Another damn e36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
    Look at mine, dude. you could easily do something similar. I'll link you it in messages.
    Sounds good
    grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

Steering wheel hub will be here around lunch so I will probably go home and snag that on my lunch break and throw the new wheel on. Ended up having to order new rear tires, apparently at almost an inch of rear toe tires dont last nearly as long haha. So those should be here sometime next week, going to get them mounted up and re-align the car again. I still need to trade my 3.91 diff for like a 3.15, the 2.90 sucks if your in the wrong gear and the 3.91 is a bit...much for a daily haha

Comment

If you were closer Id be interested in trading diffs
        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Yeah? Shipping is super expensive, diffs are at least 80lbs by the time you box them up lol

Comment

So I finally talked a friend with a good camera to grab some better pictures, here are a couple I like

Been working on getting a spare M52 engine to start a very mild build on along with a zf transmission, the loose plan at the moment is to throw some headstuds and a better headgasket on along with new rings and bearings then put a relatively small turbo on. The goals are to make 350 whp on pump gas and make it dalily-able. Other than that I am working on getting some aero and a couple other small things over the winter.
            Last edited by xxcody2130xx; 11-18-2018, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Went and got a new alignment now that we have all the upgrade parts in the rear suspension, went from a ton of toe out to a bit of toe in which is nice but its still not where I would like it too be. Ended up taking 3 clicks of damping out of the rear shocks which ended up balancing the car even better, had just a touch of understeer, have not had that ever before in this car but the transition from grip to slip is very gradual and the car does give plenty of warning. Drove a fun road called Rattle Snake Grade with some friends, over 2000 feet in elevation change and a ton of turns made for a great end to my 3 day weekend
              [/url]

Comment

Not much new, working on getting some new wheels and had a photo/video shoot with a local buddy. Once the video is done I will get it up here too. Some of the pictures from the shoot

Here is a picture of the wheels I am working on getting

Specs are 18x10 +25 front and 18x11 +38 so I could get away with a 15mm adapter in the back, looks like new front hubs will have to happen so I can have them dual drilled to work with 5x114.3 and 5x120
                Last edited by xxcody2130xx; 01-09-2019, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Woooowsers, simple yet aggressive!

3.73 seems to be perfect if you still want 90% of the performance from a 3.91 with just a tad bit better revs on the highway.

I browse here all the time but you have made me remember my username and password just so i could leave a comment. Keep this bad boy up it has come a ways from the first photos!
                  I just need something to go from point A to point B
                  so i bought 3 bmws
                  @cressidodd

Comment

Originally posted by cressidodd View Post
                    Woooowsers, simple yet aggressive!

3.73 seems to be perfect if you still want 90% of the performance from a 3.91 with just a tad bit better revs on the highway.

I browse here all the time but you have made me remember my username and password just so i could leave a comment. Keep this bad boy up it has come a ways from the first photos!
                    Thanks man! I love the way the car is turning out so far, it looks and feels way better than when I first got it

Comment

Got the first couple videos back from the shoot the other day, pretty stoked on how everything turned out
                      VID_178100427_163501_969 by Cody Lundberg, on Flickr
                      VID_170650813_041621_454 by Cody Lundberg, on Flickr

Comment

Last Thursday my father and I were talking and the topic of my BMW came up and when I said I had no intent of selling the car anytime soon my dad mentioned that he was proud of what I had built and was excited to see how the car turned out. Friday night he passed away of a massive heart attack. He was the one that first instilled a love of cars in me, he taught me how to work on cars, how to weld and so many other skills that without him around I would never have learned. I am going to finish this build the way that he would have wanted. Expect updates soon, there will be some big changes coming soon.
                        Last edited by xxcody2130xx; 02-04-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry for you loss.
                          Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

So after a long wait my wheels are finally done. Saw these on threepiece.us's site and was in love.

They has to be redrilled as they were never sold in 5x120 and I wanted a different face color, had threepiece do that while they had them. Was very excited to get this picture

Put some 215/40 tires on them and test fit them on the car and was amazed how well they fit. Still needed to get my lug stud conversion and lug nuts on before driving it

Threw my 90mm Condor Speed Shop lug studs on along with some GKtech lugnuts, put the original front bumper back on that is wrapped to matched and grabbed some better pictures

I am very happy to say the least, I have wanted Riverside TrafficStar DTM's since I say them in some old Video option DVD's. More wrap and more cool parts are coming so there should be more updates soon
                            Last edited by xxcody2130xx; 03-24-2019, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Daaamn those wheels are sexy, flat lips always look cool as fawk

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Fun thread to watch, new wheels are great!

Comment

Working...
                                X