Need help with set up...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with set up...

I keep thinking I have this figured out, but then a wrench gets thrown in..

My car runs 5x115 Wheels. I have 20x9 on it now.

I'm putting a wide body kit on my car and this is where I have my issues.

A wheel company has offered to give me a set of custom offset wheels, but they don't offer my bolt pattern anymore. They do offer 5x114.3.

I want to be able to run my current wheels and keep my new wheels for Shows only.

So here is what I have figured or found out. 5x114.3 fits, but isn't recommend due to stress on the studs. So I thought about re-drilling my Hubs and rotors to 5x114.3. This sucks b/c every time I have to change hubs or rotors. I have to do it again. It's not an off the shelf repair. I have to Adapter Spacers anyway to run my current 20x9 5x115 wheels for daily use. So thats not a huge issue.

My other option was to run wobble nuts and centering rings. But my studs are M14 and these are only made in M12.

I really don't want to run Adatpers to run my New Show wheels, b/c it will reduce the size of the Lips.

Also thought about redrilling my Wheels to 5x115. but the wheels have a dual pattern pre-cut in them. So that doesn't work either.

What can I do here?????
    Last edited by Ramrod; 05-28-2018, 04:05 AM.
    2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post

A wheel company has offered to give me a set of custom offset wheels, but they don't offer my bolt pattern anymore. They do offer 5x114.3.
    If a company can offer custom wheels with offsets, they should be able to offer custom pcds...

Option 1: Have studs made that fit your hub but are M12x1.5.

Option 2: Redrill new wheels to 5x115 with inserts.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
      If a company can offer custom wheels with offsets, they should be able to offer custom pcds...

Option 1: Have studs made that fit your hub but are M12x1.5.

Option 2: Redrill new wheels to 5x115 with inserts.
      http://customwheelaccessories.com/al...l-inserts.html

You would think they would, but they don't.

By redrilling the wheels. Is that just basically opening up the 5x114.3 holes bigger and inserting the inserts to make it a 5x115?

Both seem like great ideas.

Thanks for the links.
      Last edited by Ramrod; 05-28-2018, 11:59 PM.

Comment

I would go the route of switching to 12mm studs and using wobble nuts. It would really open your options for 5x114 wheels and still be able to swap back to stock. Redrilling (inserting) is also an option, but changing studs is more DIY friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
          I would go the route of switching to 12mm studs and using wobble nuts. It would really open your options for 5x114 wheels and still be able to swap back to stock. Redrilling (inserting) is also an option, but changing studs is more DIY friendly.
          This is what I'm think as well.

Thanks

Comment

Came across these..

Are these Wobble Nuts?

Is this normal for variable PCD Nuts.. No Air Impacts can be used on them?
            Last edited by Ramrod; 06-28-2018, 05:12 AM.

Comment

It doesn't say they're PCD variation, so I wouldn't count on it. As far as I know, they don't exist in 14mm.

Not using an impact is normal for all lug nuts. They should be torqued by hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleAnderson View Post
                As far as I know, they don't exist in 14mm.
                Maybe these guys can help you out.
                Spurverbreiterung bei SCC Fahrzeugtechnik. Immer eine Spur breiter!

They don't have them on their side but asking is free...

Comment

Thanks Everyone... I've tried getting in contact with MSI, waiting to hear back. also contacted Moser Eng. and one other company about new Wheel Studs.

Currently Talking with Giovanni on a set of Solid Fury wheels in 20x10 -13... I can make these work on all for corners pretty easy.. They don't have a massive lip in 20x10, but will still look great under a wide body. I could still run my 275/315 staggered set up or run 305s on all four if I want. I would need just 1in Adapters to fit. Gives me a little room to adjust and play with...

Last edited by Ramrod; 07-04-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X