Something you have never seen: an e36!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    A sound clip of the new exhaust wouldn't hurt...
    I can vouch for that, it's loud, really loud, like you have to record that audio many many feet away...

Comment

Love it on those wheels, deff wanna hear a sound clip.
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Thanks guys, I have a clip from the day I built the exhaust, I suck at videos and sheit but here it is

It crackles and bangs a lot in downshifts and I love it but it's a bit too loud, I wish I left the resonator in the midpipe but ooh well
        Last edited by Fruttolo; 08-12-2019, 03:41 PM.

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Love the sound of a loud 24v. Well really all BMW inline 6s haha.

Also late to mention this, but the new wheels setup looks fantastic. 32s are tried and true, but I love the track stance you have now.

Comment

Dang that exhaust sounds good, loud is always fun.
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

The glass-glass arrangement PV boards counterbalance the hazard totally Topsolarproducts and would be a lot more secure to incorporate into the structures. Any breakage prompts a breaking (like in a vehicle wind shield) of the toughened glass spread, for the most part uncovering the polymer (ethylene vinyl acetic acid derivation or EVA) that exemplifies the PV cell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                Thanks guys, I have a clip from the day I built the exhaust, I suck at videos and sheit but here it is

It crackles and bangs a lot in downshifts and I love it but it's a bit too loud, I wish I left the resonator in the midpipe but ooh well
                yeah, seriously.... sounds really good

Comment

Little update time!
                  This chapter we could title:

STOP ME, OH-OH OH STOP ME

If you don't read it singin you a weirdo.

Cringy music apart, we're solving the major problem I encountered in my first track day: stock 320i brakes suck major balls. Managed to cook pads and oil to shit, and both front and rear rotors turned blue. Got them so hot my master blew its seals right out.
                  Sooo, being I am poor and more prone to building shit than buying shit, over the last months I pieced together a cheap "big brake kit"

Here you can see e46 325i/320d rear calipers, new ATE 325i/320d 294x19mm vented rear rotors, new ATE 325x28 e46 M3 semi-floating front rotors, Alfa Romeo 159 4-pot Brembo calipers, custom milled brackets for the brembos and a full braided brake lines kit to suit. In the calipers are EBC yellowstuff pads.

So I took my time over the weekend, started friday evening and just finished sunday morning.

Rears are pretty straightforward, they bolt right up and even fit in the stock dust shields:

Can't believe those crusty lines from '95 held all the abuse I put them through, guess BMW gave e36s tiny but well built brakes

Fronts were a little more involved. No before shot as I forgot but here's a comparison from old to new rotor

Had to remove the spindle so I could work on it without cooking my paint in grinder sparks

Ground down the infamous square bit on the calipers mounts on the spindle, and killed the dust shields, both because they don't fit with the brembos AND I hope they will stay cooler with more open air around

So here is the finished shot without wheel and with wheel

Also went to a friend's yesterday to have the tyres turned around (inside edge is pretty fucked, hard driving, camber and semislicks life bro) and cleaned the wheels but took no pics cause I'm lazy and it started to rain.
                  As an apology here is a nice pic, again took by someone better than me at it, at last month's meet in Turin

Now it's time for brakes break-in, then if good weather holds up til the 27th I'll be driving another trackday, can't wait to see if I can improve my time!
                  It's a painfully slow car but I'll see if I can borrow a gopro to film some laps just for the lolz

Big spicy update is still in the works, waiting for some parts to show up so I have something to look at, so for now I'm out
                  Last edited by Fruttolo; 10-13-2019, 08:52 AM.

Comment

Nice!
                    Driving slow cars fast is more fun than driving fast cars slow.
                    "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                    Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

this looks really really good! making me want another e36!!
                      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

That should make a big difference for sure. I didn’t realize how small the stock brakes are on a 320i, definitely a worthwhile upgrade!

Comment

I was wondering what you were up to on, just thought it was a standard brake job. Cant wait to hear what you think on the new setup.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by gnmzl View Post
                            Nice!
                            Driving slow cars fast is more fun than driving fast cars slow.
                            It actually is, to an extent! I feel like I would "need" some 50-80hp more to really have fun, but if I had 500hp now I would probably be one of those guys using half of their car's capabilities

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                            this looks really really good! making me want another e36!!
                            Thanks man! I too want another one, these cars are addictive or something! Also your e30 makes me miss my old one so we are feeling the same why can't a honest car guy have like 30 cars? Big questions in life.

Originally posted by bwwaaaa View Post
                            That should make a big difference for sure. I didn’t realize how small the stock brakes are on a 320i, definitely a worthwhile upgrade!
                            Yep I once compared to my best friend's Abarth 500 and his front calipers were way bigger than mine, thinking about the fact both cars have the same stock hp but the e36 weights one 500 and a half it's ridiculous they gave it smaller brakes.
                            Can't wait to try the new setup, too bad it's downpouring since I finished the install and I didn't even get to back it out the lot

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                              I was wondering what you were up to on, just thought it was a standard brake job. Cant wait to hear what you think on the new setup.
                              Guess "breaking stuff, then replacing it with bigger, more difficult to break stuff" kinda IS a standard job for us

Comment

nice work!

@projects_always

Comment

Working...
                                X