People still build E36s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fackinsteve View Post
    I had my friend cut and weld the toe brackets to essentially push the trailing arm to move the toe outwards. When running low camber at this height there is a lot of toe in which kills tires in drift. I think if you go back to the first page I briefly posted about it
    Well fuck me I went back to check before asking stupid questions but completely missed it and asked stupid questions indeed.
    Thanks alot tho, will definitely copy that

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

This is V good. The motor looks great all freshened up.

Comment

Awesome progress!
        Nice work on the headliner too

Comment

Still want an E36 so badly, and this is a fine example. Strong work!

Scottish idiot with an unhealthy E39 obsession... @scumbag_mike

Comment

Regrettably, a lot has changed since the last post. It all started the day after this past post here when I was headed into work and caught a patch of black ice. I spun into oncoming traffic and collided with another vehicle head on. Due to some complications I had to part out the car to get back any sort of cash, which really took its toll on my motivation.

One of my SSR's also took a hit

After the teardown here is what I was left with

This car however I was still eager to finish but just with everything going on, it took a lot out of me

I took the cool stuff off of the car, replaced it with stock suspension and listed it for sale.

I found a car to "replace" it with however, but my good intentions were soon disrupted by the old faithful rust

Finding that rust started with these wheels.

I originally bought these wheels about two and a half years ago for my S10. I rebuilt them and sold them to my friend in NJ to fund my white car's build. I was eager to go drifting and this was ticket in because I knew that if I even test fitted them, I would never see a track. After my friends found out I was having a child, they all pitched their hard earned money together to buy these wheels back for me. I was so shocked and still can't believe it. It was when I went to install them that the car fell through the jack stand, and killed my motivation once again.

I am currently working a deal out right now for another clean shell to start with. The idea is to take everything from this Daytona M3 and transfer it over to a deserving shell. So this is where I am at, I took a brief break to focus on my daily driver which I will have a thread for soon enough also. But I am in no hurry to complete this car like I have been with every other project. This will be the representation of what I have loved about these cars for so long

@fackinsteve ; fackin build thread :
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ill-build-E36s

Comment

Sad for the white car, it's always a pity seeing projects go away unfinished
              Also bummed for your accident, good thing you are ok.

Looks like you have awesome friends tho, good luck with the new project, I'll follow

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

New project/rust bucket actually looks really neat. Shame. In for the new new though. Beautiful cars.
                2 328i e36's
                Saabaru linear 2.5na
                Various projects.
                sigpic
                Intro;
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

I usually don't tend to burn through cars, but for some reason I piss through E36s. I've had 5 in 2 years and in a few days I'm picking up my 6th. This is the last one though. It should move along fairly quickly

Comment

If you're going to cannibalize the Daytona, I need brakes haha. Seriously though good luck with the reshell. Trying to get a second e36 myself. Bavarian bankruptcy
                    2 328i e36's
                    Saabaru linear 2.5na
                    Various projects.
                    sigpic
                    Intro;

Comment

The white car was looking good, can't wait to see what you're going to reshell the purple one with
                      1999 BMW M3
                      2002 Lexus IS300
                      2016 VW GTI
                      Wrong Fitment Crew #391

Comment

What're you going to do with the wheels you took off of it? They look pretty snazzy
                        2 328i e36's
                        Saabaru linear 2.5na
                        Various projects.
                        sigpic
                        Intro;

Comment

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                          What're you going to do with the wheels you took off of it? They look pretty snazzy
                          They're sold I will be using the M3's brakes as well

Originally posted by RuhRohh View Post
                          The white car was looking good, can't wait to see what you're going to reshell the purple one with
                          Thanks, I hope it works out. Should have an update soon

Comment

Dang. Even 3 series brakes for cheap would be cool. keep us updated man. Tons of interest in this build.
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;

Comment

So I guess this is where things are starting "fresh."

This is the new car. Lets start off by saying it needs a fair amount of work done to it to be considered road worthy in my eyes. The car was setup for drifting which is fine, as it comes with new E46 LCAs, condor engine mounts, and I think a few other misc. things. We worked out an arrangement where he is keeping his seats, steering wheel, wheels, harness bar, and coilovers. But I might decide to buy the coilovers off of him since they are like new Broadway Statics, which would suit the car nicely.

Immediate plans:

Fix broken motor mount arm
                              Swap the interior from the M3
                              Make sure maintenance is up to date
                              Determine coilovers (the M3 is on PSS9's)
                              Fit the M3 exterior bits
                              Get smaller tires for the RF's

Long term plans:

Swap full M3 drivetrain into car
                              Re-upholster the Vaders
                              Black carpet (M3 has grey carpet)
                              Polish the RF faces
                              Euro bits
                              Respray

The car is a clean start compared to all of my other E36s, it is originally from Florida and I live in Massachusetts so rust is always prevalent. I'm not the biggest fan of Boston Green, but I will make it work. Hopefully this turns out alright

Comment

Boston green looks so good, you're gonna love it trust me!

Good luck with this fresh start

Comment

Working...
                                X