Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coast to Coast, an American adventure

Now, I am unsure if this is something that you guys will be interested in but I figured I would put up a post, if people are interested I will update it along my route with everything we see and do.

The original plan was 3 weeks to do an American adventure. That then extended and extended and then we figured sod it, lets leave our lives and do it over 3 months. This will more than likely be our only chance to leave our jobs and do a trip like this.

We are going to start in California and end in New York, the Mrs really wants to see the Rockefeller tree which goes up at the end of November so the plan

Land in Oakland (San Francisco) on 05th September.
    Fly home from New York 04 December.

Here is the planned route, it may change slightly but I would love to hear your opinion and any suggested places to visit and more importantly if any of you are on the route lets meet up!! lets get a drink and some food and do some shit!

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr

The original plan was to ship my e36 328i touring over to do the trip, but its just 2 years shy of your 25 year rule so that put a solid and sudden stop to that idea. Sucks.

I am currently in the process of searching and buying a car in California which we will travel across America in and then hopefully (if it survives) ship it back to the UK and that will be the new project car for me. I am super pumped at what its potentially going to be, its nothing special really but I'm just excited.

If you have any suggestions or recommendations or would like me to keep updating you guys with plans and updates on the trip please let me know.

Much love.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

I think it would be cool to see your adventure with pics along the way
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I'm close to the 34-39 stage of your trip, if you need anything along the way in that area, feel free to reach out!

If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

EDIT: When in that area, you have the Georgia Aquarium, The World of Coke, The Biltmore House, and a few other places that area really neat to visit. My wife and I have season passes to a few places and we'd be happy to share with you guys if you decided to visit them!
      Last edited by MikeyRa; 06-15-2018, 08:08 AM.
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

I'd love to do a USA trip like this myself.

Keep us updated, you're living the dream, man!

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Please update!

Comment

Looks like its gonna be a rad trip. I'd suggest when you land in SFO, you head north first, the redwoods going up highway 101 are beautiful. And on a related note, we are selling an E36 sedan, manual trans, with a ton of work done recently. Located in Humboldt County. Would make a good car to drive then sell as a rust free car on the east coast. Just something to think about. Either way, if you head north on 101 and make it up here, I'll buy you a beer.

Comment

This is cool! Are you taking a Northern or Southern route across the US? I'm in North Carolina but would love to meet you and see what you chose to drove across the US. I've always wanted to do this. DEFINITELY keep the thread updated

progress IS a slow process

Comment

unfortunately the car turned out to be a piece of shit and a ton of issues that was not disclosed to me before i got my friend to drive the 4 hour round trip to check out the car.

So back to the drawing board with that.

Basically, i really want an e30 to do trip in, as I've always wanted one and also the Mrs really likes them which is a plus.

I shall keep this updated for you all then i am glad this has had some interest.

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                I think it would be cool to see your adventure with pics along the way
                Will do man, wish i was heading up near you be good to see that 36 and grab a drink!

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                I'm close to the 34-39 stage of your trip, if you need anything along the way in that area, feel free to reach out!

If you'd like, PM me and I'll give you my cell #.

EDIT: When in that area, you have the Georgia Aquarium, The World of Coke, The Biltmore House, and a few other places that area really neat to visit. My wife and I have season passes to a few places and we'd be happy to share with you guys if you decided to visit them!
                Yes man thats awesome!! i went to the aquarium when i came over last year for FDATL but do want to do it again with the wife and a few other places down there like what you mentioned, how about you use them passes and come down to ATL for a day, meet us and we go see some stuff!

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                I'd love to do a USA trip like this myself.

Keep us updated, you're living the dream, man!
                Thanks man, it truly is a once in a life time trip and i am so excited for it, went out the other week and purchased all new camera, a new lense and a couple of GoPro's. i love your photography using film. honestly, keep it up as i really want to see more.

Originally posted by z168 View Post
                Please update!
                Will do man, thank you.

Originally posted by srpowered240sx View Post
                Looks like its gonna be a rad trip. I'd suggest when you land in SFO, you head north first, the redwoods going up highway 101 are beautiful. And on a related note, we are selling an E36 sedan, manual trans, with a ton of work done recently. Located in Humboldt County. Would make a good car to drive then sell as a rust free car on the east coast. Just something to think about. Either way, if you head north on 101 and make it up here, I'll buy you a beer.
                We was going to go up north to see the avenue of the giants but we decided not to but we may still add it in!! i feel like this is a bit out of my budget but if you are on instagram can you shoot me over some details please to @benwalsh91.

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                This is cool! Are you taking a Northern or Southern route across the US? I'm in North Carolina but would love to meet you and see what you chose to drove across the US. I've always wanted to do this. DEFINITELY keep the thread updated
                The route is in the first post. we are going more southern route, i do want to do a northern route but we may have to save that for another trip! there was so much that we wanted to do but we decided ultimately that we would do the southern side of things as this is where we have a lot of friends on this route that we want to go in and see.
                Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

You need to make sure you are in atlanta on a Caffeine and Octane Sunday. First sunday morning of every month.

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                    You need to make sure you are in atlanta on a Caffeine and Octane Sunday. First sunday morning of every month.
                    Only if you agree that we go back to your place and show me around that amazing basement garage you built and we have BBQ on the new deck! been reading your garage journal thread. Seriously, amazing work!!
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

That might be a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                        That might be a possibility.
                        Don't think we will be in the area for the first Sunday of the month, it is looking like we will be in the Atlanta area on/around 14th - 21st.
                        Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

keen for updates!

Comment

Hey, the wife and I are in to meet up with you guys in ATL, keep in touch!
                            Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

You might not be too far from me passing through the lower part of pa on the map, nothing a drive for me cant fix
                              Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Working...
                              X