Really liking new setup

Comment

The tidy up work goes a long way, was wondering the back story behind the car too. Once that rear sits a bit lower its going to look so damn good

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                  http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Top-notch stuff. Love seeing super clean, well done e30s.

I'm digging the Azevs, but the 1552s are quality too.

Can't really go wrong. Beautiful car.

Any plans to bring it up to Austin?

Comment

^this.
                      Usually not a fan of staggered lips but looks good here. Liked the 52's a bit more.
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Love this! Azevs look spot on, just like the Renown steering wheel.
                        SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

that turbo upgrade-refresh was such a pleasure to watch develop

Comment

Working...
                          X