X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double bellow bags plopping noise on rise

Hi airriders,

my MINI runs Airlift Performance struts with double bellow bags up front.
    When rising the car from aired out I have a loud plopping noise only from the right side.
    I already heard of other people having this issue from time to time with this type of bag.

Does anyone know where this is coming from and how to fix this?
    Why is occuring only on one side?

Its a common thing with the bags. Its popping because when you air out the bag folds a little. The popping noise is the bag unfolding when you air up. I wouldn't worry to much.

Comment

I am not really worried about it, it's just annoying as the noise is so loud that it's turning heads in car parks.
      Any fixing ideas? It must work somehow as just one bag does it.

Comment

I mean, it's making the noise because you're dropping the car so low in the suspension geometry that the bag folts/inverts a little bit. The quickest solution would probably be to determine exactly when it folds, and not drop it below that level by either setting it as your lowest position if you're using e-level or the like, or installing new bump stops that limit the travel.

Comment

I've only had this issue with my double billow bags. the sound is slightly annoying, I've taken the bags out and cleaned them to see if that helps. NOTHING, still has same issue

Comment

I have Airrex double belows in front and it always does it. As said, the bag is physically collapsed/compressed. Put air in it and it pop out, audibly. Only way to stop that is don't drop it so low.

Comment

Working...
            X