No announcement yet.

2010 Dodge Charger Wide body Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• honestly im really impressed with how this came out. had low expectations going in, but im genuinely impressed with how well it kinda goes together with the truck wheels. will definitely be looking forward to the new ones, when the time comes

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

• Did you place in the top 100 like you wanted to?!

Comment

• Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
        honestly im really impressed with how this came out. had low expectations going in, but im genuinely impressed with how well it kinda goes together with the truck wheels. will definitely be looking forward to the new ones, when the time comes
        Thanks, These will get me through Winter and Spring. Maybe by then I can afford or a nicer set for Show and keep these as Daily's.

Originally posted by Josh16v View Post
        Did you place in the top 100 like you wanted to?!
        They didn't have a Top 100. Someone told me they did, maybe a long time go they did, but not anymore. Now MOTHERS did an Award and SEMA handed a handful out for certain categories. Mainly booth cars.

Just got back yesterday. We have some more work to finished up and a couple things to be fixed and repainted. All simple things. Have to figure out why my HIDs are not working and attach my plastic shields underneath and I can driver it again on the Street. I did do the SEMA Cruise and then took it down LV Blvd. I had to have to loaded back in the Trailer before Dark.
        2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

• Looking through some SEMA Gallery's and found my Car over on HOTROD.com

Comment

• Got the Low Beam HID lights working. Had to get a Relay kit to power them. Now I have to go back and rewire all the Halos, Demon Eyes and HIDs now. Everything is just laying there or taped up with masking tape...lol, Just testing them in the Garage with the lights on. The HIDs don't seem to be as bright as I thought that they would be, but I won't really know tell I get on the road.

So my Current HID set up is.
            2x Diode Dynamics Hylux D2 Ballast $160

CNLight D2S HID Bulbs $40

Morimoto HD Relay Wire Harness $30
            Get the best deals on Car & Truck Parts & Accessories when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands | affordable prices.

Now this was pretty much plug and play all for $230

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
              Between the paint job, truck wheels, bolt on flares, and stick on brake caliper covers, this doesn't do it for me. It looks like a parts dump in search of someone else's approval.

I hope it came out the way you wanted and you enjoy it.
              Pretty much did. Some things I want to change, but overall IMO came out like I was hoping. The Paint job is staying, The Wheels a staying for a bit, Flares will always be bolt on. Never going to change that. The longevity of them, I need them to come off and on easy. I like wide bodies that are full metal work, but they have always looked a little off/odd to me. Specially the fronts. This is basically the LB Wide body for a Challenger that has been modified. last thing the Caliper Covers will leave soon. Working on a Big Brake it. Talking with a couple of Sponsors on that now. If those fall through. Dodge made a BIG brake option mid 2014 BR9 (pursuit) with 14.5in front rotors and 13.8in rear rotors. They are pretty much bolt on it.

Originally posted by brownishwater View Post
              Turned out way better than I expected.

The paint job isn't really my thing, but to each their own.

I think it will look 100x better with some proper wheels, but still turned out pretty well.
              Thanks, Ya some 4k to 5k wheels do make most cars 100x better looking.

Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
              I dig it man, turned out better than a lot of builds on here. Personally I would like to see it a good bit lower but I think everything needs to be lower haha
              Thanks, Been on many forums and 80% or more of build threads never get finished or are not much of a build then just bolt on stuff. With my current Coilovers and Drive way. I'm low as I can go. My front lip barely kisses my driveway right now. When I get a new coilovers, hopefully front Air Cups... I'm drop it another 1/2in and see how it seats. With my AAD Control Arms I can keep my Camber in check pretty good. This is a Daily too. So have to keep that in mind.

Originally posted by The Simps View Post
              I like it. Props to you for how quickly it came together too.
              Thanks to the SEMA Crunch... I would like get to a new better Hood and I need to fix a couple of spots. But all in all. How fast it went together it came out great.

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
              Car looks well sorted here. Still can't stand the paint, would look better in either color just solid. otherwise, yeah. cool.
              Thanks. If my car was any other color from the factory then Black. I would have probably stayed with a solid color. Changing the Color of a car the correct way is so much work. I love all black cars, but all Black would also hide so much of the work done on the frontend. IMO. The Grill and the detail there would have been lost in all the blackness. Maybe I could have changed out all the grill mesh for Aluminum Mesh for a contrast. I may do that next paint job here in a few years.

Originally posted by Asshole Bicycle View Post
              It'd be nice if the front fender flare blended into the bumper a little better. But it looks dope to me.
              I've heard that once before from a buddy. This wide body is made to fit the Stock Bumper not mine. But still doesn't blend in. The front of the front fenders have the same shape as the rear of the rears do. I'm not sure how to blend them in and make them look right thou either. If you have some examples from other WB kits. post em up. I'd love to get more ideas. If it's not to much fiberglass work. I might be able to figure it out.

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
              Really the only thing I'd like to see different would be a different approach to the wide body and wheels. Everything else is good. Kudos.
              Thanks man....

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramrod View Post
                Thanks, Been on many forums and 80% or more of build threads never get finished or are not much of a build then just bolt on stuff. With my current Coilovers and Drive way. I'm low as I can go. My front lip barely kisses my driveway right now. When I get a new coilovers, hopefully front Air Cups... I'm drop it another 1/2in and see how it seats. With my AAD Control Arms I can keep my Camber in check pretty good. This is a Daily too. So have to keep that in mind.
                I feel the pain man, my e36 is my daily, sure is fun though haha
                grimegang_cody on insta if you want to follow my build

Comment

• Originally posted by xxcody2130xx View Post
                  I feel the pain man, my e36 is my daily, sure is fun though haha
                  Oh I love being low, but it is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Here is my Driveway. My new bumper hangs 1in lower then this. My Ez-Lip drags going in everytime. Not sure how long it will last doing that..lol

Comment

Oh I love being low, but it is a pain in the ass sometimes.

Here is my Driveway. My new bumper hangs 1in lower then this. My Ez-Lip drags going in everytime. Not sure how long it will last doing that..lol

Lip will last way longer than you think.
                    I'm sure cody gets this too but my suspension components will bounce off of the road on bumps and scrape nearly flat ground if the spot is crowned bad enough. That's when you gotta start worrying. rubber/plastic will be fine for a while. Honestly, I think a full spray in that blue would be nice. never seen it on a charger before.
                    2 328i e36's
                    Saabaru linear 2.5na
                    Various projects.
                    sigpic
                    Intro;
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• I gotta say, I really applaud your attitude. Even though what you did to your car is not for me, and everybody is telling you that it didn't turn out well, you seem to take the criticism really well. Props to you man!

Comment

• Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                        Lip will last way longer than you think.
                        I'm sure cody gets this too but my suspension components will bounce off of the road on bumps and scrape nearly flat ground if the spot is crowned bad enough. That's when you gotta start worrying. rubber/plastic will be fine for a while. Honestly, I think a full spray in that blue would be nice. never seen it on a charger before.
                        The Blue is B5 Blue. It was a 2008 Dodge Color and was brought back in 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by becausephilchow View Post
                          I gotta say, I really applaud your attitude. Even though what you did to your car is not for me, and everybody is telling you that it didn't turn out well, you seem to take the criticism really well. Props to you man!
                          Thanks, Doesn't bother me much at all. I've looked up some of the ****** builds and their rides and it just makes me laugh.

Comment

• With a set of nice wheels, the car will look many times better.

That being said though, the rear flares look alright, but the fronts look...unfinished? It doesn't flow very well with the bumper.

Comment

The Blue is B5 Blue. It was a 2008 Dodge Color and was brought back in 2015.

I've seen it on a few challengers but not a charger. that would look great.
                              2 328i e36's
                              Saabaru linear 2.5na
                              Various projects.
                              sigpic
                              Intro;
                              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Almost have this back on the road again. Been dicking with these HIDs for to long. Got them working, but odd things with my interior dimmer switch is happening. Going to order one more Anti-Flicker harness and see if that fixes everything. RetroSource thinks it will. Next Time I'm going all LED. If Diode Dynamics wouldn't have Sponsored me for the HID and Bulbs. I'm not sure if I'd make switch.

Comment

Working...
                                X