2010 Dodge Charger Wide body Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CSBolger View Post
    What about sideskirts now that the front and rear bumpers are lower?
    Looking into a few different ones. Haven't settled on one yet thou. I have to be picky b/c the new skirts have to work with the wide body.
    Last edited by Ramrod; 10-19-2018, 07:00 AM.
    2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
      Just looks like the pipes are bent is all.
      And they very well could be.

I may throw on some 5in Tips for SEMA. They fill in the Gaps pretty well.

Last edited by Ramrod; 10-19-2018, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• It looks better than I expected, but I still can't get over the wheel choice.
        Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Wheels may make the car look better, but they don't make the car for me anymore. A well executed build with "okay" wheels is still well done imo. There aren't a lot of options for the Challenger/charger following besides having one-offs or 5x114 redrills. Girlfriend just got work s2h for her Challenger and we have to have them redrilled. Not like 5x112 or 5x120. Good looking wheels are hard to find at an even somewhat reasonable price.
          2 328i e36's
          Saabaru linear 2.5na
          Various projects.
          sigpic
          Intro;
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• yeah body looks mean in the bondo/prep pics, cannot wait for the wet paint pics

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              It looks better than I expected, but I still can't get over the wheel choice.
              The Wheels were not my 1st or 2nd or even 10th choice. When I ordered my custom Bumper back in March of 2017. I had no plans of doing a wide body kit, a Hood, or Rear Bumper. I waited for over 1.5yrs to get my Bumper. It's was a mess. I found 10 others waiting on parts as well. The original owner of Company Sold it back in Dec. So the new owner made an agreement to still fill old existing orders. For part of my wait and the new owner felt bad. He gave me the Flares and I switched out my side skirts for a new hood. Then everything else snowballed quick. I didn't want to run 3in Spacers with the new Wide Body and I didn't wait to go to SEMA without the widebody. Being on a Budget. I had to find a Sponsor. I tried every wheel company I could find to Sponsor me, but without a finished Car or the Final Confirmation for SEMA. I couldn't find one. So I started looking for 1pcs wheels with the offset I needed. Only wheels that fit that group are wheels designed for Trucks or Jeeps. Then to find that in my Bolt Pattern was even harder if not impossible. So I started E-mailing companies that sold Truck wheels with the offset I needed. 99% of them kept telling me they won't fit my car. They couldn't wrap their head around the direction my build was going. Only 1 company jumped on it and helped me out. Xtreme Mudder. Of all the companies to support my build. One called Xtreme Mudder stepped up. So then I had to choose a wheel that I thought I could make work with my build. With the Sponsorship I only had to pay for Shipping.

I have around $1,500 total in this Make over. Everything else has been from Full 100% Sponsorships.

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
              Wheels may make the car look better, but they don't make the car for me anymore. A well executed build with "okay" wheels is still well done imo. There aren't a lot of options for the Challenger/charger following besides having one-offs or 5x114 redrills. Girlfriend just got work s2h for her Challenger and we have to have them redrilled. Not like 5x112 or 5x120. Good looking wheels are hard to find at an even somewhat reasonable price.
              Gets even Harder to find when you're in the -44 offset ranges.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
              yeah body looks mean in the bondo/prep pics, cannot wait for the wet paint pics
              Thanks, I pulled weather Stripping, Mirrors, Flares, Spoiler and Bumpers off today. We Primed the rear bumper, but we have to redo it. Found 3 more cracks and some pinholes. This new rear Bumper had 5 cracks in it and not one mounting hole. We have not caught a break on Fiberglass parts. All have needed tons of work to get ready. All the stuff from Charged Motorworks was thick, but had tons of air bubbles that needed addressed. Spent 2 full weeks just on the front bumper. Flares were almost as bad. Hood was a little better, but it's kind of wacky too. Going to have to use extra Hood adjustments to fit it close enough.

We are Spraying at least the Black tomorrow. Which is everything but the Front Fenders, Hood and Front Bumper. Rear Bumper won't be ready for painting tomorrow either.

Comment

• So I've been reading this thread since you made your first post, and have seen you take a lot of criticism for your aesthetic choices on your car. But one thing that no one can take away from you is how quickly you've been putting together this car, and given the time frame of it all I think that is quite commendable. I stand with everyone else on the wheel situation but I think the outcome all together will exceed the expectations of most people commenting here.

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

• Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                  So I've been reading this thread since you made your first post, and have seen you take a lot of criticism for your aesthetic choices on your car. But one thing that no one can take away from you is how quickly you've been putting together this car, and given the time frame of it all I think that is quite commendable. I stand with everyone else on the wheel situation but I think the outcome all together will exceed the expectations of most people commenting here.
                  Thank you. I've put a ton of work and thought into this build. Not something I just whipped up. Started collecting parts in March 2017. Leave for SEMA on the 26th. So less then 6 days..

We planned on painting today, but the new rear bumper keeps showing flaws. 7 cracks so far. Think we fixed it all and sprayed the last bit of primer on it tonight.

Comment

• 2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

• Mask up those wheels dude! A pain to clean up afterwards.
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                        Mask up those wheels dude! A pain to clean up afterwards.
                        Wheels aren't even in the Same building now. Car is up on Jack Stands... lol

Comment

• Glad to hear it! I'll try to keep up with this but work for the summer ends today. (Been using the work phone as I don't have one lmao) I really hope it comes out great and remember wet sanding and buffing matter just as much as spraying lol. Good luck at sema dude, a lot has gone into this, there is absolutely no denying that. Still think the wheels are cool as they are different/not something you'd usually see.
                          2 328i e36's
                          Saabaru linear 2.5na
                          Various projects.
                          sigpic
                          Intro;

Comment

Comment

Comment

• So is everyone here disappointed in the outcome? You should see it once its all back together.

Comment

Working...
                                X