Stance boy is back but in a BMW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance boy is back but in a BMW

Ya boyyyyyyyyyy is back after a solid year or so of not doing car things.

You may remember me from my previous build of a dumb SC300
    IMG_6702

But now Ive joined the side of the bavarians and went out and bought probably the most boring bmw ever. Issa 2006 325xi super mom spec sedan.
    _MG_6570

I kept it stock for a solid long ass time while I decided what I wanted to do with it since I wasn't too sure how crazy I could get with a awd bmw.
    Went out and enjoyed the snow for a bit in it
    _MG_5646

Had some fun driving around downtown Seattle/tacoma doing more street photography than anything.
    _MG_5209

Eventually got bored of it being 10000000% stock so I picked up a set of Style 189s to update the ugly 16s that it had on from factory
    _MG_2912

Drove it around for a while on that setup just enjoying the peppy 215 horsepower that it has. I did end up getting bored with the Xdrive monster truck that it was so I started looking into ways to lower the car a bit (nothing too crazy) but that thought didn't last long. I was dead set on getting some coilovers from Scale Suspension. I had ridden in a few cars that had their coilovers and for their price point they are excellent coilovers. Then I went ahead and quit my job doing warehouse bullshit at Fastenal and decided to pursue my passion of Automotive Detailing. Went out and got a job at Mr. Detail Auto Salon up here in Seattle, which pays considerably more than a warehouse job (relevant info for later). Eventually got tired of commuting about 100 miles a day from Tacoma to Seattle so I went ahead and got a place up here. But before that happened I decided to save my pennies and finally lower the car (this is where the money part comes in). I went ahead and ordered the Airlift 3P kit for this car and got it all installed by Group 2 Motorsports in Magnolia.
    866E1304-8E20-48E6-AB07-190043C39911
    6028F28D-4509-45A6-9F19-826BCE61B33C

Still kept it on the Style 189s for a hot minute while I decided on what wheels I was going to buy for it. Eventually decided on the LAS-R by Rotiform at like 3 in the morning and impulse bought them cause I was bored.
    _MG_5739
    _MG_5756
    _MG_5755
    _MG_5754

The car was not airing down as low as I wanted it too with the 19s on it so I finally got off my butt and wrenched on the suspension with some friends to dial it in and accidentally would the coilovers all the way down. So now the car sits where I want it to for the most part, Just needs some cambies so it'll actually sit fender to lip in the front since it sits on the tire when I air it out at the moment. For now Im happy with how it sits. Next on my list of things to do is some maintenance and order a new front bumper to replace the stock one which doesn't look too bad but looks a little dated for what I want with this car, stay tuned for that since its a juicy bumper that I don't see stateside too often on these cars.
    IMG_4506
    IMG_4512

Thats what I've been up to the last couple years in case y'all were wondering.
    Last edited by SnazzyQ; 04-15-2018, 11:37 AM.

A slightly different choice of wheels... In this case, I say that simple is beautiful and I like it very much.

Comment

Nice and clean, liking it a lot.
      Curious to see what bumper setup you'll be going with.

Comment

Looking good man! If you haven't already done so, pick up some akebono euro-ceramic brake pads. $70 on Rock Auto for the fronts and wayyyy less dust than stock with good performance too.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
        "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
        SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

looking real good, I kind of prefer the 189's though if I am honest...
          Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Pics are showing up weird, look all squashed up!
            My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
              Pics are showing up weird, look all squashed up!
              mine done that at first but if you wait they resize properly.
              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Welcome back man, look forward to seeing it this summer!

@projects_always

Comment

ayyy boi! welcome back, i was wondering what ever happened to you haha

Originally posted by BozoBubble
                  Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

ay boy, welcome back!

Comment

dang, been a minnnn! know you've had this for a while on Instagram but glad to see you've come to the dark side and swooped a euro look forward to seeing this thing done up properly

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Nice to see you back homie

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Originally posted by Benwalsh91 View Post
                          looking real good, I kind of prefer the 189's though if I am honest...
                          Thank you! The wheels aren't for everyone lmao. I like em though

Originally posted by cblock406 View Post
                          Welcome back man, look forward to seeing it this summer!
                          Hell yeah! Ill be at the Leavenworth drive this year again!

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                          ayyy boi! welcome back, i was wondering what ever happened to you haha
                          Ya boy decided to adult for a little bit before doing car things lmao.

Originally posted by oprahhwinfreyy View Post
                          ay boy, welcome back!
                          Heck yes thank you! Its been too long tbh

Originally posted by Kinghorn View Post
                          dang, been a minnnn! know you've had this for a while on Instagram but glad to see you've come to the dark side and swooped a euro look forward to seeing this thing done up properly
                          Euro mom sedan boooyyyysssssss

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
                          Nice to see you back homie
                          Truuuuuuuuuuuu its been a while

Also I polished the car cause I got bored and took some photos
                          _MG_5807
                          _MG_5815
                          _MG_5814

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
                            Hell yeah! Ill be at the Leavenworth drive this year again!
                            Oh word, I shall see you there then player! Heading up from San Diego for my second year in a row with a decent size convoy haha, lets link and set up a shoot!

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

Damn man when is the Leavenworth drive?
                              Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                              X