Clear All

• FS: 1994 Acura Vigor - Potential Project Car! - $899 OBO

Had to post on my favorite site to look up cars
    -$899 OBO
    - Des Moines, IA
    - Willing to ship for motivated buyer

Vehicles
    - 1994 Acura Vigor GS
    - Just under 202,000 miles, goes up slowly because it's occasionally driven to work
    - No modifications, currently stock. Got it from a friend and planned to fix up the body and lower it, but need to free up funds to pay some medical bills
    - I emphasize this is a project car! It can be daily driven as is, and has been for much of the past 2 years that I've owned it. Before then, it was garaged for about 4 years

Known Issues
    -Leaking head gasket. Doesn't overheat, but will smoke a little bit after a long drive in the summer.
    -Alternator has a surge that puts the engine into limp mode once it warms up. The car won't go above 3000rpm, about 65mph in 4th gear
    -I think the lube place said it needs work on the CV joints
    -Needs new steering rack and pump, has HUGE dead spot in the middle. It is predictable and I've driven it like this. I got a quote for about $2000 to do it
    -Brake fluid level sensor is done so the brake light stays on. It is full of fluid though
    -Two of the tires are old and cracked, but they all have great tread life. This doesn't really matter if you plan to put it on wheels anyway
    -Needs a new exhaust. The muffler rusted off and the remaining pipe is ziptied to the rear subframe
    -Probably needs new battery terminals. They occasionally slip off
    -Every once in a while the car ever so slightly shifts out of park and won't start until you place it back in park. Did this a lot when I first got it, only does it rarely now
    -Drivers seat is badly torn in the bolster, besides that the leather is pristine except for one crack in the rear seat
    -One crack in the dash
    -CD player stopped working, don't know if its a fuse
    -Arm rest is loose and detached from its base
    -RR taillight has some rust in one of the bulb sockets
    -Drivers window is off track
    -Interior driver door handle broke off. I open the door by rolling down the back window
    -Rust, and lots of it. The trunk has a rust hole that exposes the cable
    -Clearcoat is almost completely gone
    -No ABS. The light has been on since I got it

Good things
    -It's a classic Acura where there is usually only 2 for sale on Cars.com nationwide
    -Engine runs and sounds like a dream
    -The car still lights up its tires and is a rare torquey Honda motor
    -New spark plugs
    -New battery
    -2 tires in like new condition
    -Starts reliably (when battery terminals are in place), has NEVER left me stranded in 2 years of ownership
    -Power seats, sunroof, etc. still work perfectly
    -Even has a bluetooth adapter!
    -Yellow fog lights! Need I say more?

Will get interior pics up in the next few days
    IMG_2503.JPGIMG_2521.jpgIMG_2522.jpgIMG_2523.JPGIMG_2524.JPG

At the very least it can be a beater to get you through the winter. I know this is a very ugly and beat up car, but it's been my favorite, and has been well loved, just finally have to say goodbye. I am obviously flexible on price
    Last edited by Otis; 11-06-2017, 03:54 PM.

Sold though!

Comment

Working...
    X