My $300 E46 sedan save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My $300 E46 sedan save

Hey guys, new to the stanceworks forum but not so new to car stuff. I’m going to just jump right in. I wanted a place to be able to keep some progress of my e46 sedan and to be able to show some of the upcoming products myself and my friend Matt are going to be making for them. We had the opportunity to purchase a set of e46 sedan overfender molds from Jesse Remkes over in New Zealand. If you guys don’t know who he is this is his car with the kit on it that we have now

photo 5B6F9599-6F94-4DB3-90F1-E5F129896EAF_zpsws78i8gx.jpg

So after receiving the molds back in February, we were left with a dilemma. Matt has a LCI sedan but the fenders for this only fit pre LCI. In comes my car.

photo 17AE5222-51BD-4A01-A418-5352A094C62A_zpsjsbsbmgj.jpg

photo DCA03563-115C-4AE0-A245-8E6D5BD2287C_zpse4ygfasr.jpg

photo 6EFE0060-8785-454E-8701-E75066FB6584_zpsoiwokjmw.jpg

I picked up this 01 automatic 325 for $300 from our co-worker who happened to have it sitting in his backyard. It did need some tlc and it still does but it was the right price for a car destined to get chopped up. It was kind of running when I got it. The car needed a good go over and I’ve been picking away at it slowly. Since I’ve picked it up I’ve replaced the power steering pump, done the oil stand gasket, new power steering lines, new kidney grills, new corner lights, m3 tail lights, fixed the tail light ground issue, m3 front bumper, fixed my sunroof drains and installed some k sport coil overs. Now because of my sunroof drain popping off, it has destroyed the carpet in the car. I’ve picked up a black dash to flock and black carpet to swap over and get rid of the dingy stuff in there now.

Now onto some of the fun stuff! Making these parts has been a challenge in itself. We had some issues with products when we first tried making them, and having very little experience didn’t help either. Fiberglass guys also didn’t want to give us too much knowledge and we’ve finally figured out how to get good quality products that stand up to some beating. My kit is completely done now and I’ve started making the plugs for the facelift molds. Yes we will have LCI and pre LCI fronts available.

photo AB009458-74B9-4ED1-9BED-34CDB7CEF588_zpshfkuyg2a.jpg

photo 2234FE6C-02AF-4D86-B7AE-23F9C7AA3C4A_zpst2snpddp.jpg

photo 32AAA28D-C631-4372-B0BD-09DA25FDFCC1_zpsqfzjnsna.jpg

photo 3D066CF5-D759-4CD1-9510-6F9AC1A12D32_zpsithmhm0r.jpg

photo 41B98EB8-3A3E-4A07-94F8-2981C6009F32_zpssppxdkr2.jpg

There’s a little photo dump of just about where I’m at now with the car. I’m going to try and get the rest of the kit prepped and painted within the next week or two, get the dash flocked and in, the carpet swapped over and the whole car lowered a little more (I just threw the coils in and didn’t adjust anything yet). There’s still a little bit of maintenance to do on it, control arm
    Bushings, brakes and sway links and hopefully I’ll be able to throw some wheels on it and cruise around for a little and try to break these kits! Stay tuned for some more updates soon

Ryan.

Crazy wide. Got any performance plans?

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
      Crazy wide. Got any performance plans?
      Boost is in the plans! Just need to get it going as a car first

Comment

Woww it looks cool. You are so good in design.
        Riding in the the sunset - Being in the party pixel gun 3d

Comment

What are the specs on the wheels needed to fill those flares?

Comment

Looking good so far.

Comment

Looking good. I will have a try. I just checked the Blitzify app for auto repair estimates. It works pretty well.
              Blitzify the best auto repair estimator app

Comment

Originally posted by Bvrnbridges View Post
                Hey guys, new to the stanceworks forum but not so new to car stuff. I’m going to just jump right in. I wanted a place to be able to keep some progress of my e46 sedan and to be able to show some of the upcoming products myself and my friend Matt are going to be making for them. We had the opportunity to purchase a set of e46 sedan overfender molds from Jesse Remkes over in New Zealand. If you guys don’t know who he is this is his car with the kit on it that we have now

photo 5B6F9599-6F94-4DB3-90F1-E5F129896EAF_zpsws78i8gx.jpg

So after receiving the molds back in February, we were left with a dilemma. Matt has a LCI sedan but the fenders for this only fit pre LCI. In comes my car.

photo 17AE5222-51BD-4A01-A418-5352A094C62A_zpsjsbsbmgj.jpg

photo DCA03563-115C-4AE0-A245-8E6D5BD2287C_zpse4ygfasr.jpg

I picked up this 01 automatic 325 for $300 from our co-worker who happened to have it sitting in his backyard. It did need some tlc and it still does but it was the right price for a car destined to get chopped up. It was kind of running when I got it. The car needed a good go over and I’ve been picking away at it slowly. Since I’ve picked it up I’ve replaced the power steering pump, done the oil stand gasket, new power steering lines, new kidney grills, new corner lights, m3 tail lights, fixed the tail light ground issue, m3 front bumper, fixed my sunroof drains and installed some k sport coil overs. Now because of my sunroof drain popping off, it has destroyed the carpet in the car. I’ve picked up a black dash to flock and black carpet to swap over and get rid of the dingy stuff in there now.

Now onto some of the fun stuff! Making these spanish dictionary parts has been a challenge in itself. We had some issues with products when we first tried making them, and having very little experience didn’t help either. Fiberglass guys also didn’t want to give us too much knowledge and we’ve finally figured out how to get good quality products that stand up to some beating. My kit is completely done now and I’ve started making the plugs for the facelift molds. Yes we will have LCI and pre LCI fronts available.

There’s a little photo dump of just about where I’m at now with the car. I’m going to try and get the rest of the kit prepped and painted within the next week or two, get the dash flocked and in, the carpet swapped over and the whole car lowered a little more (I just threw the coils in and didn’t adjust anything yet). There’s still a little bit of maintenance to do on it, control arm
                Bushings, brakes and sway links and hopefully I’ll be able to throw some wheels on it and cruise around for a little and try to break these kits! Stay tuned for some more updates soon

Ryan.
                It looks so cool.

Comment

Nice, finally some overfenders not on a clean car!
                  drugstore-onlinecatalog.com

Comment

Working...
                  X