Widebody 2nd gen Lexus GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widebody 2nd gen Lexus GS

Long time lurker. Here is a condensed synopsis of my build that I have been working on for the last 8 years or so on and off (I'm slow). Started on some 2 piece momo gtr's. 19x8 fronts and 19x9 rears. Had the usual clublexus mods, Replica Junction produce trunk spoiler, ebay roof wing, replica TTE front lip, led taillights, and hid headlight conversion kit.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 09:52 PM.

Here is a larger pic.

Then I got some Maya GR5's. Ran a 225/35 on a 20x9+30 and 245/35 on a 20x10.5+29. They were originally chrome and all bent up. I got them straightened and stripped and then I polished and painted them.
    Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I really liked the 20's but I commuted like 50-60 miles a day at the time and they eventually got bent again. I didn't want to deal with that anymore so I sold them and bought some terrible Asantis as spare wheels to hold me over. These were 19x9 and 19x10.

Comment

Next up, I finally found a set of wheels that I had been wanting. SSR GT3's. They were originally 19x8.5 and 19X10, but I rebuilt them to 9.5 (+30)/11 (+24) with 235/35 fronts and 255/35 rears.

I also had some mufflers welded up to look similar to 5Zigen Mega Fireballs. At this point I was pretty happy with the car and thought I was relatively done.

Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 10:41 PM.

Comment

I got bored and added some other bits. I made my own front splitter (that was terrible) and rigged up a rear diffuser setup. I eventually replaced the front bumper with an aunthentic Wise Sports bumper. Not many of those made it to the states. I also retrofitted a new set of headlights with projectors and switched to Extreme Dimensions sideskirts. Don't even buy anything from those guys, the skirts fit terrible and I had to extend them and do a bunch of work to get them to fit. The only thing that bothered me was that the rear wheels would rub the fenders on large dips at high speed. I had already shaved the fenders and the camber was as much as I was willing to live with. It looked nice to me though, even with the old man gold paint. Part of me really wish I would have kept this look.
          Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 10:35 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah, somewhere during all of this I decided to buy a Serialnine widebody kit in 2013. Procrastinated until 2016. By then, someone had backed into the front of my car and damaged the driver side headlight, OEM fender, and my Wise bumper. I backed into something and damaged the OEM rear bumper. Two choices at that point, let the car stay crappy or actually install the kit. Never did anything like that, but it can't be too bad, right?
            Front end off.

Front fenders on.

Cut and welded rear fenders.

Rear fenders on, Version Select rear bumper, and new sideskirts from the JDM OEM optional lip kit.

Comment

Of course I decided that I wanted the rear fenders and the bumper caps molded so I then spent a number of months working on that when I had time.

Wanted a carbon fiber vented hood but that was going to be like $1000 so instead I bought some rear fender vents from the C7 corvette and molded those into my OEM hood. Also built a new set of headlights, because who doesn't love doing things twice?

I did all of the prep work, bought the paint, and just dropped it off at a painter. The car is not flawless but its fine for a little daily driver. I ended up repainting it BMW Monte Carlo Blue from the F10 M5.
              Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 10:38 PM.

Comment

And here is the current state. I test fitted the rear wheels with spacers to see what I need to rebuild them to. Looks like I'll be going conservative since the roads are bad. This is what 19x10.5 (+12) & 19x12.5 (+5) should fit like. I planning to run a little less stretch and camber once the wheels are rebuilt.

Last edited by honeybadger; 01-09-2018, 10:39 PM.

Comment

sick! looks like an awesome DD. love the c7 vents

Comment

this is real nice! luxury daily cruiser.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

The C7 vents were a great idea! Great job, the car looks fantastic, I love the color choice.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
                      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
                      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

looking good. Props for sticking with it, 8 years is a long time! but the new color and widebody look fantastic!

Comment

PLS BAG IT... this thing is screaming for it. The blue looks awesome.

Comment

Looks baller!
                            sigpic
                            Follow Me on TikTok & IG: Eric_Thiergood

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys. I went back and forth between blue, dark teal/aqua, and green a lot. I settled on blue since its my son's favorite color. Next plans are rebuild the wheels and hopefully get my big brakes on. After that probably sit on my hands and try not to buy a GTE motor. I'm not planning on bags but maybe a cup kit since my front bumper is low and long.
                              Last edited by honeybadger; 01-11-2018, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X