Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e36 fender rolling paint chipping

Hello all,

Decided to roll/pull my fenders and as with most 25 year old cars, and my dumb dumbness, the paint started to chip and flake off around the fender. Quite badly I might add. I used a hair dryer instead of heat gun (big no no) but oh well we are beyond that now. Does anyone have any advice on how to clean them up? I've read that you should sand them back to remove the flaking paint and re-prime and re-paint. Does this sound like I'm going in the right direction or should I try something different. Any advice would be nice .

Thanks all

Haha yeah, man. Gotta sand it all down and reprimer/paint. Use a heat gun next time to prevent the cracking in the first place.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
      Haha yeah, man. Gotta sand it all down and reprimer/paint. Use a heat gun next time to prevent the cracking in the first place.

I figured, thanks man. Do you know if after I paint I’ll be able to pull them more if needed, assuming I heat the paint properly next time?

Comment

Get it all finalized before you paint.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
          Get it all finalized before you paint.
          Dagger, already fixed the paint last night. Oh well, I’ll just add camber from here. Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X