This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upper peninsula e28 535i!

I've haunted these forums awhile so I figured I should join and say hey before I get too far into the build.

(Re-posting some of the following from my mye28 thread from last summer) Wanted an e30 for a couple years but this e28 fell in my lap. Picked it up with a spotless title and a few dents, and no rust to speak of. Turns out it has the LSD, the PO literally did a burnout in his yard (?!) to show me both tires could spin!

Considering that the car only has 122xxx miles, I wouldn't say $1200 was a bad deal. Especially in northern Michigan (any fellow enthusiasts up in the UP?). I love the car to death already, looks great beside my e46!

Some pics, pardon the filth!

This rustic shot almost makes me not want to restore it...

Not a fan of the diving boards so...

As far as plans for this car, I see way too many "perfect" e28s on Instagram to want to follow the status quo. Probably going to be a pretty controversial build if/when it's finished that will make some purists mad.
    I want to go widebody with Clinched Classic flares.
    I want to roll on Godspeed Mono RS coilovers for budget reasons. Haven't heard any users have any problems with them.
    I have a lip from a Chevy Colorado that I plan to install.
    I'm going to flip the centers on a set of Style 5's for some unnecesarily stupid low offset and probably widen the rears.
    I **** the stock rear bumper so I'm probably going to install one from an e34.
    I want to repaint in either Nardo Grey or Ferrari's Grigio Medio, which a few newer M cars have been painted in via the BMW Individual program.
    Down the road I plan to do a budget Holset turbo setup.

But at this point I'm just doing what I can to make the car rock-solid reliable. I'm taking it on a 3k road trip in late April.

Why did the word h a t e get censored??

Comment

Awesome dude! I love E28s, one of my favorite BMWs

Comment

Working...
      X