Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Supra Project from N/A Auto to 1JZ/R154

Hello Everyone,

My name is Ed. I am Lithuanian living in London for the past 12 years, Cyber Security, Computer Forensics graduate working in a City as a Networking Engineer.

I have been in to cars all my life, owning like 200sx, r33, soarers, and etc.

I have recently sold my 300zx twin turbo manual and LADA 2103

Still owning and modifying slowly my Current Drift project Soarer 1JZ/R154

Ok enough about old stuff, So here is what i have picked up.

Toyota Supra MK4 N/A Auto - 1994
    1 lady owner garaged since 2005 as thats when the car got imported.
    Car is absolutely rust free underneath is like new, same as in the boot or in the engine bay, I was actually impressed that 25yr old car can look like this, my 300zx 1 owner and 17k original miles had more rust than 220k km supra shell Exterior wise red is faded and lacquer is pealing but thats not a big deal. Every original tool, matts and etc is still in the car including some awesome Toyota sat nav/tv/cd double din still in Japanese.

Modification wise it is pretty stock it has:
    Front Strut bar
    Orginal LSD
    18 inch wheels
    Aftermarket Backbox

Here is a video of us travelling to pick up the car, also every single upgrade is going to be recorded o this car and uploaded on to youtube and pics taken for the forum.

I can imagine the idea of 1JZ and R154 is not everyones taste, but I do love those engines and they are bit more friendly with my pocket

Plans over the summer:
    Full re-spray
    1JZ NON VVTI
    R154 box
    Coilovers
    FMIC
    Alloy Radiator
    Air Intake
    Wheels
    OEM Spats
    OEM Sideskirts
    Front Lip
    Front Seats
    Full overhaul of all arms

Thats what I can think of my head atm, I can imagine there will be plenty more little things.

Here is couple of pics from the day I have picked the car up.

Thank you for reading

Quick update 1jz is in the house just need to rip it out from the red one

Also picking up Cusco coilovers tomorrow.

Comment

Just a quick overview of the build before i start stripping the car apart.

Comment

Here goes a first mod on the supra, picked up used but in perfect condition Cusco jdm coilovers. I still need to adjust them as they are sitting in a similar stock height. Went for a drive next day they feels absolutely amazing, no knocks or bangs also nice as stiff

Comment

Sick, Sub'd.. I've been watching your channel for ages..

I don't think anyone would have a problem a 1j in there..

Comment

I have picked up new wheels for my supra last week, they are Japan Racing JR3 10j all around et25 wheels with semi slicks all around. I will go for a narrower tyres in the front and I need to lower the coilovers aswell, but all of this can be done after the engine conversion

Comment

Finally started working on the engine and gearbox, they are pretty much done besides the wiring and couple of things like removing shifter and gearbox mount for the engine install

Comment

Got the 2jz GE engine out, slowly getting there with the build. Luckily I have sold the engine same day so its not in the way haha

Comment

Excited to see the end result!

Comment

Modified mk3 clutch pedal to mk4 and then got it instaled. Also worked on repining wiring loom from soarer 5 plugs to supra 3 plugs.

Comment

Got the engine installed in to the car and i have done most of the plumbing and wiring. Everything is pretty much straight forward love how everything fits so easily from soarer.

Comment

1JZ GTE is finally running ! The problem was that I have missmatched one of the starter relay pins, but luckily it was an easy fix and i got it running. I Have also installed aftermarket aluminium radiator and heater control valve.

Comment

Got the FMIC installed, now the engine is boost leak free haha, It was super easy to get it installed as it only 4 pipes. The longest bit was to make brakets for the top and bottom of the intercooler.

Comment

Gearbox is full of fresh oil, radiator is bled, clutch pedal is all sorted, wiring is done for the alternator and some other smalls bits ,I am on the final stretch to finish off mechanical bits and go for a test drive

Comment

2JZ GE RPM Gauge does now work with 1JZ GTE because it has different voltage signal, to make this work couple of resistors needs to be bridged to change the voltage, it is very easy and quick job to get the RPM Gauge working in the original cluster

Comment

Working...
                              X