No announcement yet.

I've got a dream: BMW powered RatRod/T-bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Been following this on Grassroots, Killer build!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Image not found...

Comment

• Comment

• Looks awesome, one of the most aggressive stances I've seen in hotrods lately

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

• This looks flawless to me! Awesome work ...
                "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• New air scoop to feed the throttlebody, just an added cherry on top.

Comment

• I was talked into, and agreed it would be a good idea to reflow the original flux core wire welds for better penetration using my works TIG.

With help from my friend & boss (pictured below), he is showing me the basics. TIG welding is way more fun then MIG, TIG>MIG

Also added a few gussets, supports and tabs to mount stuff to.

Last edited by Mykk; 10-03-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

• After welding, painted the frame in a Duplicolor Graphite Wheel Paint HWO203 & HWP103 Clearcoat:

Added a vintage style race number decal & flat cleared over it.

Ditched the tractor seats in favor for a set of plush boat seats.

With the newly added color the stripe needed a little extra something too:

Comment

• Mounted the universal Ez-wire 12 circuit fuse block & harness. Mounted the MSD ignition box and Speeduino EFI controller.

It was rather tough to find (for some reason) SPDT On-On long toggle switches, but my plan is to have the EFI controller turn on the fuel pump, cooling fan and intercooler pump while the toggles are down (off) and also allow manual control of each with toggles up (on).

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Wow I missed some updates on this, but you've knocked out a lot of stuff. Good work! I love the idea to have some stuff powered on by the ECU but also having manual control over it.
                              Also, those sidepipes are sick
                              "You could roll an E30 in a BMW showroom today and people would think:
                              Well, they finally got the 1 series right!"

3.0 L e30 ground up build

Comment

• Cant view these pics anymore on any device, this was one of my favourite threads!!!
                                My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Working...
                                X