Best place to sell wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to sell wheels?

I didn't really know where to post this, but I was just wondering what sites you guys like to use to sell wheels. I've got them on Zilvia, WheelFlip, and here (although the 5x114.3 section doesn't get the traffic 5x120 receives, haha) as well as craigslist (a huge long shot in my area). My fiancé's dad is quite eBay savvy, so I was thinking about going that route, but I was just wondering if you guys knew of any more?? I was also thinking about putting them up on Wheel-Whores, although it's UK based, I noticed a handful of US sellers.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    -Brandon-

The 5x114 market sucks. I don't screw with them anymore unless I can get them super cheap. The market is flooded, there's tons of JDM importers now, and the buyers are sorta cheap-asses (understandably so, with so many options). I get the most interest locally, since the added cost of shipping isn't involved. Most of my hits come through Facebook marketplace and local Facebook groups, followed by Craigslist. Last year I sold a bunch of Mustang fitment 5x114 wheels and did really well on ebay, but it's not very popular with JDM stuff.

For other fitments, I make most of my sales through Stanceworks. I also list on VWVortex, and on Pelicanparts for Porsche stuff.

Comment

All you can do is post on C-list, car forums, car FB pages, and if you have to, ebay.

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
      The 5x114 market sucks. I don't screw with them anymore unless I can get them super cheap. The market is flooded, there's tons of JDM importers now, and the buyers are sorta cheap-asses (understandably so, with so many options). I get the most interest locally, since the added cost of shipping isn't involved. Most of my hits come through Facebook marketplace and local Facebook groups, followed by Craigslist. Last year I sold a bunch of Mustang fitment 5x114 wheels and did really well on ebay, but it's not very popular with JDM stuff.

For other fitments, I make most of my sales through Stanceworks. I also list on VWVortex, and on Pelicanparts for Porsche stuff.
      Id agree with this. My works have been for sale since late January. I've gotten many offers, 95% of them low balls. The other 5% are still "considering buying" but never get back to me. Most dont want to pay for shipping for think offering 30-40% less is going to get them somewhere.
      370z Cold Start: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMa3mZ5qHo
      G35 walk around(gone): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I4PsrlNRk8&t=4s

Comment

Heres the thing. if you have something you consider collectible, then you need to find collectors (vehicle specific groups). That's going to come from a little extra work if you expect to get collector prices. but, keep in mind that collectors also troll the regular sources. (CL & FB) but they aren't going to pay retail there.
        If you're trying to get reasonable prices and cast a wider net, then you use CL & FB.

wheel whores used to be a good source, but i dont know how it is now. it's been a couple years since I really used it

Comment

I appreciate it. I'm not really selling wheels on the regular, I'm just trying to get rid of my SSRs now that I have no car to put them on, haha. I remember when I bought them, the guy had them posted up for a while before I finally decided to bite. All these damn 240 guys just want dirt cheap drift spares to thrash on, and I wasn't taking it in that direction, plus they're only 17s, so the Lexus crowd probably won't be interested. I just need to be more patient.
          -Brandon-

Comment

Yeah, 17's are going to be tough to sell... anyone spending decent money on 5x114 is going 18"+ these days. The smaller stuff is sitting forever.

Comment

Hi.
              Is there a market for 18´s for BMW`?
              I think eveyone drives 19"+

Comment

Originally posted by JonnyBeton View Post
                Hi.
                Is there a market for 18´s for BMW`?
                I think eveyone drives 19"+
                Yeah, there's a great market for 18's, and they can pull good money. Infact, it's been one of the most steady markets these past few years, in my experience. My highest profits are always on 5x120, and my top 3 from the past couple years were all 18" and smaller.

Comment

Working...
                X