The Root Beer Bull

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Root Beer Bull

So for those who didn't notice my other thread I used to own a 2004 hyundai tiburon. To make a long story short it was totaled after hitting a deer. I decided to not buy it back and opted for something newer. Didn't really plan on buying a Taurus SHO but it fits all my needs. Definitely look forward to having fun with this thing. It is nice to be in a car with some horsepower, and comfort features.

24900059_10210749712488011_2871961145758623836_n.jpg
    24852436_10210749711207979_190461736061696828_n.jpg
    25152190_10210749711727992_122669108691549925_n.jpg
    24991434_10210749712648015_3082795505491914709_n.jpg
    25158384_10210749712768018_7524824397742582091_n.jpg

Plans as of now are to get some of the imperfections on the paint taken care of. The dealership did a pretty poor job of getting this car ready for being sold. I did get a decent price so I mean it's what ever. I just wouldn't sell anything half assed that's associated with my name.

Comment

A good detail inside and out goes a long way. Congrats on the purchase, I've heard of people getting some pretty good power out of these things, interested to see where this leads.

"Emmaline" B8.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro 6MT Build Thread
      "Ophelia" MK7.5 Volkswagen GTI SE Performance 6MT Build Thread

MKIV Volkswagen Golf GLS 2.0 5MT Coming Soon to a Forum Near You

RIP "Effy" E60 BMW 530xi 6MT [N52] Build Thread
      SOLD"Adéline"B5 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro 5MT Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by 19birel View Post
        A good detail inside and out goes a long way. Congrats on the purchase, I've heard of people getting some pretty good power out of these things, interested to see where this leads.
        Yeah the inside is pretty clean just a very few areas that could use a touch up. I spoke with one a co worker of mine who does auto paint. He said a lot of the stuff I am concerned with can be buffed out.

Comment

Only thing new at the moment is I had the mufflers deleted. I was surprised how little cabin drone it has. I am usually not one to skimp on modifications but I really didn't want to spend $1600 on an exhaust. Plus I got the itch to do something to it. I am rather happy with the exhaust tone. I can hear the turbos spooling now, so that's a plus. I've also got a set of H&R spring ordered. I really want to get some new wheels and tires on before any events.

Comment

So I went with lowering springs because bags are out of my budget. I am surprised how much I like springs over coilovers. The car handles sooooo much better now. I am definitely happy with this choice.

Anyways I had a chance to put the bull to work over the weekend. This car feels so planted I never worry about sliding in this boat.

So snaps I got of the mountain and road conditions.

I also ordered some new wheels. They should be finished and shipped by the end of the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Code AiR View Post
              I like springs over coilovers. The car handles sooooo much better now

Comment

Originally posted by brownishwater View Post
                I had coilovers on my old hyundai (here). So springs are new for me. I like the ride quality a lot more than coilovers. But to be fair I did have Megan Racing coilovers. So I am not sure how well a set of Teins, or Bilstein handle.

Comment

oh nice to see a SHO on here, I have a '13.

Did the springs help at all with the understeer? Ride height looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Blumagic View Post
                    oh nice to see a SHO on here, I have a '13.

Did the springs help at all with the understeer? Ride height looks good
                    Oh nice! Yeah it helped a lot with under steer and body roll as well. IMO it probably eliminated 60-70% body roll. I take a back road every day from home to work so I get plenty of corner time.

Comment

I think it could be a little lower. I am not "really" happy with the height but it's my daily so I don't rub and have full function. So it is what it is. The space in the rear is really bugging me with my new Roti's. Wheel specs; f20x8.5 / r20x10 .... Tire specs; f255/45/20 and r275/40/20

Last edited by Code AiR; 03-07-2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Comment

Here are some better pictures I took over the weekend. I had to detail her and fix some things (broken bumper bracket, and drop in a K&N filter) for Riverside Chattanooga.

Comment

I'm a big fan of SHO's from the factory. But the new wheels make the car look so much better. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                            X