LoweredSilverado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoweredSilverado

Little introduction about me Im TJ. I got a 92 Silverado with a 86 front clip(because previous owner believed in junkyard parts). Its got a 305 small block(With minor throttle body problems). Soon to be lowered and side skirts/wheel arch extensions added.

Screenshot_20171102-132002.jpg

Hopefully y'all enjoy this build as much as me.

excited to see more. believe you meant 96 front end, 86 would be square body. nothing wrong with junkyard parts either!

Originally posted by BozoBubble
    Stance bug bites hard, man, you ain't gonna shake it.

Truck Build

Instagram: somestancekid

Comment

That looks like a seal quad beam 88/89 front end. Nice GMT400, I've got a 1998 Tahoe.

Comment

Nice start.
        Love me some lowered Silverados.
        What are your plans for it?

Had a 99 Tahoe, now have an 07 Tahoe. Waiting to be dropped haha.

Comment

Yay lowered truck! I’m totally down for this. Would really like to see a full shot of the truck, if you have one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
            Yay lowered truck! I’m totally down for this. Would really like to see a full shot of the truck, if you have one.
            +1 on this, I'm a big fan of slammed trucks

FB: @DumbassCarCrew - IG: @fruttolo_dumbasscrew

Comment

What's your cab size, box length? Always a fan of seeing this gen chevy truck on the ground.
              [CENTER][url=http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66924][color=red]e28 build thread[/color] [/url]
              [img]http://i.imgur.com/hNTlNvf.jpg?2[/img]
              Instagram: [url=https://instagram.com/divingboardlord/][color=red]@divingboardlord[/color][/url][/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by sqznby View Post
                Nice start.
                Love me some lowered Silverados.
                What are your plans for it?

Had a 99 Tahoe, now have an 07 Tahoe. Waiting to be dropped haha.

My plans are to lower it obviously. Im also looking for a 305 small block.

Comment

Originally posted by Robitussin View Post
                  What's your cab size, box length? Always a fan of seeing this gen chevy truck on the ground.

Single cab, short bed.

Comment

Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                    I don't have one at the moment. But will be doing a photo shoot with the truck soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LoweredSilverado View Post
                      My plans are to lower it obviously. Im also looking for a 305 small block.
                      Obviously.
                      I guess I should've been more clear. What specs are you going for and how are you going to get there? Coils/spindles up front and leafs, flip or linked out back? How low?
                      You could probably find a 350 for short money.
                      Why side skirts?

Comment

Obviously.
                        I guess I should've been more clear. What specs are you going for and how are you going to get there? Coils/spindles up front and leafs, flip or linked out back? How low?
                        Why side skirts?
                        if you are looking to get low cheap axle flip would be the way to go. dont get a 305, they are better as boat anchors when you can get a 350 for about the same price. im lowered 4.5/5.5 (roughly) in my s10. cut coils, spindles, tall balljoints in the front and blocks, pulled leaf, and set back/ angle plates in the rear. im in about $350 but my way of lowering it is the cheap and honestly shitty way. axle frame bangs and wraps like a bitch causing wheel hop, while the front bottoms out constantly because there is no progressive spring rate. save yourself the irritation later and get springs, and spindles for the front (tall balljoints if those are also associated with c/k trucks) and actually get leafs for the rear after flipping your axle. use blocks as a means of dialing in rather than a first resort for getting low.

Truck Build

Comment

Obviously.
                          Why side skirts?
                          Just mild low, Cutlass springs up front, and I'm taking a few leafs out of the back. And side skirts because they cover the rust around the wheel wells.

Comment

Originally posted by storey618 View Post
                            if you are looking to get low cheap axle flip would be the way to go. dont get a 305, they are better as boat anchors when you can get a 350 for about the same price. im lowered 4.5/5.5 (roughly) in my s10. cut coils, spindles, tall balljoints in the front and blocks, pulled leaf, and set back/ angle plates in the rear. im in about $350 but my way of lowering it is the cheap and honestly shitty way. axle frame bangs and wraps like a bitch causing wheel hop, while the front bottoms out constantly because there is no progressive spring rate. save yourself the irritation later and get springs, and spindles for the front (tall balljoints if those are also associated with c/k trucks) and actually get leafs for the rear after flipping your axle. use blocks as a means of dialing in rather than a first resort for getting low.
                            The person before the person I bought it off swapped it from a v6 5 speed to a 305 automatic trans. And as I responded to sqznby I'm just doing cutlass springs in the front and taking a few leafs out the rear

Comment

Originally posted by LoweredSilverado View Post
                              The person before the person I bought it off swapped it from a v6 5 speed to a 305 automatic trans. And as I responded to sqznby I'm just doing cutlass springs in the front and taking a few leafs out the rear
                              A 350 will bolt up to either of those transmissions and a 350 will drop right in the mounts. Just because it has a 305 dosnt mean you have to get another. I believe a 305 ecu will just plug in and run a 350 if they are both throttle body injected. As for lows be careful when taking leads out in the rear. Especially with a v8.

Truck Build

Comment

Working...
                              X