• 1988 FC3S - No its not rotary, sorry, but also not V8

WARNING: VERY IMAGE HEAVY THREAD.

Previous Car

Current Picture

EXTERIOR:
    8/5/2018
    -Shine Auto 30mm Rearovers
    -Stock Front Fenders
    -Kit has not been ordered yet, but have plans.

7/22/2018
    -BN Style Kit
    -Extreme Dimensions Front/Rear 100mm Fenders
    -Re-Amemiya Mirrors
    -Chrome Tint

INTERIOR:
    Came gutted, Currently putting a full Grey interior back in
    -RCI Aluminum Driver
    -Corbeau Forza Sport Passeneger
    -Villians Hydro
    -Custom Gauges/Cluster
    -NRG Hub + Quick Release
    -Reknown Steering wheel

ENGINE:
    JZX110 1JZ VVTI
    -ebay intercooler
    -3in Vband front stock turbo elbow
    -1UZ MAF
    -IS300 Ignitor

BRAKES / SUSPENSION:
    Tien Coilovers
    Villians Dual Rear Brake Setup
    Turbo II Diff
    PBM Camber Arm
    Villians Extended balljoints
    S14 Outer Tierod
    Grand Caravan Inner Tierod
    Cut knuckles

WHEELS:
    10/25/2018
    - Blitz 03
    17x9 +38 (running +15 spacer)
    Borrowed 18in Blitz 03 for spares
    18x11.5 +15 and 10.5 +0

8/5/2018
    -(PENDING SALE) BIM ZEIT
    17x9.5 +23

7/22/2018
    -(SOLD) SSR Vienna Courage
    18x9.5 +18 (Add. 1.5in Spacer)
    18x10.5 +17 (Add. 2in Spacer)

SPARES
    -(SOLD) MB Battles
    18x9.5 +15
    -(SOLD) Varrestoen ES2
    18x10.5 +30
    Last edited by ztfoss; 10-30-2018, 07:46 PM.
    respect all enthusiasts

So after I feel out of love my Miata and began parting it out I started hunting a stock body FC. After multiple fails and wastes of time from craigslist users claiming clean quarter panels I kinda of gave up. I was headed home from a car that the lower rear section was crunched in I got tagged by 5 friends in a photo on instagram within 20 mins... The car was located in no-wheres-ville, PA and I had my buddy Jordan go look at it for me since he lived alot closer and these were the pictures I received.

I wasnt keen on the wideness of it as i really wanted to go 17s and a GP sport or Sexy style kit.... but the price was right and the owner truly seemed to just not care to figure out why it randomly stopped running since it was a backup car for him. So me and buddy loaded up the trailer and sent it about 7 hours to PA from his house in MA.

OHH YEAH, IT WAS DECEMBER 7TH SO THAT SHIT HAD A RANDOM SNOW STORM ON THE WAY HOME. SO IT TOOK OVER 10 HOURS TO GET HOME, AND WE TOSSED IT ON THE LAWN FOR A LITTLE BIT.

It sat until I finally got time to run back to my parents and bring it out to my shop I was renting out in Weymouth Mass.

Two hours into it being dropped off at my shop we dug into it and found out that it was just the Main engine fuse was blown.... Started the car drove it to the parking lot, pulled it inside and pulled the motor/tranny out to sell to my friend Steve( @__tevefti )
    185 likes, 23 comments - ztfoss on December 18, 2017: "So this is a thing! @__tevefti"

And now that yall have clicked off the thread because I pulled the rotary....
    I decided to go 1JZ VVTI followed by a W58 becasue I got it for a score and a half with the bellhousing, flywheel, and clutch setup.

I got the motor as an auto setup and front sump, picked upa a cheap SC300 2JZ just for the pan and swapped that out cause it was a direct easy swap.

I picked up Excessive Man. motor mounts and a custom made tranny mount and tossed the motor in the car, seriously, tossed it in. was so easy to fit it almost was a joke. The only issue I ran into was the heater core hoses got in the way, so pulled them and the dash to remove all of the HVAC system, yes I think i regret it but was easy for me at the time to get the car done.

BUT the motor sat pretty damn tall and i was trying my best to avoid the subframe drop kit that they sell to make it clear better to try and keep more stock geometry

Moved three doors down to a shop with some more friends and power housed the little stuff.
    pieced the intercooler piping together with two other friends ebay kits lol.

May was the first drive, instantly tried to do a burnout where I had to chase down wiring issue for another couple weeks trying to figure out a breaking up issue. Ended up being the 'timing retard' wire I had accidently wired to a constant power instead of on the momentary switch....idiot.

Brought it into work, painted it.

Attempted a drift event, was over boosting and breaking up randomly. Found out a knock sensor wire had ripped and was a simple fix.
    respect all enthusiasts

Comment

Pictures from event.

Then decided the car was good enough to make a 10 hour journey to Virginia for an event called Team Vibes. Slapped the team livery on and shredded all weekend. Was my favorite event and had so much seat time. Car did beyond my expectations but i realized I need to fix some things in my cooling system and alignments. Toe arms and camber links are next on the list at that point. Oh and a blown turbo. but thats an easy fix and its just a stock CT15

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ezCWkvS.jpg[img]

Battled a broken trailer on the ride home, 10 hour ride now took 30+ hours, a harbor freight stick welder and a hotel room to fix a crack in the two car trailer that we had borrowed and a red roof in parking lot later.... We got back. Drove it down my parents road, and ripped it apart. Got rid of my shop out here in boston for the winter to save some money to potentially buy a house next year. So parked it in our spare trailer and started tear down to make the car something ill actually enjoy calling mine since I wanted a stock body car to begin with haha.

A friend offered me a great deal to trade for some Shine Auto 30mm rears (best I could get besides a quarter panel replacement ause of how much was cut out from the PO), Stock fenders and some cash for a new kit.

and I sold my SSR for a good amount of money and some 17in battles... sold the battles and bought some BIM ZEIT in 17x9.5 +23 to refinish silver with correct center caps.

Next im looking to order my kit and what not to finish up the new look once I come back from japan. Im going for two weeks in september and hanging out with a couple friends and my Broker over there to do some business things. (@garage.attack)
      respect all enthusiasts

Comment

This is awesome, the head on pic with your arm out the window is so cool
        My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

huehuehue i thought your last thread was cool

cant wait to see what you do with it. love the swap.

Comment

I will be watching this one for sure
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Sub'd for quality tandem shots. This thing is nasty in the best possible way. Have to ask, not a purist but curious why you didn't just build the rotary?
              2 328i e36's
              Saabaru linear 2.5na
              Various projects.
              sigpic
              Intro;
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Subbed for some sweet fc skids! Garage attack hooked it up for my cerbs
                99 GS 400
                85' 190d
                99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
                97' q45 (rip)
                ig: erik.docx

Comment

damn always had a soft spot for FC´s.

really like that you´re going back to stock-ish body

Comment

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                    Sub'd for quality tandem shots. This thing is nasty in the best possible way. Have to ask, not a purist but curious why you didn't just build the rotary?
                    Honestly I still am new to modifying cars the way I do and I know that the 1JZ is known for being a super reliable motor and sounds amazing, while the rotary is extremely finiky and expensive to rebuild. Im into this car less than what I parted my miata out, so financially 1J was my best choice.

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                    damn always had a soft spot for FC´s.

really like that you´re going back to stock-ish body

Thanks! eventually Ill reshell or ill just leave the 30mm overs on or if its really worth ill panel swap but being able to replace the fiberglass will be nice.
                    respect all enthusiasts

Comment

this epic! subbed

Comment

this thread sucks

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

henlo
                          1999 BMW M3
                          2002 Lexus IS300
                          2016 VW GTI
                          Wrong Fitment Crew #391

Comment

Japan was AMAZING. Heres just one photo from the day we traveled to Nagano to load our Garage Attack Container, what an amazing experience.

Motivation was an all time high when I got back, Ended up swapping my bad turbo for another just stock turbo i picked up and tried rattle canning the overs and seeing how that would look. I dont particularly like the finish or shade of white, but if its atleast one tone of white i wont be so embarrassed when I try to drive one more event before winter. I grabbed a 'GP Sports' kit and had a leftover bumper from a mistake order on ebay I tossed on until I can afford the one I truly want. I also finally had my turbo elbow off so I can show people what I mean when I said we literally welded a vband into the elbow... If you pop out the inner ring that restricts the factory flow, then a 3in vband fits perfectly in.

respect all enthusiasts

Comment

awesome, love seeing updates on this thing

Comment

Working...
                              X