This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1987 BMW E30 / RoyalBlau / Kentucky

Its a 1987 325. Royal Blue. Automatic. 211,xxx miles. (Not currently looking at the odometer)
    Im asking $5000 for the car.

The current state of the car has the IS Valance on it. Some of the photos are from the past, so keep that in mind.
    033A7018

033A7010

033A7026

033A5251

033A5246

033A4924

BMW

1987 BMW 325

After Cleanup

After Cleanup

OEM+

Im the third owner. Both owners before me kept a lot of records of work done which I have now in a binder.

Ive owned the car for about 3 years now. When I bought it, it was completely stock except for the OEM stereo wiring had been adapted for an aftermarket head unit.
    Ive spent a TON of timing cleaning on the car and trying to make things look better, cosmetically and aesthetically.

Since I've owned this car, it has been my project, garage kept, and really only driven on the weekends if its nice out. The car has never broke down on me and left me stranded. There was a time where a spark plug was loose and worked its way out of the block. Those plugs have since been replaced with NGK plugs.

There hasn't been anything mechanically on this car keep me from driving it ever.

I haven't touched the drivetrain at all other than basic maintenance jobs like oil changes, the plugs and wires, swapped the open OG diff with an OEM 3.73 LSD, and the trans pan gasket and filter.

I haven't had to have any motor work done, but I do have all new timing belt, water pump, cam seal, thermostat, etc.. to go on for preventative maintenance purposes. No cooling issues, no misfiring issues. Sometimes depending on how cold the motor is, the RPMS will drop when shifting into reverse and back to drive. I suspect the ICV needs a good cleaning.

I have all new brembo rotors, ceramic pads, and stainless steel lines from condor speed shop as well, just not installed yet. The transmission likes to be warmed up. If its cold and you immediately get on it, it likes to makes its way up to 4k rpms before it wants to shift into second. All shifting after that initial shift is normal. Suspension is all good, no worries there. I replaced pretty much every suspension component on the front, and the rear shocks and springs in the rear, then had it aligned at a dealership. Wheels are clean and only have minor curb rash but if kept clean, its hard to notice. Tires were bought new. No "rolling" issues, meaning alignment, tire balance, and bearings etc.. are all fine.

Interior is pretty nice. Like i said, i spent a lot time removing everything and cleaning it, which you can see in the build thread. Dash has a few crack lines on it. The OBC screen acts weird. The other computer thing up top by the mirror works fine. All dash mechanisms and lights work. The passenger side seat reclining bracket is broke, which is a pretty common problem with E30s I think. It reclines like it should, but if you pull the lever it will fall backwards. You just have to pull the lever and place the seat back where you want it and then let the lever go. Aftermarket JVC stereo installed, OEM Alpine speakers. Sunroof works both ways. Power mirrors and windows work. All the A/C controls work, but the blower motor resistor needs replaced. The A/C does blows ambient air on cold and hot heat on hot. All the a/c components work, but the fluid leaks out overnight after a charge. I think the lines to the dryer need replacing. I haven't worried about the A/C so I haven't looked at it too much.

Trunk still has all its lining. Missing OEM jack.

I believe the car has been resprayed at some point in the OG royalblau color. Small area of clear coat is thinning out on the back C pillars. Small knick on the roof. Some scratches on the hood. smudges on the passenger fender. It has a fresh coat of paint on the driver side fender, which you can see in the build thread. Im working on getting the IS valance painted and the fogs installed. Theres a few quarter sized rust spots on the passenger side rear fender. A few small spots where the OEM jack would be in the trunk. And the side skirts on both side have two small lines of rust on them. You see that in photos maybe.

Electrically, everything works.

So thats brakes, motor, trans, wheels, interior, exterior, electrical for you.

Everything done to this car, has been done since I've owned it.

Which means everything is about 2000 miles / 3 years old on it. I've driven it mostly around towns and on highways between cities. But I have driven the interstate multiple times as well.

Oh, fluids.
    Power steering and coolant don't leak.

Oil drips small drops from the oil pan gasket which could use a replacement.
    A few small drops of trans fluid from a hardline going into the front of the pan. It doesn't leak enough for me to think about replacing it. I check the fluid levels every-time I drive it. Sometimes I have to add a tad bit of oil or trans fluid. But again, this could a span of a month at times because I only drive it on nice weekends.

Its never had any issues starting, running, or stopping.

Im pretty OCD with the car so I've tried to keep everything I can as clean as possible with what means and what time I have.

This is a little list i have been writing out. It should give you a good idea for things Ive done or bought. Im sure theres a few things missing that I'm not remembering.

Bumper Tuck
    IS Valence with OG brackets & Fog Lights (OG "E" Valence and Fog Lights Included)
    Euro Plate
    Clear Turn Signal Lenses
    Ireland Engineering Ignition Wire Upgrade
    New Air Filter
    NGK Spark Plugs
    New Power Steering Reservoir & Hoses
    New Valve Cover Gasket and Camshaft End Plugs
    New Throttle Cable
    New Control Arms
    New "Lollipop" Bushings
    New Sway Bar Links
    New Tierods and Boots
    Bilstein Sport Front Strut Inserts
    H&R Super Sport Springs
    Brembo OEM size Front & Rear Rotors
    Ceramic Pads
    18mm 42 Draft Design adapters ( 4x100 Hub to 5x120 Wheel)
    BBS RZ469 16"x8" ET 23 Wheels (Original Bottlecap Wheels w/ Tires on Included)
    205/45R16 BF-Goodrich Sport As2 Comp Tires
    Renown Monaco Preforated Leather Steering Wheel (OG Steering Wheel Included)
    Renown BMW "Motorsport" Horn Button
    New Odometer Gears
    Momo Steering Wheel Hub Adapter
    JVC Stereo with Bluetooth and multicolor settings
    New Transmission Pan Gasket
    New Transmission Coolant Lines
    New Transmission Filter
    BMW 3.73 LSD (OG Diff Included)
    Bilstein Sport Rear Shocks
    New Battery

Nothing has ever kept me from driving this car. I just really enjoy working on it so I keep buying things that it doesn't need just because. I bought the car with plans to swap it to a manual trans because its the absolute perfect candidate for it. I always said I would never have to buy another project again because I loved this car so much, but I just don't have the time to give to it anymore.

This car is still a great car for anyone wanting an e30 or small project in general. Drives just fine for someone wanting something they don't really have to do much too, but its also an awesome starting point for someone wanting to build it out. This car has so much potential which I why I love it so much, but someone else needs to make it happen.

Car is located in Lexington, KY.

Hey the car is awesome was wondering if it is still for sale

Comment

Originally posted by Noleswede View Post
      Hey the car is awesome was wondering if it is still for sale
      Sorry, but not anymore.

Comment

Working...
      X