Just another classic benz on bags and wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another classic benz on bags and wheels

Just like the title reads.... here is another classic benz on bags and wheels.... this one happen to be a little bit more rare, since they only made 708 of these.

Last edited by Filnguyen; 04-28-2018, 05:01 PM. Reason: i want to chanve the title

Beautiful car! any details on the "1 of 700"??
    ps i wanna see some rolling shots with the top down

Comment

Originally posted by baluzy36 View Post
      Beautiful car! any details on the "1 of 700"??
      ps i wanna see some rolling shots with the top down
      Well I’m sure if you saw the movie hangover before, then you’ve seen this car. Cabriolet are more rare and sought after then the coupe. Chasis code is going to be w111 but they also make sedans, My particular model is a 300se, made from 62-67, the chasis code changed to w112 cause they came with factory air suspension. Obviously i Changed it out and went custom to go low. Pretty sure I’m the first person crazy enough to do this, since it’s a rare, but idc.

More photos willl come shortly, recently acquired it beginning of this year. Fixing out all the little problems with the car before she hits the road. But promise if people are interested I’ll update this post with more photos and video.
      Last edited by Filnguyen; 04-24-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Follow you in IG. Beautiful car that you are completely ruining...

Just kidding man, I love it. It's just gorgeous.

I always loved the color matched caps... Has anyone done a converted 3 piece with a classic looking color matched center?
        Last edited by KFC ONE; 04-24-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

A beautiful car, a dream of many ...
          Did I see a BMW Z8 parked next to it?

Comment

Thats a 175-200k car in original condition. Even though this is a cool project, I'd be wary of making any irreversible changes.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by KFC ONE View Post
              Follow you in IG. Beautiful car that you are completely ruining...

Just kidding man, I love it. It's just gorgeous.

I always loved the color matched caps... Has anyone done a converted 3 piece with a classic looking color matched center?
              Hahaha thanks man, I sort of have a thing about ruining perfectly good classic cars. I have both style matching hub caps, but it’s sort of played out, and yes there are probably two sets out there that I know of that has been converted to three piece wheels, looks pretty awesome if you ask me. But I plan on going the old school way and widened a set of my steelies and do big white wall tires.

Comment

Originally posted by adacam View Post
                A beautiful car, a dream of many ...
                Did I see a BMW Z8 parked next to it?
                Yes, for sure a dream for a lot of people including myself. Haha you have a good eye, yes that is a z8 but it doesn’t belong to me, that photo was when I flew out of state to the owners house. One of many many many toy cars of his.

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                  Thats a 175-200k car in original condition. Even though this is a cool project, I'd be wary of making any irreversible changes.
                  That sounds about right, these cars do fetch a pretty penny. I didn’t buy this car to store in my garage and let it collect dust. Stock cars are boring, and I can’t take my money with me to the grave so might as well enjoy it while I’m alive.

Maybe I shouldn’t tell to my future plans for this car.... 5.5 amg motor swap, and tons of fabrication to do a body drop on this car.

Comment

Originally posted by Filnguyen View Post
                    I didn’t buy this car to store in my garage and let it collect dust. Stock cars are boring, and I can’t take my money with me to the grave so might as well enjoy it while I’m alive.
                    Good man yourself

Comment

awsome car... love what you have done so far. would like to see more

Comment

Originally posted by Filnguyen View Post
                        That sounds about right, these cars do fetch a pretty penny. I didn’t buy this car to store in my garage and let it collect dust. Stock cars are boring, and I can’t take my money with me to the grave so might as well enjoy it while I’m alive.

Maybe I shouldn’t tell to my future plans for this car.... 5.5 amg motor swap, and tons of fabrication to do a body drop on this car.
                        Your car, money, choice, etc
                        I would suggest chopping up a 220 coupe or vert if you intend to go all wild with it. Would make more sense(to me) money wise.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

yes, would make more sense just to replicate this process with a 220 and just rebadge. If anyone says anything, you have a real example, but kudos for doing something like this. There's a bagged shelby gt in my area that i adore for the same reason, but its not a 100k car lol.

Comment

Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                            awsome car... love what you have done so far. would like to see more
                            Once the car comes back from the mechanic I’ll put everything back together and Put more info of what did to the car with photos.

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
                              Your car, money, choice, etc
                              I would suggest chopping up a 220 coupe or vert if you intend to go all wild with it. Would make more sense(to me) money wise.
                              I could.... but I paid a lot less then trying to buy a 220 cab.

Comment

Working...
                              X