• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just keeps getting better and better
    My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Incredible build. What are you using for headers/exhaust? It looks similar to the factory setup.

Comment

Originally posted by anti-seize View Post
        Incredible build. What are you using for headers/exhaust? It looks similar to the factory setup.
        They are BMW S65 exhaust manifolds flipped upside down to clear the T-bucket cab and point to the side. I figured I would do an absorption muffler welded directly to the end of the manifolds and leave them out in the open pointing out. So far my favorite absorption muffler on the market is Borla and the XR1's have a round case that'll work for what I'm thinking. It'll still be all that is unholy loud, I just hope to take some of the rasp out of the exhaust note.
        Last edited by Mykk; 09-04-2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Front end parts on order. I've decided to piece the chassis together myself instead of a pre-fab. More pics as things arrive and get assembled:

46" wide drilled & 4" drop front axle.

Drilled split wishbone radius arms.

1940's ford spindles & kingpins

Disc brake brackets, rotors & calipers

15" x 5" American Racing VN502 wheels to match the rears

Firestone 155/8-15 front tires.

Still need front leaf spring, shackles & radius arm spring pivots/eyelets & friction shocks.

Comment

A few more parts coming in:

Front wheels & tires, front axle, spindles & kingpins, front disc brakes. Split wishbones still in transit. Still need to order leaf spring, shackles & steering linkage

Comment

"If I only had a frame" ::sung to Wizard of Oz::

Comment

Front wheels vs rear wheels

Comment

Frame day:

I like the front ride height, that will come down some more with drivetrain weight. The rear is too high. The differential will be coming forward and down into the frame to bring that rear end down some and close the gap between rear wheels and body.

Comment

Rear end pulled forward and tucked into frame, Much better:

Comment

Looking good man.
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;
                      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Originally posted by Mykk View Post
                        Rear end pulled forward and tucked into frame, Much better:

It's already looking really good *_*

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

I'm thinking of welding the engine mount tabs on the outside of the frame and sandwich a biscuit (flathead ford) mount under the BMW engine mount brackets. As long as they don't interfere with the wishbones. I'm going to do my damndest to mount the grill behind the axle, I don't really like the look of the grill in front of the axle on a T
                          Last edited by Mykk; 10-27-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Just curious why you decided to go with inboard brakes, I'm a huge fan of inboard brakes but I'm curious for your choice, I'd think the sprung weight can't play a huge role, and since they're not traditional outboard I imagine they won't cool as well. Side note, this is the coolest build on this page, and I love the updates

Comment

Originally posted by slamitall View Post
                              Just curious why you decided to go with inboard brakes...
                              Adds to the uniqueness, not something you see every day. Looks cool. Ease of mounting. I liked the idea of stationary center section so I wouldn't need to clearance the body more the necessary for pinion & driveshaft.

Comment

Found a clutch master & brake master pedal assembly from a sandrail, fitment is tight. To tight to the exhaust, I may be able to lower mounting and pull forward a bit. The back of the tapeline is the frontmost of the T cab.

Also had an idea for the headlights I wanted to try, I actually kind of dig it.

"Hey you"

"Yeah?"

"What are you staring at?"

"Uhh...nuthin"

Last edited by Mykk; 11-07-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X