X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Road Trip Car Rental Help

Hello all,

some of you that know me on a more personal level and follow me on social media know that I am coming over in 2018 for 90 days for my honeymoon!! exciting times ahead.

Basically I gave the Mrs to be full reign on the wedding planning (within a budget that got completely thrown out the window by her. but this is my life now clearly!!) on the understanding that I could plan the honeymoon!!

She wanted to go sit on a beach somewhere I said HELL NO! we are doing coast to coast, looked at what we can do in terms of VISA for your country and the longest we could get was 90 days. so that was that it was time to plan an adventure!

I will happily give people more information on my trip and my planned route and stops etc but to the main point...

I was looking at options in regards to getting across your beautiful country I have thought about shipping my E36 touring over there but being 22 years old and not 25 I was going to run into some issues with registering it and I just don't want any hassle whilst I am over there and imagine the ballache if I was to get there and the car was in an impound lot or crushed or not being allowed to be on the roads.

so I thought about buying something out there, I loved this idea but the thought was what could I realistically get and remember this would be either given away at the end of the trip or try to sell which again would be hassle and more than likely an older car I don't want to have to worry about issues of it breaking down and/or it being uncomfortable.

so onto my final thought... renting a car. meh, boring I know but I feel like it will keep the woman happy and "happy wife happy life" remembering I am going to be in a car for 90 days and we all know what woman can be like...

So, I want to know if anyone can help me out or give me some suggestions I am looking to land around 10th September 2018 (give or take a couple of days) in Atlanta and drive this across country to California. I need to rent a car for around 2 and a half months and drop it off in San Francisco, from San Francisco I will be flying up to New York and seeing New York and some of New England area... I know this is an odd way of doing it but I have my reasons.

My budget is circa £3,000 ($4,000) I want something nice and comfy to drive in be a little exciting at times. I don't want to be stuck with some lame Hyundai compact thing (no offence to anyone who has one I am sure they have something good about them, but probably not).

Here is a photo of our route, I am sorry its a photo I took off my phone of my laptop screen but its all I got so that's all you get.

Untitled by ben walsh, on Flickr
    Last edited by Benwalsh91; 12-19-2017, 09:51 AM.
    Instagram - Benwalsh91

You can borrow my super reliable m3 hahah
    Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
      You can borrow my super reliable m3 hahah
      This sounds like a Top Gear, or now Grand Tour challenge to me
      Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

How old are you? Some companies will charge extra if you're under 25.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

dont rent.

youve got a little time to sort it out, maybe find someone at your end destination that is looking to buy something in atlanta. I live in Atlanta and can help you find something.
          I dont know if you can buy something and register it here unless you have an address, but if you buy anything 25y or older, it will not need emissions testing, so it will be a lot easier to get a license plate

Last edited by duct-tape; 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
            dont rent.

youve got a little time to sort it out, maybe find someone at your end destination that is looking to buy something in atlanta. I live in Atlanta and can help you find something.
            I dont know if you can buy something and register it here unless you have an address, but if you buy anything 25y or older, it will not need emissions testing, so it will be a lot easier to get a license plate

Yeah don't do this.

Rent a car through one of the agencies, you can usually get mustangs/camaros without much effort at all. Both comfortable fun and offer enough storage for two. National/Enterprise both have luxury options, as does Hertz. Look into what they can do for you. May even be worth calling them and seeing if you can reserve a specific car. If you're under 25, you won't really be able to rent much of anything exciting.

Source: I travel over 100 days a year every year for work, and rent cars all the time. I'm well versed in this.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

This changed into a really acceptable submit. car prosperity is the exam and routine concerning plan, improvement, equipment, and the way to confine the occasion and aftereffects of car wounds. street diversion prosperity the greater part of the more prominent exhaustively contains roadway diagram. things are exceptionally open and to a great degree clear legitimization of issues.
              Assignment Service | Do my Assignment For Me

Comment

Not sure if this thread is still relevant, but just wanted to add that I always used Rentalcars.com for my US road trips. And yes, you can rent there something fancy (Mustang, Camaro etc.) - however more often than not, there was no option to book specific make/model (which practically leaves you with anyone from the trio: Mustang, Camaro, Challenger).

Comment

Originally posted by duct-tape View Post
                  dont rent.

The links have expired
                  You can use "sixt rent car service" its on atlanta here is there phone number if you need any more info +1 404-698-4779
                  The Cue Zone : Check best cues for your pool table.
                  10 pool table brands : check the best pool table brands.

Comment

Hey guys, i was in contact with tons of rental companies and they all wanted extortionate amounts of money for a rental as there was high taxs and fees wanting to pick up in Cali and then drop off on the East coast they didn't like it! to get anything remarkably decent it was around $5,000 and i just didn't want to sink that much into the rental, also, i am 27.

I have ended up buying a car to do the trip in which i am super excited about!! there is a thread with all the details of the trip in "The Showroom" i will paste the link below if you are interested!!

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.
                    Instagram - Benwalsh91

Comment

Working...
                    X