Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Corrado G60 rocking 18 inch

Hi!

My name is Marcell and I've been into VWs for a long time. I am doing all the work together with my brother Robert.

In 2011 we bought a silver G60 which we swapped to VR6 Turbo but haven't finished.
    I fabricated some parts for it such as brake caliper brackets, topmounts and such things. I planned on running Cayenne brakes 6 pot front and 4 pot back as well as Ferrari 360 e-brakes with Mercedes rotors.

It was in 2014 where we first saw a Corrado with custom sebrings and it was that moment when we decided we want to do a little bit more.

I always loved the sebrings but wanted to add a modern touch to them.

So I started up solidworks and began drawing.

Since then we've come a long way but recently we finished our first set of wheels, which are forged 6061 3 piece wheels.

The dimensions are 8.5x18 ET30 front and ET10 back.

We painted the silver Corrado two times and got screwed two times and then we had a major setback and let the car sit for a whole year.

Then we found a cheap G60 in Austria which seemed to be a realistic goal to finish in months.

When we drove there we found out that it was an imported US Version which is just a bit more wanted here in Austria.

We got some stock stuff from the previous owner such as taillights, steering wheel and other goodies.

So for the last months we dig into the car and fixed most of the stuff the previous owners had done to it.

We brought it back to almost stock status but with some goodies which include:

Recaros, black headliner, Air duct, spoonfed spoiler, Custom top mounts, custom drop plates with 4 degrees of camber, shortened H&R monotube shocks in the front.
    We redid the whole engine wiring and rewrapped it too.

Anyways it would be too much to list so here are some pics of the car.

Greetings

Silver G60 before:

Silver G60 after:

The current G60 when we bought it:

and how it sits as of today because tomorrow we will start to swap the coilover suspension to Airlift V2:

I will post more pics of the build soon.
    Attached Files

I love it! 18s are a bit too big tho

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Gahdamn that last set of wheels are perfect on there.

Comment

Looks so good! what wheels are those?
        @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for the input.

The wheels are made by me and my brother.
          The first unfinished render of the wheels was this one:

The final design of the rear wheel rendered:

Some pics along the way

The finish was done completely by hand:

First test fit

I will post some more pictures of the build soon.

Comment

All of the yes! Really liking the contemporary take on the Sebrings, and love the custom element!

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

I think 18 are too big but damn if they looks great, especially the rear one!

Comment

duuuuuuuuuuude subd !!!
                this is awesome and the 18s look rad on it, hard to be able to pull of 18s well on corrados haha
                Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

Dope! Wish we saw more Corrados on the road here in California. Always loved the look of them...

Props on the fully custom wheels!
                  Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
                  www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Uuuuuuh man, out of the word for rims...i'm constantly looking at rear concave ones....great job

Nice Corrado overall

Comment

Thanks guys! Yes the rear ones are definately the eye catcher so far.

As I am still having issues with the engine (hesitating at times) I'm still looking for the cause.
                      I checked to only piece of wiring I haven't touched yet (due to lack of time) and it was in terrible condition.

Injector harness.
                      So I redid it with bigger and better wiring (can take more heat) and also wrapped it in heat protection mats.
                      Not the prettiest result but better than before and should last longer also.

New:

Hasn't fixed the hesitating engine, but another task checked off on the to do list.

Then I started with the trunk setup for the air suspension:

Making 10mm hardlines fit with 3/8" Airlift V2:

Bending the hardlines:

rewrapped and partly redid the wacky wiring harness (bought it used)

And this will be the finished Layout: Tank will be painted black and the floor will be wrapped with an old oem trunk mat.

Comment

Yesterday we almost finished the trunk setup, the hardlines to the valve unit are still loose in the picture and the wiring to the valve unit isn't plugged in.
                        Very pleased with the outcome.

I still have to swap the shocks and finish routing the lines to the shocks, which I already started:

Comment

Installed the suspension, happy with the outcome, will be a bit modified in the back though to get it lower.

what do you guys think?

Comment

Working...
                          X