Aren't these Miata builds getting old? | '92 Mazda Miata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aren't these Miata builds getting old? | '92 Mazda Miata

Hello again, from cold and snowy Norway.
    Back again with a new "build", and this time a Mazda Miata.

We'll start it off with a little resume:

My first real build was a B6 1.8TQ. Nothing too crazy, got it "low" on 18x10s. S4 bumpers, wing, sideskirts etc.

Decided to try something else, and bought a fairly mint Miata NA8. Got it lowered etc, was a fun car.

Along with this red Miata, I bought myself a VW Caddy "daily" - this turned out to be my main project, as the Miata got neglected.

Decided to sell everything again, and bought myself a mint 2005 B6 1.8TSQ with full S-line etc. Got this slammed on coilovers with 18x9.5&10.5s.
    Best car I've ever owned, and I regret selling this to this day.

However, I decided to sell it to prioritize buying a house and I needed the money to get my loan. So I bought a sensible daily.
    '12 VW Caddy 1.6TDI. This is still my daily.

Of course this aswell got lowered. You will probably see more of this car throughout the thread.

Okay, enough bragging - you came here for a Miata build, didn't you?

Took a flight to the other side of the country and picked this up. Had some more rust than I expected and knew of, so got a crazy good deal.

Alot time went into renovating my newly bought house, so the Miata was put in the garage and yet again - this was also neglected.

Moved to our workshop, where it also got lowered. Unfortunately I went with TA Technix because I got them for cheap - they'll have to do for this season. Will change it up for BCs with custom springrates.

Also bought a set of 2-piece BBS RM002. These will be rebuilt.

Went with a set of Sparco Chrono Sport seats. A new hub and quick-release has arrived, I'll have to decide for what steeringwheel I'd like. Probably a deep dish Sparco to match the seats.

So this is where we're at today. I bought a hardtop, and my rear overfenders finally arrived. Reason for overfenders is the rust I mentioned earlier - right rear fender is rusted away, and this is the best solution imo. These are NUE 40mm overfenders from Rev9Autosport.

NB: OMP Seats mounted on these pics was sold as they didn't fit.

Now we're up to date - future plans is:
    - Cut my fenders and make the overfenders fit perfectly. Would like to make them flush aswell.
    - Build my wheels - 15x9 ET0 with 3" lip, and 15x11 ET-25 with 5" lip. New paint, bolts and BBS caps.
    - Full respray. Not sure about colour yet, but I'm feeling a colourchange.
    - Mount my low profile headlights, some small engine mods, paint my rear lamps, order GV lips ++.
    - Steeringwheel - Sparco deep dish maybe?
    - Manzo Exhaust?

Still a lot to do, but hopefully I'll be ready for the season!
    I'm sorry for various picture quality, I will stop taking mobile pictures and use my Canon camera.
    Thanks for watching, I'll keep you updated
    Last edited by Nardo; 02-27-2018, 02:43 AM.

Looks promising! Good choice on the BBS. In for more
    IG @Hansolbakken

Comment

I like Miata's... That said, can you do me a huge favor and measure your anti-swaybar (front) front center to center of the swaybar link? I'm trying to figure out if a Miata swaybar will work on my little Ford Courier. Been unable to find the measurements online.

Comment

Miatas are awesome and don't let anybody tell you otherwise lol looking forward to seeing those wheels fitted!

Comment

Thank you, guys! Much appreciated.

First of all, my daily van got some new rims;

And I started diving into my rust problems. Started hacking up the fender, and it appeared to be a lot more than expected. Good thing I bought the overfenders, eh?

So, I finally got to work!

I will have to do some last trimming and waterproofing before I'm satisfied enough to post a picture - but I testfitted the overfenders once again and testfitted my BBS RMs.

Rear fitment will be pretty perfect. I have yet to lower 7cm more, and adjust some camber. Plan is however to poke in the rear.

This week, I'll be picking apart the Miata, and ship it off to paint on sunday. I really can't wait for the end result!
          Oh yeah btw, I had to go with a 4.5" (15x10.5) on my RMs, as I couldn't find any 5" lips with fast delivery. A mate had some 4.5s I bought stupid cheap. Just ordered some 3" lips for the fronts, however I'm not worried about making these fit. Pretty confident I will tuck/flush them. Want to run my fronts pretty flush.

Will keep you updated after this weekend with some pictures from picking apart the car, and shipping it off for paint. Again, I'm terribly sorry about the iPhone pictures.
          Last edited by Nardo; 03-20-2018, 02:59 PM.

Comment

"dis gonna be gud"

Comment

Working...
            X