Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Best place to sell wheels?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,645

    Default Best place to sell wheels?

    I didn't really know where to post this, but I was just wondering what sites you guys like to use to sell wheels. I've got them on Zilvia, WheelFlip, and here (although the 5x114.3 section doesn't get the traffic 5x120 receives, haha) as well as craigslist (a huge long shot in my area). My fiancÚ's dad is quite eBay savvy, so I was thinking about going that route, but I was just wondering if you guys knew of any more?? I was also thinking about putting them up on Wheel-Whores, although it's UK based, I noticed a handful of US sellers.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    -Brandon-

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    594

    Default

    The 5x114 market sucks. I don't screw with them anymore unless I can get them super cheap. The market is flooded, there's tons of JDM importers now, and the buyers are sorta cheap-asses (understandably so, with so many options). I get the most interest locally, since the added cost of shipping isn't involved. Most of my hits come through Facebook marketplace and local Facebook groups, followed by Craigslist. Last year I sold a bunch of Mustang fitment 5x114 wheels and did really well on ebay, but it's not very popular with JDM stuff.

    For other fitments, I make most of my sales through Stanceworks. I also list on VWVortex, and on Pelicanparts for Porsche stuff.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    16

    Default

    All you can do is post on C-list, car forums, car FB pages, and if you have to, ebay.

    Quote Originally Posted by KyleAnderson View Post
    The 5x114 market sucks. I don't screw with them anymore unless I can get them super cheap. The market is flooded, there's tons of JDM importers now, and the buyers are sorta cheap-asses (understandably so, with so many options). I get the most interest locally, since the added cost of shipping isn't involved. Most of my hits come through Facebook marketplace and local Facebook groups, followed by Craigslist. Last year I sold a bunch of Mustang fitment 5x114 wheels and did really well on ebay, but it's not very popular with JDM stuff.

    For other fitments, I make most of my sales through Stanceworks. I also list on VWVortex, and on Pelicanparts for Porsche stuff.
    Id agree with this. My works have been for sale since late January. I've gotten many offers, 95% of them low balls. The other 5% are still "considering buying" but never get back to me. Most dont want to pay for shipping for think offering 30-40% less is going to get them somewhere.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Heres the thing. if you have something you consider collectible, then you need to find collectors (vehicle specific groups). That's going to come from a little extra work if you expect to get collector prices. but, keep in mind that collectors also troll the regular sources. (CL & FB) but they aren't going to pay retail there.
    If you're trying to get reasonable prices and cast a wider net, then you use CL & FB.

    wheel whores used to be a good source, but i dont know how it is now. it's been a couple years since I really used it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    I appreciate it. I'm not really selling wheels on the regular, I'm just trying to get rid of my SSRs now that I have no car to put them on, haha. I remember when I bought them, the guy had them posted up for a while before I finally decided to bite. All these damn 240 guys just want dirt cheap drift spares to thrash on, and I wasn't taking it in that direction, plus they're only 17s, so the Lexus crowd probably won't be interested. I just need to be more patient.
    -Brandon-

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Yeah, 17's are going to be tough to sell... anyone spending decent money on 5x114 is going 18"+ these days. The smaller stuff is sitting forever.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hi.
    Is there a market for 18┤s for BMW`?
    I think eveyone drives 19"+

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBeton View Post
    Hi.
    Is there a market for 18┤s for BMW`?
    I think eveyone drives 19"+
    Yeah, there's a great market for 18's, and they can pull good money. Infact, it's been one of the most steady markets these past few years, in my experience. My highest profits are always on 5x120, and my top 3 from the past couple years were all 18" and smaller.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •