Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grandmas Car - 1996 Cadillac Deville

meme_caddy_v2.0.jpg

^^ a photoshop of ideally what i want the car to look like. the actual car is more of a creme color with a brown roof, but i decided to keep the original fabric and body color as i dont want to veer to far from the heart of the car as it were.

so, my grandmother passed away this april, and her and my grandfather had a 1996 cadillac deville. It was their sunday cruiser type car and i have a lot of happy memories spending time with them in it. lots of lemon drops were given to me on the way to the movies in that car. It was left to me when my grandmother passed away. I plan on giving the car a once over in terms of fixing some of the trim that has deteriorated over the years, the plastic painted chrome trim needs replacing, and i plan to put the car on air ride with some classic wheels & white walls, improve the sound system with a complete speaker & headunit replacement and get a wooden plaque made on the inside of the trunk in memory of them.

Current Proposed Main Part List -

Air Lift 3P Management (Plans to 3D print a mount for the controller on the dash, or hidden within the dash.)
    Air Lift Pancake Tank (hidden in the trunk)
    Air House 2
    Air Aero Power Sport
    a plethora of air fittings to make the system work.

the plan is to run the bags on stock struts because well...they are original, so they probably need replacing, so i can determine if i need custom struts after running the bags on stock struts. the plan if the drop is good, is to go with an Air Ditcher strut set. I dont really plan on driving the car in a lowered out state as I live in NH, and this car is a boat, so im not concerned with damaging the struts due to travel while lowered. it will pretty much ride at 90-100% height and then just lay out when parked.

Alpine iLX-207
    JBL GTR-1001
    Alpine S-W12D2
    Rockford Fosgate R1525X2
    Rockford Fosgate R1T-S
    Amp Wiring Harness
    Rockford Fosgate R169X2

so i havent taken a look at the trunk but the goal is to keep as much space as possible by hiding the tank under the floor along with all the management and compressor. i also will be building an MDF box to use as little space possible in the trunk. ideally everything should look OEM+

Wheel Vintiques Grey Smoothies & White Walls are the plans for wheels. thinking 16x7ish, but i need to go to willtheyfit or something and figure out how the offset and everything will work.
    Last edited by ryanjblajda; 09-17-2018, 11:43 AM.

1996 Cadillac Deville Build Thread

Lancer Build Thread

Elantra Build Thread [car is no more ]

In for this, my condolences

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Cool idea for sure. I predict sectioned struts and 16x8 front, 16x10 rears if you want it to really look awesome, though.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

If you swap to a 00+ Bonneville front knuckle you can run GXP/F-body/etc. brakes, Grand Prix AGXs or GP Bilsteins. The lower strut bolt and caliper spacing for the 00+ knuckle allows you to do this. Your current setup is the older spacing that was common in the early 90s. Also the Bonneville knuckle should have the tie rod location in the same spot. the W-body (GP/Regal/etc.) has the tie rod closer to the hub.

95 Bonneville SLE... Too much done to it..
        98 Infiniti vq35'd i30: 13.3@104mph, 30MPG Hwy
        07 Infiniti G35s 6MT
        07 Ducati Monster S2R 800 with DS1000 swap
        05 Suzuki DRZ400S
        72 Yamaha DS7: '74 RD250 swap, JL chambers
        83 Yamaha IT175

Comment

Originally posted by 95naSTA View Post
          If you swap to a 00+ Bonneville front knuckle you can run GXP/F-body/etc. brakes, Grand Prix AGXs or GP Bilsteins. The lower strut bolt and caliper spacing for the 00+ knuckle allows you to do this. Your current setup is the older spacing that was common in the early 90s. Also the Bonneville knuckle should have the tie rod location in the same spot. the W-body (GP/Regal/etc.) has the tie rod closer to the hub.
          interesting. that would definitely open up my strut options and make the ride better.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
            Cool idea for sure. I predict sectioned struts and 16x8 front, 16x10 rears if you want it to really look awesome, though.
            yeah i havent really looked into the current offset & size specs, to see what would fit, but i know the smoothies are the right bolt pattern. but if i do the bonneville swap that 95naSTA mentioned that might change things.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
              In for this, my condolences
              thanks. my grandma rode in the elantra i had a few times and found it quite hilarious, so i think this will be a cool way to remember her and my grandfather.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Sorry that you lost your Grams. Like the ideas you have with this ride!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronal Wheel Accessories View Post
                  Sorry that you lost your Grams. Like the ideas you have with this ride!
                  thanks! i am really excited to start work on it, but for right now the first things to do is to replace the trim and get the exterior in tip-top shape, then start working on air ride part acquisition.

Lancer Build Thread

Comment

Working...
                  X