Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something you have never seen: an e36!

The glass-glass arrangement PV boards counterbalance the hazard totally Topsolarproducts and would be a lot more secure to incorporate into the structures. Any breakage prompts a breaking (like in a vehicle wind shield) of the toughened glass spread, for the most part uncovering the polymer (ethylene vinyl acetic acid derivation or EVA) that exemplifies the PV cell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fruttolo View Post
    Thanks guys, I have a clip from the day I built the exhaust, I suck at videos and sheit but here it is

https://youtu.be/Bm2ExOkMFOU

It crackles and bangs a lot in downshifts and I love it but it's a bit too loud, I wish I left the resonator in the midpipe but ooh well
    yeah, seriously.... sounds really good

Little update time!
    This chapter we could title:

STOP ME, OH-OH OH STOP ME

If you don't read it singin you a weirdo.

Cringy music apart, we're solving the major problem I encountered in my first track day: stock 320i brakes suck major balls. Managed to cook pads and oil to shit, and both front and rear rotors turned blue. Got them so hot my master blew its seals right out.
    Sooo, being I am poor and more prone to building shit than buying shit, over the last months I pieced together a cheap "big brake kit"

Here you can see e46 325i/320d rear calipers, new ATE 325i/320d 294x19mm vented rear rotors, new ATE 325x28 e46 M3 semi-floating front rotors, Alfa Romeo 159 4-pot Brembo calipers, custom milled brackets for the brembos and a full braided brake lines kit to suit. In the calipers are EBC yellowstuff pads.

So I took my time over the weekend, started friday evening and just finished sunday morning.

Rears are pretty straightforward, they bolt right up and even fit in the stock dust shields:

Can't believe those crusty lines from '95 held all the abuse I put them through, guess BMW gave e36s tiny but well built brakes

Fronts were a little more involved. No before shot as I forgot but here's a comparison from old to new rotor

Had to remove the spindle so I could work on it without cooking my paint in grinder sparks

Ground down the infamous square bit on the calipers mounts on the spindle, and killed the dust shields, both because they don't fit with the brembos AND I hope they will stay cooler with more open air around

So here is the finished shot without wheel and with wheel

Also went to a friend's yesterday to have the tyres turned around (inside edge is pretty fucked, hard driving, camber and semislicks life bro) and cleaned the wheels but took no pics cause I'm lazy and it started to rain.
    As an apology here is a nice pic, again took by someone better than me at it, at last month's meet in Turin

Now it's time for brakes break-in, then if good weather holds up til the 27th I'll be driving another trackday, can't wait to see if I can improve my time!
    It's a painfully slow car but I'll see if I can borrow a gopro to film some laps just for the lolz

Big spicy update is still in the works, waiting for some parts to show up so I have something to look at, so for now I'm out
    Last edited by Fruttolo; 10-13-2019 at 08:52 AM.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Nice!
    Driving slow cars fast is more fun than driving fast cars slow.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

this looks really really good! making me want another e36!!
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

That should make a big difference for sure. I didn’t realize how small the stock brakes are on a 320i, definitely a worthwhile upgrade!

I was wondering what you were up to on, just thought it was a standard brake job. Cant wait to hear what you think on the new setup.
    97 M3 GT2
    2018 SIERRA TOW RIG

Quote Originally Posted by gnmzl View Post
    Nice!
    Driving slow cars fast is more fun than driving fast cars slow.
    It actually is, to an extent! I feel like I would "need" some 50-80hp more to really have fun, but if I had 500hp now I would probably be one of those guys using half of their car's capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
    this looks really really good! making me want another e36!!
    Thanks man! I too want another one, these cars are addictive or something! Also your e30 makes me miss my old one so we are feeling the same why can't a honest car guy have like 30 cars? Big questions in life.

Quote Originally Posted by bwwaaaa View Post
    That should make a big difference for sure. I didn’t realize how small the stock brakes are on a 320i, definitely a worthwhile upgrade!
    Yep I once compared to my best friend's Abarth 500 and his front calipers were way bigger than mine, thinking about the fact both cars have the same stock hp but the e36 weights one 500 and a half it's ridiculous they gave it smaller brakes.
    Can't wait to try the new setup, too bad it's downpouring since I finished the install and I didn't even get to back it out the lot

Quote Originally Posted by hinrichs View Post
    I was wondering what you were up to on, just thought it was a standard brake job. Cant wait to hear what you think on the new setup.
    Guess "breaking stuff, then replacing it with bigger, more difficult to break stuff" kinda IS a standard job for us

nice work!

@cblock406

Still a "misero duemila"

Quote Originally Posted by DawsonLiri View Post
    Still a "misero duemila"
    At least it starts everytime

Also your e30 makes me miss my old one so we are feeling the same why can't a honest car guy have like 30 cars? Big questions in life.
    Why can't we have at least 10 cars, really....
    I can sell you a little e30, that was imported from Italy originally, if you want to stay location correct Warning - it's slower than your e36.
    Also, can't wait to read your feedback on the BBK. Been thinking about upgrading to this combo.
    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

This is looking great! I really love the paint, makes me want to repaint my Schwarz 2 sedan...

At least it starts everytime
    Too harsh vez, you're not love me like you used to do anymore