2010 Dodge Charger Wide body Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
    I really don't understand this at all. They are lights. They have one job, to be seen!

I'd much rather have seen this be a quality build with quality parts instead of, "working with what you got in a short time frame". Take the time and do things correctly instead of rushing and slapping things together.
    Maybe I'm not explaining myself very well. I've been up for over 24hrs now. Tail lights are only seen when brake is applied or running lights/lights are on. Correct....My Lights will a part Paint and part Dark Tint.

See how these are done. These are just Tinted Tail lights. Very Common mod for Chargers. I'm going to paint everything but where the Brake lights actually shine through. With LED brake lights I can run a Darker tint since they are brighter then OEM bulbs. With the Darker Tint and Paint done. Once they are Cleared and polished. It will be hard to see where the paint meets the tinted area. But the Lights will be easily Seen when on or when I hit the brakes.

I'm not sure what non-quality parts I'm slapping together. Just b/c some ones opinion on a set of wheels is different? All the body work is being done correctly, all the fiberglass custom work is top notch and the Paint quality will be Top Level Show quality. We have won many best Paint at some Big Shows. Like Goodguys and NSRA shows.

I'm all for different opinions, that's why all our cars look different. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine. Just check back here and there and watch it come together. Let me see if I can change your mind.
    Last edited by Ramrod; 08-16-2018, 01:50 PM.
    2010 Wide Body Dodge Charger

Comment

Here is a bit of the Design for the Paint.

Comment

I'm all for tinted taillights, just don't get the colour changing lights thing, I see it as a ricer trick. I **** demon eyes on BMW too, white oem angel eyes are meh, red/green are awful to me. But obviously to each their own.

Not judging someone else's taste, your car your build, just honest personal opinions

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

Here are one of my plans for my Center Caps. I'm also going to looking into getting the Lips machined and polished to match the face of the Wheels. If I do that I'll have those / marks removed off the edge as well.

Nice Flat Center Caps polished, with the Mopar Logo centered and painted B5 Blue. The Spiked Lug Nuts will just poke through the Caps. I bought 32 Lug nuts. They where being sold for just $5 more then a 20 pack.

Here is the guy I have making my Center Caps.
          This is the official site for Kempter Kustoms. Addicted to quality. Family-owned. Handmade, high quality trailer hitch covers and more.

Comment

Since I'm shaving the Door handles, it wouldn't be right if I just left the Gas Lid alone..

So I have one these on the way now..
            Number one source for all things mini-moto. OEM and Aftermarket Parts: Honda Grom, Monkey, Ruckus, CRF110, Rebel, SCL500, Trail 125, Super Cub 125, Kawasaki Z125, KTM 390, Benelli, Kymco, Super 73, E Ride Pro, Sur Ron, Talaria and more. Wheels, exhaust, intakes, Suspensions, and Accessories.

Once welded in and painted. It will blend right in.

Comment

2610cc.jpg

> I don't have money for quality stuff

You've been given enough advice above. Save your money until you can do it right.
              Last edited by brownishwater; 08-17-2018, 01:05 PM.

Comment

I like the painted lips, sue me. I still have high hopes for this.
                2 328i e36's
                Saabaru linear 2.5na
                Various projects.
                sigpic
                Intro;
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

Originally posted by brownishwater View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]19429[/ATTACH]

> I don't have money for quality stuff

You've been given enough advice above. Save your money until you can do it right.
                  I don't have money for Bags or 3pcs Wheels that's it.

Tell me actually what parts are not top notch quality or not being done right? Besides the wheels not being 2/3 pcs.

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                  I like the painted lips, sue me. I still have high hopes for this.
                  Thanks, takes a little bit of imagination sometimes. Some just can't see it yet, but they will.

Comment

Progress on the new Hood

Comment

Working on a couple Center Cap designs..

Comment

Everytime I come on this site I like to check this one out very excited for the future

Comment

Yep, cant see the recent pics!
                          My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
                          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Door Fillers from HALO Supercars came in today. Hard to pass these up. Saves so much time and work. At $10 a door. It's cheap..

Comment

Welded in the Halo Supercars Door fillers

Comment

Now I have to drive an ugly car for a couple more Days. Still needs sanded more and smoothed out. Ran out of time and the correct sand paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X