S10 Budget Air-Ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S10 Budget Air-Ride

Hello Stanceworks! This will be my first thread on here, I've been lurking and watching builds on here for quite sometime, but finally figured I'd make an account, anyways, enough chat, story time.

My Dad built many minitrucks in the '90s and '00s, he even built the Cover truck for the April '02 issue of Minitruckin'. So I think you guys know where this will go. He himself had a Regular Cab S10, which was laid out on 18s, and the vehicle he met my mother in, so I just had to get an S10.

But here's the problem. I'm still in high school and work, but barely make anything due to poor scheduling, so I do not have pockets filled with gold. But, there are ways to do things right without spending a small fortune. That is how this truck will be done.

Bought this '93 S10 with Bags, 4-Link, and various other air ride related parts for cheap. Cannibalized it for the air ride, and will put all the stock parts I pull off the other truck, and slap on this thing and boot it.

And here's the majority of the rear Air Ride parts. The Bolt-In 4 link is very nice, and very expensive new. It will get new bags, and fittings, along with being sanded down and painted with some rust-prohibiting paint.

Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Yassss minitrucks for the win

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
      Yassss minitrucks for the win
      I love minitrucks.

Here's the truck everything will be going on, debating keeping the Indigo Blue or getting it wrapped.

Will be doing a crap ton of work on it tonight, maybe some tomorrow. Got a local cruise to attend tomorrow with my cousin who owns a Foxbody 'Stang. I Will take pics of tonight's work though.
      Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Lemme just slide this in here before the pictures of the work. I found out today it's a 3-door truck, and has this awesome-yet-tiny jumpseat in the back. Looks like the only person it would fit is Mini Me.

Pics from tonight's work, got the bed off, shocks and bumper off, and got ready to bolt in the new 4 link.

On the front, got the crappy shocks removed, springs, spindles, and rotors out, and am waiting on front bag mounts to get everything mounted.

Here's some more general pictures, one of the engine bay, with the stock 2.2 I4. (may put a small block in it) And just one of the truck as is. Another of the stock 15's, which will definitely not be going back on. It'll get eitheir 20's or 22's.

Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Cool, nice to see an S10 getting done properly.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Well, after a small (or large, depending on how you view it) while of not posting, I'm back. With mediocre progress. Most of the working on cars I've been doing has been on my mother's 53 Chevy 210, which is now bagged. Here's a picture of it.

Also, Sold the square body. Buh-bye POS. Hello moolah.

Front bag mounts finally came in. So now I could start mocking up the truck. But I needed ooooone more thing...

...and that of course is a set of craigslist 20 inch wheels.

*note: the wheels will tuck even more than this, still have a good inch and a half to two inches of drop.

And here's a pic of the old Flowmaster 40 we had taken off the Square body to put on this thing. Will get dumped before the axle, possibly tucked side exit one day.

And that's where this update ends. Work is scheduling me minimum hours so funds have gotten even more tight. Will do what I can with what I have though. Thanks folks.
            Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Not much update wise, currently only working anywhere from 4 to 7 hours a week, looking into a new job so this project can keep going.
              Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Still working on this Puppy. Now working 23+ hours a week, and with school and work, I just dont have time for it currently. I'm hoping to have it done by the spring.

The next stage is mainly cutting and welding. Instead of buying a notch for $150+, I bought some 2x3 steel for $28 bucks from the local cut off place. Will work on getting that built, then it's on to hacking out the spring cups.
                Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Finally got some more progress. Working on building the notch currently. Some 2x3 from the local metal cut-offs/scrap place that cost me $30. Still not that good at welding, but it'll work.

IMG_20181201_172759_366.jpg

20181201_173747.jpg

20181201_101423.jpg

So that's done. Currently an 11" notch. Not sure how much I'll end up needing. But I'd rather have too much than too litte.

And here's an image off google of what I'd like to end up doing. All except for my plate would be straight. Roll pan, Caddy tail lights, IMO with my wheels done silver, it should be mad.

8073660113_large.jpg
                  Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

LOL at the welds on that exhaust. Good Lord.

Comment

Yeah. They're terrible. Looks like Mud Wasps fused the tubing together. I'm gonna end up hacking it off before the welds so I can have something decent to work with.
                      Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Yeah. They're terrible. Looks like Mud Wasps fused the tubing together. I'm gonna end up hacking it off before the welds so I can have something decent to work with.
                        Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Got the frame cut apart and the Notches welded in. Having Difficulties uploading and inserting the pictures, so I'll do that when I'm not as busy.
                          Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Eyyyy.

Looks good so far, good luck! Not gonna lie, the sad eye S10 is definitely the ugliest front end for such a cool minitruck. Can't wait to see what happens.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Sooo, Since I haven't been motivated/been too lazy/not have enough money to work on my Sonoma. I figured I'd give my Daily a quick detail to spruce the old girl up.

2008 Hummer H3
                              Volant Intake
                              Gibson Exhaust
                              BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/As
                              Has Monsoon Stereo system with a 8" sub
                              3.7l I5, putting out 242hp, 242ftlb
                              Also has lockable diffs.
                              131,xxx miles

It gets me around good. I love driving it. I don't have to worry about getting stuck anywhere.

IMG_20190413_193546_110.jpg
                              Tuckin' and Minitruckin'

Comment

Working...
                              X