No announcement yet.

2010 Dodge Charger Wide body Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Charger was just finished up. Came out Slick...

2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

Dude I know you're not gonna change your mind because of some guy on the internet (and that's ok), but I think the real "bad" part in your project is the paint/graphics. Wheels are not the best ever but you can always get some that look better, paint on the other hand is difficult to re-do, and the car with the widebody and no handles and lights etc is already "a lot", that two color scheme is making it "too much". It's something that looks ok or sometimes (rarely) aggressive on supercars, but on a big sedan it's unelegant and out of place IMHO. I get at sema what everyone looks for is flashyness but why don't you paint it just blue?

That purple charger is really nice, if you mentally remove that roof rack and awful lightbar

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Originally posted by Fruttolo View Post
        Dude I know you're not gonna change your mind because of some guy on the internet (and that's ok), but I think the real "bad" part in your project is the paint/graphics. Wheels are not the best ever but you can always get some that look better, paint on the other hand is difficult to re-do, and the car with the widebody and no handles and lights etc is already "a lot", that two color scheme is making it "too much". It's something that looks ok or sometimes (rarely) aggressive on supercars, but on a big sedan it's unelegant and out of place IMHO. I get at sema what everyone looks for is flashyness but why don't you paint it just blue?

That purple charger is really nice, if you mentally remove that roof rack and awful lightbar
        The whole reason I wanted a new Paint job was b/c of the new front bumper. Leaving my car all Black would just hide the custom bumper. It would just blend in too much. I wanted the bumper to draw attention.

The draw back I was having was changing the whole color of the car or even having to repaint the door jams. This is a HUGE job to do. And I wouldn't mind it personally.

So I drew up a few different designs that would change the color of the front of the car, but also would get away without painting door jams.

Here is what I came up with... And I'm really on the fence of how I'm painting it. I have been for a while. Before I ever posted here.

Comment

Here is another Build, very similar to mine. Same Wide Body Kit, Same Hood and the Front bumper is close to mine..

Comment

The only thing I have a problem with is people calling overfenders a widebody kit. When the Challengers first came out I was really into the whole LX chassis, and guys were slicing their rear fenders and rebuilding the sheetmetal wider. That is considered a widebody to me.
            https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...to-sema/page-2
            img-2265-jpg_100174867_m.jpg
            dsc00923-jpg_100174862_m.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
              Here is another Build, very similar to mine. Same Wide Body Kit, Same Hood and the Front bumper is close to mine..

This is what I mean. It works for me because it's not crazy painted and is somewhat clean. Keep a clean look for yours and I promise it will turn more heads at sema than a crazy tacky paint job. I do like the car though and I'm still on board with this one, ugly paint or not haha. Vinyl might be the way to go so when you don't like it anymore you don't have to repaint... Just my opinion.
              2 328i e36's
              Saabaru linear 2.5na
              Various projects.
              sigpic
              Intro;
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Been watching this thread for a while. But I'm not seeing it. Just because you've done builds before, doesn't mean you have good taste. But then again, it's all a matter of taste and everybody has a different taste (thankfully).

The rims and the paintjob just scream 2004, it's outdated. But that's my opinion. Just not sure if it really is bad taste or if it's intentional. Being different and maybe a bit provocative.... I always encourage being different and not being a herd animal. But ugly is ugly, no denying that.
                Old project: Suzuki Swift mk1 GTi carbs '86
                New Project: Porsche 944 S '87
                Follow me: Whiteknuckleride
                My band on Spotify: Edison Road

Comment

More work on the Doors.

Comment

Also got my Tires Mounted. Not balanced yet thou. Need to pull my sensors from my current wheels and switch over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                      Also got my Tires Mounted. Not balanced yet thou. Need to pull my sensors from my current wheels and switch over.

Are those going to clear fine with zero stretch?
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;

Comment

• Wait, so you had your tires mounted before you switched your TPMS to the new wheels?
                        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                          Are those going to clear fine with zero stretch?
                          We will make them fit. It's going to be very close. Just a little fiberglass work on the rear fenders to widen them, if needed. Worse Case, I'll have to bump down to 20x10s with -25 offset. Just like my fronts. I'll still run the 315s.

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
                          Wait, so you had your tires mounted before you switched your TPMS to the new wheels?
                          Yes I did, it was FREE. I just need them to check fitment right now. I still need to drive my car daily. So my sensors are still in my current tires.
                          Last edited by Ramrod; 09-07-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Nice. Put any thought into the paint? Just paint the whole car blue haha. I still can't get with the paint concept. Only works for me on drift cars with crazy aero. This thing should be cleaner, imo.
                            Last edited by Quillhill36; 09-05-2018, 04:46 PM.
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;

Comment

• Hope you prove us wrong and do a really good job on the car, but, apologies I'm just not seeing it.

Open to being wrong though!

Comment

• Out with the New and in with the Old. Swapped out my 2010 Gas Door for a 2006 Gas Door.

Comment

Working...
                                X