No announcement yet.

E36 323ti "The trunkabled E36"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been loving compacts lately, wish we could've gotten the 323ti here in the US

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Update Time:

drove the 323 all winter. went "street" drifting in the black forest a fair bit. bought an cheap SE Bumper some time ago since i didn´t wanna smash up my M Front. so it looked like this for most of the Fall/Winter/Spring:

had a ridiculously good time till like 3 Weeks ago where the fucking thing blew its engine (i guess) just after getting new tires. It was overheating and there was coolant leaking from the back of the engine. Since M52s are well known for cracking heads and this was sitting as 200k miles I decided to remove everything thats valuable to me, sell it on and start looking at E46s as a fun-ish beater car.
      Sold it for not much less than what i bought it for wich is quite good considering it was perfectly running when i bought it and barely running when i sold it.

I called quits on E36s.

for 2 Weeks.
      then bought this:

the by far rustiest E36 that has ever been in my possesion (and there have been quite a few so far)
      I got exactly what I wanted before I bought the 323. An base spec (wich turned out to be not so basic) 318ti with a year TÜV left and an healthy sounding engine.
      When I was looking at the Ad I really did think it was basic. but there are quite a few cool bits on it. Individual "Königsblau" Sportseats, a 25% locked diff, CD Changer and so on. I´ll remove as many parts to sell seperatly as possible (the Diff should be worth around the same I paid for the car and I´ll put in a welded diff anyways.
      Its not running properly at the moment but i´m in the process of sorting that out. already put some of my Wheels, my Seat and my Steering Wheel in and stripped the back.

That´s it so far with this car. There won´t be any fast moves because i´ll make my way to america for finalbout in 10 days and work is really stressing me out lately.

Comment

Hello People of Stanceworks (if there are any left)

alot happened since May...lowered the Compact, sold the 25% Diff for the same price I bought the Car, crashed it, got annoyed with the shit-ness. A good friend was looking for a winter car so I sold it to him for the amount of parts I put into it.

again called quits with BMWs and Winter Cars in general....for 2 Weeks.

Bought a W208 CLK230K Mercedes for a fair price (too much)...its rusty and the heater core is broken. some "wiring specialst" wired the heater to the cigarette lighter so it works from time to time but the inside of the windscreen keeps freezing

realized I could run my Skyline Wheels on the CLK with Wobble Bolts so did that an bought coilovers. Works alright for me.
        To be the perfect "Winter Beater" it would need a steering wheel, my Seat and a welded Diff but somehow I don´t want to lose the comfort, this Car has to offer.

Here´s a Picture:

Comment

I wish we'd got the 323TI in the UK, the highest model we got was the 318 IS, epic cars
          Bagged 2002 Lupo SE Project (Dead)
          1999 Polo 6N 1.4 CL Daily project

Instagram: @lewdeak

Comment

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
            I wish we'd got the 323TI in the UK, the highest model we got was the 318 IS, epic cars
            loved my 323. Awesome Cars.

Crashed the Mercedes, drove it up a curb at 30-ish mph, fixed it, started to act up engine wise so sold it.
            Best worst Car i´ve owned. They´re cool-ish cars but they are hard to work on, break easy and are so so complicated.

Here´s the last pictures i´ve taken of it:

After being done with BMWs in November I realised i´m definately not done with BMWs
            Either getting another E46 Facelift or another 323ti next.
            Last edited by MadMax; 02-06-2020, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaky97 View Post
              Or even a 318ti ;-)
              My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

it me, again.

after stating i´ll either get a 323ti or an E46 again, i did the most reasonable thing and bought not one but TWO 318tis. That is completely reasonable because 2x4 Cylinders is 8 so I basically had a V8. Sold one of the tis again, so i´m back down to 4 Cylinders.

First bought this multicolored mess with 2 years of technical inspection for the pricey sum of 750€. It had like 5 Exterior and 6 interior Color, but it also had so polybushings, a short shifter, an eprom chip and maybe even cams. (not to sure about the cams as it idle´s pretty close to stock)

also bought back the 318ti I had last year, the technical inspection ran out and it was looking worse for wear. bought it for the interior, coils, wheels , diff and a few little parts here and there

used the extra time i got from the current situation to build a cool lil´car, that now looks like this:

it´s already covered in dust again, and i half polished one of the front wheels but it´ll get there in time for Fall.

In other News: some old women crashed into my skyline, little damage but i´ll use the money I get from insurance towards a respray and new Coils for that car.

Edit: for gods sake can´t figure out how to resize those pictures. please send help.

Comment

Working...
                X