Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any 17" barrels with bigger center hole then OZ? (about 360-365mm)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 17" barrels with bigger center hole then OZ? (about 360-365mm)

Looking in to customize some wheels in to 3-piece. I see that the OZ 35 bolt barrels is about 15mm to smal of where I like to be.

Any 17" barrels where center hole is about 360-365mm or close to it?
    BMW E28

i have 361 set. what width you want

Comment

Could I ask what barrel it is?
      BMW E28

Comment

Sorry for the hijack, but is there a common standard for barrel to centre attachment bolt PCD? I know you can get 30 bolt, 34 bolt and 40 bolt, but at what diameter?
        Current Stable
        1972 Datsun 510 - L18, Twin Webers, mild Cam, lowered, Performance Alloys - Superlites
        1973 Jaguar XJ6 - Lowered, std engine, project in the works... ..turbo'd XK
        1988 Renault 5 GT Turbo - custom suspension, megasquirt2 ECU, someday track car!

Comment

Depends on the manufacturer.., what is it your are looking into?
          But 15" oz stuff works with 15" BBS stuff if you drill out the bolt holes iirc...

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
            Depends on the manufacturer.., what is it your are looking into?
            But 15" oz stuff works with 15" BBS stuff if you drill out the bolt holes iirc...
            I’m actually looking to design my own centres and want to know what the most common inners/outers are and their hole size and rim bolt PCD. Wheels will be 8.5 x 18. I actually like some of the step conversions for the extra angle on the rim outer. Maybe I should speak directly with rim manufacturers?
            Current Stable
            1972 Datsun 510 - L18, Twin Webers, mild Cam, lowered, Performance Alloys - Superlites
            1988 Renault 5 GT Turbo - custom suspension, megasquirt2 ECU, someday track car!

Comment

Nowadays everything is common.., BBS, OZ, Work, SSR you name it and there is a shop that has replacement/Aftermarked lips or barrels...
              It depends on the diameter your centers will be and maybe what car they gonna be mounted to.

All that dictates what style lips/barrels you need, flat/reverse, step up, double or triple step. Brake clearence and how you mount
              the center also plays into that...

But 18x8.5 sounds like 18" BBS stuff that uses the 17" center would be the way to go...
              Or if you want a big center SSR or Work in a reverse configuration.

Comment

Thanks OrangeBlue, I've got a CAD render, but not sure how accurate it is (many people make renders for fun and guess the dimensions), so I've contacted a few companies that sell up-conversion rims for some details. Once I have them in hand I can throw in some offsets and go for broke.

The render I have says it's for a BBS RS and has a rim attachment PCD of 34 holes x 345.44 mm or 34 x 13.6" and an overall diameter of 14.5", so probably for 15" rims?
                Current Stable

Comment

Originally posted by Woznaldo View Post
                  The render I have says it's for a BBS RS and has a rim attachment PCD of 34 holes x 345.44 mm or 34 x 13.6" and an overall diameter of 14.5", so probably for 15" rims?
                  If a center is referred to as a 15" center doesn't implay the center beeing 15" in diameter.., BBS RSs for example, a 16" wheel can have the same diameter center as a 15" wheel and a 17" that uses a ´16" center´, 18" using ´17" center´...

From the measurments you got it sounds like the center is ment to go in 17" big bore lips and barrels.
                  The 17" big bore stuff is most commen BBS stuff, lots 'n lots of aftermarket options...
                  BBS had a RS in 18x8.5 that uses that center...

Comment

OrangeBlue, I appreciate that the centre may not be for a 15" wheel, but good to know that it might well be the standard for a BBS 17" wheel. I'm still waiting for a response from BFI, but as they're US based they probably won't read the email until tonight (my time). Lots of after market options is exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks again.
                    Current Stable

Comment

Working...
                    X