• Show
Clear All

In for more

Comment

Never say no rush, people take that to heart

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Do I spy a PPS top engine mount bushing? I'd suggest throwing that out, it's only gonna rattle your fillings out lol. I'd go powerflex engine side and rubber firewall side, that'll keep the engine where it needs to be without being super annoying.

Aso, nice to see another Saaber here! Definately following this.
        SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
          Never say no rush, people take that to heart
          Def messed up there.... I’m just going to pop in weekly until it’s done. So much for finishing the engine build in October!

Originally posted by reiernumans View Post
          Do I spy a PPS top engine mount bushing? I'd suggest throwing that out, it's only gonna rattle your fillings out lol. I'd go powerflex engine side and rubber firewall side, that'll keep the engine where it needs to be without being super annoying.

Aso, nice to see another Saaber here! Definately following this.
          The only poly engine mounts, as far as I know, are made by TRUST (sas performance.) for now, I have the regular hardened rubber mounts! I now know PPS is usually a no-go, but I figure the upper bushing only really prevents forward to back Movemet, so it shouldn’t see as much abuse. If it is too harsh, I’ll go powerflex! But I already have it so I might as well....it’s easy enough to replace!
          2003 is300- bn style with flames and stuff
          2003 mk4 jetta- lifted- beater
          1997 SAAB 9000- current project
          2003 f359 7.3
          .... I guess I like the year 2003 lol

Comment

Fair enough. Friend of mine put them in his 9k a few weeks ago and it definately rattles the dash a little at idle, and that's a B204 with the balance shafts still in there. Curious to see how you'll end up liking them.

Most of the PPS stuff is fine, but their PU compound is somehwere in between the harshness of Powerflex purple and black. A bit too much for an engine mount (where Powerflex usually goes for their yellow compound which is even softer than their purple). Maybe it'll be fine with just the engine side PPS and the firewall side rubber, bit of mix and matching and you'll get to a setup you like.

Looking forward to seeing this thing come together, Saab on! (here's a pic of mine)
            SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

Working...
            X