Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds very interesting, the last pics aren`t showing up for me too

Comment

Ha! Weird I can’t see my own pics.��. My new front springs came today. My new shocks should be here Friday. If all goes well, this weekend I will install all that. Still not sure about the wheels I have. Found some others I like. Also second guessing the light blue paint I was planning. Leaning towards olive drab and The sharks teeth logo and eye behindbyhe frintvwheels.1D7ABA51-A2B6-4AA5-9515-51119AFBE8D0.jpg. I like these wheels instead of the aluminum GM spares I was gonna use. I’d stretch a tire on these. They are 15x8s and seem more appropriate for the year of the truck. 53EF6992-6BDC-4E54-AEEC-D793EC0DC75D.jpg

Comment

Holy grammar errors.... Sorry I’m on my phone and the screen is all cracked tonshut... and can’t see half of what my thumbs are typing.

Comment

One more time23B27302-BB84-4B64-AF04-53D9743F1551.jpg89C0D7CB-3C37-489E-94BA-18F2123D35CD.jpg849259E1-0419-43F2-BF6A-92C026757CDD.jpg
          The other wheelsC9915A34-0219-4A7A-8B41-29FF3B82F823.jpg

Comment

Not much today... Looked at the truck sitting in the yard and noticed when the plow company came to clean up snow last Sunday they blew snow at my truck and shot pebbles and shit all over it. Worst of all pitted the windshield! been trying to get ahold of them for two days now. Fuckers. Better be paying for my windshield. Ordered tires today and wheel spacers. Still hoping to get new springs in Saturday and steering parts. Oh and I ordered new shocks too. One came today (odd) the other supposedly will show Saturday. Meh... Still on the fence about those Blazer wheels. Mostly cuz I don't have the funds. If they don't sell by next paycheck I will pick them up. That's the first of next month though soooo... In the mean time, those GM 16's will go on with the 2" spacers. As soon as teh weather clears up, this thing is getting painted.

Comment

Good looking for the truck men !

Comment

Originally posted by SBoby View Post
                Good looking for the truck men !
                Thanks it will look better painted and with the new wheels and tires. Saturday I installed new springs from an 81' mustang that were cut down (coils removed) also new shocks and upper and lower ball joints. What a differents in ride quality! I may need to cut about another 1/4 to half of coil. I will see when I get the new wheels and tires on. HOPEFULLY this coming weekend. So it seems as though the only way I can get pictures to load on here is to load them onto mt instagram account and then load them on here. I'm using and Iphone so that must be why.

Comment

So this happened. New (used wheels), tires are 195/45R16 front, 205/45R6 rear. A bit more low in front, and 2” spacers. Good weekend. I want a bigger swaybar up from. It dives a bit still into turns. Also needs more turning radius. I am very skeptical cutting and welding the spindles. Advice? Also needs outer tie rod ends and an alignment.
                  188CACF8-1A09-45E8-9147-8DBA4DC83929.jpg
                  Last edited by rab71; 02-25-2018, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Comment

Nice truck. Please don't do olive drab with sharks teeth on this. Go baby blue. It'll look so much better.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                        Nice truck. Please don't do olive drab with sharks teeth on this. Go baby blue. It'll look so much better.
                        Thanks much. Yeah, I'm not going to do the olive drab thing. I came to my senses. Had a brain fart.

Comment

Here's a little start and current.

IMG_E7758[1].jpg

Comment

Just a recap, so far I have put on new fenders up front, fixed the rear frame and lowered the rear with 3" blocks. I installed new upper and lower ball joints and new sway-bar end-links. I had originally installed 1976 Mustang II cut springs but the ride was too soft for me and would bottom out. So I looked up later model 1981 Mustang springs and compared to courier factory. The 81' mustang springs are stiffer which is exactly what I wanted. I cut and installed them (the ride is perfect). New heavy duty shocks up front as well. Also built exhaust to exit all the way out the back from an old 1967 mustang exhaust I had laying next to the house the last few years. (That made my wife happy ) Lastly I have installed the 2001-07 GM spare tire wheels with 195/45r16 up front and 205/45r16 out back. It needs a stereo... Also needs a larger front sway-bar and a panhard bar. Paint will come when the weather gets better. Anyone built their own sway-bar?

IMG_7764[1].jpg

Comment

this weekend, I removed the big farm truck mirrors filled the holes (by welding them in) and the using filler to skim coat over. It's not done yet as you can see in the pics but the small sporty mirrors are a step in the right direction. I also started cleaning up the engine bay. I removed the EGR system, opened up the air cleaner by removing the snorkel looking thing and drilled some holes in it. An proceeded to start cleaning. I am unsure what all this black stuff is everywhere but under it is clean blue paint. It looks as if someone sprayed oil all over and then let it sit to collect dirt!

I am picking up another Mazda 2.0 and plan on rebuilding that. I'm thinking I will raise the compression port the head, build a header and intake. I'd like to run dual weber side drafts. I'll pick up the motor in two weeks. I was at my storage unit today. I may put my bench seat back in. If I reupholster it that would look nice. will see, these buckets are comfy but don't match the truck. Who knows. If anyone has any knowledge with these older Mazda motors lay it on me.

The weather was great this weekend and today we are getting a blizzard. Fucking Wisconsin weather... Just when I start thinking about painting the truck too... Oh... I hat built a solid motor mount for this ting too, (the rubber was torn) turns out THAT is a BAD idea. I have built solid mounts for several cars and never had issues. This thing would vibrate SO bad I immediately turned around, came home and cut it apart. I will just order new mounts.

HDIY1072[1].jpg DNMC3578[1].jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X