Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 323ti "The trunkabled E36"

Hello People of Stanceworks,

small Background story: Iīm Max, iīm 23 and Iīve always been around cars. I had a cool E46 once and I own a R32 Skyline. I had some Threads on here wich I update very irregular.
    So back to the Start: When I was 18 I bought and E46 330d wich went from this:

to this:

to this:

and came to an end right there:

Long story short it was my pride and joy for 6 years and I loved it dearly until it decided to fall apart more and more and in the end my stupid ass crashed it.

While I had the E46 I also had 2 E36īs
    one went from this weird multi color mess:

to this

and then got sold due to being a shitheap

the other one looked like this before I sold it due to being another shitheap:

After both being proper shit and also proper slow I said to myself that I wonīt buy anymore E36s since the price for those cars in raising in Germany and I wonīt pay premium for shit (I got both proper cheap and didnīt lose much money but still)

In the beginning of 2018 I changed my Job (from working at BMW to working at the german branch of Copart) and moved back home to my parents wich led to me making more moneysssss and not having to pay rent anymore
    So with this newly found wealth and my E46 crashed I wanted another fun car since my daily Volvo is a great Car but just not fun to drive around in. Picture of said Volvo:

I looked at MX5s, SXE10s, E46s and so on but I couldnīt find anything I felt at home in
    I just told you about raising E36 prices in Germany but one Bodystyle was always excluded from the: THE FUCKING COMPACT
    So I had my heart set on an 318ti to start drifting because theyīre cheap to run, good on fuel and I liked the idea of violent N/A driving.
    Looked at quite a few of those but all withing my Budget (I set my budget to 1000€ for the base car) were either rusted, "Driftmissleīd up" or straight up shit.
    Then on Saturday I found an 323ti online. I didnīt want another 6 Cylinder and it was above my Budget but I went and looked at it anyways.
    Turns out itīs actually very clean for being close to 200000 Miles and everything (except the aircon) works. Haggled the price a bit and went home with this:

already did the first mods: removing the shitload of ebay Stickers on the back, and fitted my Stud Kit. I also test fitted some wheels I had laying around but with them being made for the E34 and this car clearly not being an E34 the didnīt fit without fenderwork. So I removed them again.
    The Car has 4 big problems. #1 The Driveshaft Mount is fucked #2 the front Brakes are proper fucked and the wheels is wobbling like crazy when braking #3 the Exhaust is a mess made from different diameter Pipe #4 the AC isnīt working

Goals for this Car would be: Low, Bucket Seat, welded Diff, maybe some lock and Iīd like to go with R32 GTR Wheels but theyīre hard to come by nowadays.

Speaking of R32s hereīs a pic of my other Car I seem to have a weird attraction to black 90īs Cars without working AC

and the parts pile ready to be fitted:

So this is my entire Car life summed up in one way to long Thread about a shitty Compact in a pretty much dead Forum!
    I hope you enjoyed it. I did.
    Last edited by MadMax; 06-26-2018, 02:39 AM.

Forums ain't dead bro!

I remember your previous beemers from when I still was a lurker without an account on here, loved the three spokes.
    It is pretty weird for me to see a 323ti, as much as I don't like the compact it is über rare here in Italy, I don't even know if it was ever sold as I've never seen one that wasn't a 316 or 318

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
      Forums ain't dead bro!

I remember your previous beemers from when I still was a lurker without an account on here, loved the three spokes.
      It is pretty weird for me to see a 323ti, as much as I don't like the compact it is über rare here in Italy, I don't even know if it was ever sold as I've never seen one that wasn't a 316 or 318

Thanks dude!
      Forums arenīt that dead...but my Threads always seem to be

The 3 Spokes were such fun...the Car was scraping along the floor basically everywhere but I had the best time

I didnīt like Compacts either but somehow the M-Sport Compacts grew on me big time

Comment

Small Update on this:

Fitted the front Coilovers. Its getting some Camber Plates so iīll leave lowering till after that.
        With the Coils fitted the front wheels were sitting on the damper so I had to borrow some steel wheels

true drift style,bro

also put in my Recaro

and picked up some 16īs for this. Not excatly sure what they are but they look kinda cool and small-ish black wheels remind me of 90īs AE86 Drift Cars

also picked up a welded Diff from an 318ti, still need the Axles and the rear of the Propshaft. Will see how itīs holding up being made for a Car with half the Tourqe

Iīm sorry for the pictures but iīm a proper retard with a camera.
        Last edited by MadMax; 07-09-2018, 12:23 AM.

Comment

another Update:

bought more wheels since they were cheap and i passed by them when in returned from Holidays.
          Theyīre Fondmetal 4000 in 8,5x16 Et10. Tires are 205/45
          Thought that kinda wheel was a no go.

apparently its not. They fit absolutely spot on

also fitted my Camber Plates and the Diff.
          Just need to fit my lock spacers and get an alignment then its ready for fun.

iīm also trying to get some atleast somewhat better pictures.

Comment

Love 16's on this body style e36, just fit so well. Cant wait to see more pics!
            grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

I think they are a bit on the tiny side but they surely allow for some extreme lows

Comment

thanks guys!

Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
                Love 16's on this body style e36, just fit so well. Cant wait to see more pics!
                I always thought you need 17s to make an E36 proper but on a Compact 16īs work soooooooooo well.

I think they are a bit on the tiny side but they surely allow for some extreme lows
                yeah they are definately on the tiny side. but thats the look i wanted to go for. and it gives me a little retro vibe.

more Pictures:

some fitment pics

meeeeeega dish

jk u know.

could go a little lower in the front but for what I want to do with the car a little useablity should remain.

Comment

I will go off topic. Try doing something to V60, wheels are nice, just some coils and it would look so good

Comment

You want to dial that rear camber out if you need to drift this 0 or a bit positive camber is what you want for sideways action and to kill less tyres

Comment

still want one of these

Comment

Not trying to thread Jack and not a compact obviously but if you're gonna slide this pig buy 15's, they will hug the fender well and allow you to go stupid low ams still drift, plus tires are crazy cheap. Not that that's what you're up to, I'm just saying. Extreme offset makes pretty cheap 15x8's. I have 15x10's for reference. Won't let me post attachments here so here's a link.
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

thanks for the feedback guys!

Originally posted by whiteghost View Post
                          I will go off topic. Try doing something to V60, wheels are nice, just some coils and it would look so good
                          Iīd like to but iīd go with bags and some 19s. Future plans tho.

You want to dial that rear camber out if you need to drift this 0 or a bit positive camber is what you want for sideways action and to kill less tyres
                          the wheels wouldnīt fit without the camber.
                          and adjusting camber is pretty hard on a ti

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                          still want one of these
                          still want an FC.

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                          Not trying to thread Jack and not a compact obviously but if you're gonna slide this pig buy 15's, they will hug the fender well and allow you to go stupid low ams still drift, plus tires are crazy cheap. Not that that's what you're up to, I'm just saying. Extreme offset makes pretty cheap 15x8's. I have 15x10's for reference. Won't let me post attachments here so here's a link.
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...37#post1597337
                          iīm not too fond on 15s...and extreme Offsets are hard to come by on this side of the pond.
                          Most of the tires i get are used already so that isnīt too bad

Will fit some rack spacers and alignment next. then iīll get it registered
                          Last edited by MadMax; 08-06-2018, 04:02 PM.

Comment

I bought speedway circle track wheels very cheap, only downside is that they are rather heavy. Would be a good option just for the track though, I suppose, and for $200 American for a full set, might be worth looking into. Not really familiar with what's available overseas, sorry man.
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                              I bought speedway circle track wheels very cheap, only downside is that they are rather heavy. Would be a good option just for the track though, I suppose, and for $200 American for a full set, might be worth looking into. Not really familiar with what's available overseas, sorry man.
                              was looking at 15 inch Wheels but then realised some previous owner fitted bigger Brakes and 15s wont fit over.

but bought some different 16s...because Iīm a retard and my "winter wheels" turned into my summer wheels and I needed new winter wheels...wich I then mounted summertires on again. But I do have fitting Winter Tires so iīm close.
                              Theyīre some kind of Exip Mesh wheel that usually have a center cap...but mine donīt. Here are some Pics:

I really really like the look of those but need some spacers in the back. The fronts already have a 20mm spacer on.

Will definately try to get some better Pictures soon as imgur seems to kill the quality of the Pictures.

Comment

Working...
                              X