• Show
Clear All

I dig the headlight setup!
    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

Sweet build!

Comment

Comment

Do you guys feel this carb scoop works on this build, style wise? Mechanically it would be easy to adapt over. I'm not 100% sold on the idea and want to hear some feedback.

Comment

On the carb scoop, to me it depends on what front end body panels will be used. Fenders, hood? It looks cool now but may look out of place with more panels.
            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

The way you see it is about what it's going to look like finished, but painted cab. Tbuckets are stripped down, open wheel, open engine, stripped down go-karts.

Comment

Car is looking awesome! Not feeling that scoop at all though.

@projects_always

Comment

If you can do it the way it is now, low and almost looking as a transition from the engine to the body, I say DO IT
                  If you need to raise it a lot to connect it tho, with being that far back it would not look ok

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Fuel tank arrived. I really wanted to do a 5gal moon tank in front of the grill but 1)They are way expensive and 2) 5gal isn't very practical. SO this rear mounted 16 gal tank set up for an EFI intank pump will do just fine

I've decided against the carb scoop, let the modern engine appear modern in an old school rod

Last edited by Mykk; 11-30-2018, 12:51 PM.

Comment

The tank is the first thing I don't like in your plan. A big cylindrical tank in that same position would look way better and less boxy, you could repurpose an old propane bottle or a beer keg or something similar that would fill the void height wise this flat one creates

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
                        The tank is the first thing I don't like in your plan....
                        I respect that and see what you mean, maybe once the roll bar is on it'll make more visual sense. To me, as is, this looks like a mechanical rat roddy not as gaudy turtle deck that the T-bucket guys do.

budget-build-t-bucket-4.jpg
                        Last edited by Mykk; 11-30-2018, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Looking great, but i really hope the grille in the last pic is going to come further forward for permanent placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            Looking great, but i really hope the grille in the last pic is going to come further forward for permanent placement.
                            Maybe some as it gets cut down in height to match the cab height, but as is it's up against the front crossmember. I'm not a "Grille in front of the axle" kind of guy.
                            Last edited by Mykk; 11-30-2018, 03:34 PM.

Comment

Smaller reservoir masters arrived:

Clearanced the body to fit over the pedal seembly. I'm sure there is a cleaner way to do this, but I want the ability to remove the body and leave the mechanicals on the frame.

Put the engine on it's mount pucks to get a better idea of drivetrain height and exhaust to master cylinders clearance. The final drivetrain height will have the valve covers parallel to the frame and eliminate drivetrain tilt back, which will further increase exhaust pipe to master cylinder clearance. Perhaps I can even pull the pedal assembly further forward opening up even more leg stretch room

I still need to bend pedal arms to get full swing and clearance, but here I am 6'1" size 13 shoes:

Comment

When I started putting this thing together in my head I always imagined a chopped '32 grille behind the axle. I just mocked the full length '32 grille in front of the axle and leaned back. I'm beginning to feel this might be the way to go. Cleans up the look and gives room for the water-to-air heat exchanger in front of the radiator.

Comment

Working...
                                X